Eromanga-Sensei - Vol. 12 Ch. 75 - Sagiri and the New Life

Dex-chan lover
Is this really how they do this in Japan? Because they are putting too much pressure on the MC. Especially since he is just a student.

Dex-chan lover
@Barrubo
I don't know for sure but my guess is that it's slightly exaggerated but close to the truth. I've had to deal with a mangaka dying from overwork mid-serialization more than once so the anime staff is probably just as overworked.

Dex-chan lover
The unreasonable work ethic/expectations in Japan is pretty much a meme at this point, but one has to wonder if they just fucking suck at organizing. I've worked on large-scale, big money projects for global level corporations before, and never once has there been a need to miss sleep, work on Sundays or stay in the office until 11 pm. Not a single time, no matter the deadlines, the stakes or mishaps. Because the project leads and planners were competent people who knew to leave some margin for error and efficiently allocate manpower.

So what is it, Japan? Is your shitty work culture just a result of nobody having figured out management yet?

@brainman most devs where I work get all nighters or weekends of overtime at least a couple times a year. It is a problem of bad organization, managers signing for terrible deadlines and clients changing what they want midway of course.

DAMN never expected this to happen in the animations or making on in real life as well.

This is clearly overexagerated and i dont really like it, if you want a true view of how this kind of things work Bakuman is better

Can happen where you have key skill risk, ie only 1 person knows how to do something. They think it’s job security, but when shit hits the fan. You are also the only person that can fix the problem. In IT that means a tech on tech bridges with vendors all day for high priority incidents. This is the manager’s or team leaders fault for not implementing cross skilling and for always leaving it to the SME to fix. Doubly screwed when that person is on leave or leaves the company or retires.

@brainman It really depends, most companies in America don't do it but I still hear about a lot of companies doing something similar. I know a lot of engineers (family/friends) who complain about deadlines needing a lot more time but they're forced to work OT for it, or forced to work weekends, and sometimes both if it's really bad . Otherwise their screwed outta promotions/raises/being in the "good" work area with good team leads.

Dex-chan lover
God that editor is such a massive cunt lmao
At least have the decency to stick up for your money-maker. A malnourished cow produces little milk.

Users who are viewing this thread