Everything Was a Mistake - Ch. 22

So angsty ( `~ ` ). She's like a cat with its hackles raised, everything is interpreted in the worst way possible. I understand why though so I'm not really hating on her but for the love of god...both of them need to sit down and talk properly.

ML needs to be honest too! For real, just tell the truth. Even if you're not in love with her, you can say that you care about her! ML has such a sad situation, I want the angst to stop. ;-;

i feel icky. i want to like the ML but i just can’t right now, i hate him. hopefully my feelings change in the next chapters bc it seems things are starting to turn around

I mean... You usually figure out what someone thinks of you by 1) what they say to you, 2) how they treat you, & 3) what others suggest.

Based on their history, Duroa’s distrust & suspicion for Nocton are completely reasonable reactions. Not that his actions would be excused or erased by knowing his motivations, but she doesn’t even know the why. All she knows is how poorly he’s treated her in the past, & how callously he treats others.

It’s frustrating, but her defensiveness is warranted. 😥

Is the page working for you all?
I keep getting errors on this chapter :((
My connection seems fine
But the webpage is crashing whenever I open this chapter

I love this. THIS is how you write a villain love interest. You make them morally questionable, and even if you write reasons for their manipulations you have to make them feel threatening to get what they want. I've kinda gotten annoyed how nowaday comments and readers will bash or drop a series because the love interest isn't the perfect nice guy. In other series "perfect nice guys" also get hate for being to boring. The WHOLE summary of this story was that she got involved with the VILLAIN.
Now if a character who we are supposed to like is actively promoting bad things then it makes sense for the social justice warriors to pounce, but if all stories were completely politically correct then they'd be ridiculously boring. There would be no conflict and no need to resolve it.
I'm always looking for stories where the male lead, or any important character, is NOT a good person. Also the reason I love yanderes. OBVIOUSLY in real life they'd be horrible, but it's fiction so I can like them all I want.

This male lead guy reminds me of the male lead from Cheese In The Trap. Too many similarities in their character...

I feel like they're being a bit too dramatic. Since she's already resolved herself to cut ties with him, then she should just inform the imperial family that he's a black magician. I'm sure the royals have no special love for him and with the addition of black magic, he'll quickly be executed. After that's over, she could do literally whatever she wants. Also, her family status isn't anything to scoff at, so why does she always act so meek?

@HibaShahid01 ahhhh shit yr right. But that guy in cheese in the trap is scarier.

He doesnt need black magic to manipulate people. Eep. Nocton too tho...

i'm dont like this fl. she thinks shes so righteous but shes also manipulating Nocton... the only difference between then is that Nocton has magic to do it...

Fed-Kun's army
@that_weeb_one yo, preach!!!! everything you said is what i wanted to say as well. i'm tired of people complaining when they can just drop the story and move on. like, are they seriously saying they hate that the male lead is so bad? like, what are they expecting when the synopsis itself says that Nocton is a villain, and that she'll get involved with said villain? 😭😭😭

of course he'll be morally grey and of course he's gonna be annoying 😭

the fl didn't consider his feelings at all. he's not a puppet that have no feelings. she kept acting like she's the only one who's good and all though she also have ulterior motive when she approached him so she shouldn't act like she's innocent and dramatic as if he just killed her whole family

Users who are viewing this thread