Everything Was a Mistake

Like a car wreck, we just can't look away. That being said I actually enjoy this story. The drama is fun and I'm looking forward to the moment everyone becomes happy. But Norton really needs to make an effort with Duroa, cause it's understandable why she's so afraid of him and he really did treat her like shit for years.

Me reading this webtoon was a mistake....

FL is so dumb. I can't stand her. She thinks she's so clever but she is actually the most stupid character in the webtoon. GOD I WANT TO SMACK THE SH*T OUT OF HER.

The author should’ve never made Nocton falls for Duroa. I’m hating her more and more as the story progresses.

when the title's a little too accurate
I'm literally sitting here just: this lady needs to calm down a little

The whole plot is so friggin stupid. Literally NO ONE in this entire story can see what's RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. They aren't stupid, the author thinks we are. Each time they "reveal" something I'm like ?????? but?? surely?? you knew that?????

It doesn't feel like Duroa is stupid, but if they revealed the bitch lost 75% of her braincells because of the hypnosis. it'll be the only consistent plotline in this whole train wreck.

And Alice's name is fitting since I think that girl is losing her marbles like calm down girl it ain't that deep. Honestly doesn't make sense to me just how invested she is in all this.
And don't even get me started on the whole Alice and whatever the blonde guy is called. I'm just upset ok

I never really post a comment about mangas/manhwa/webtoons. But i feel like I'm losing few braincells just reading this train wreck.

I cannot believe that this monstrosity annoys me to the point i just gonna drop it.

🤣 if anything was a mistake, it would be reading this ridiculous and unnecessarily confusing AF plot.

can someone really post the spoiler here I really cant stop calling them stupid because of the misunderstanding that lead to another and to fucking another until it reach like what at the end of chapter,
with a dumb way at it too.
Am to much emotional that's why I want someone to spoil me the details of this. (if someone knows sorry to bother)
my brain cells goes down beyond when reading this it stresses me I just want to enjoy it, for example that will lead to a wholesome because of her/his past life situation not like this shitty situation that leads to more misunderstanding ahhhhhhhhhh

I enjoy reading this coz the human psychology, unseen convenient situation, twist for reader, and mostly unpredictable plot but when i read the comment it seem almost all just bad talk on this but actually it just you lack of empathy to the characters
i understand most ppl just want to read heartwarming and everything goes MC way story but a comment like this just gonna end up crushing the author motivation and burying they masterpiece

Why... are all the comments bashing Duroa and pitying Nocton? Yes, Duroa may not be able to see everything we can.. and sure Nocton is cute but it feels like... so many girls/women just read manga/manhwa/manhua and fangirl over the ML regardless of how shitty he is or what mistakes he makes.

Nocton is kind of trash. He creates these misunderstandings for the most part by not being honest and being a big fat jerk. Sorry, big fat mind-controlling, non communicative, borderline evil jerk. I don't care that he isn't killing anyone because of Duroa, THATS NOT A POINT IN HIS FAVOR. THATS WHAT NORMAL FUCKING PEOPLE ARE LIKE.

It's like men are always criticized for "thinking with their dicks" but all I see in comments on this site are what I assume to be a majority of females just sweeping any cute/handsome man's flaws and shittiness under the rug because "kyaa my boor bb, that FL Doesn't deserve his uwu yandere-ness that I would TOTALLY love him for".....

Preach @feanorsjewels 🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿

So much bashing of FLs and so much over the top sympathy for the MLs. Actually doesn't make sense at all?!

An ML can lie, manipulate, be overtly and horribly cruel, but meh 'his childhood...' And this is when the FLs family aren't much better!

Yet we expect the FL to be a boss, sweet but not too sweet, intelligent, but not too smart, powerful, but not too powerful.

These guys are, by and large, trash 🤷🏽‍♀️
You can understand the development of said characterisation and perhaps it mitigates aspects of their actions. But, crucially: IT DOESN'T ABSOLVE THEM!

We expect our FLs to be strong AF, but get annoyed if things go too well or if they don't react with overt 'strength'.

Even if it's fictional...why in fiction and in real life are we so quick to forgive cis men and hate on women identifying characters and people?

Supporter
This manhwa is fine enough, but the entire conflict of the story would be resolved if Nocton just spoke his mind a single time. It's getting old as fuck at this point and it makes everything feel cheap and baseless.

Everything in the story revolves around this one stupid misunderstanding due to his inability to tell the MC how he really feels about her. And "She might dislike me because I can use black magic :(" isn't enough for 30 chapters worth of drama.

I won't vouch for Nocton, though technically he is a lot nicer this time around.
He was a flat out murderer in the book and has yet to take anyone's life. He's by no means a good person, but he's not unredeemable at this point. I mean in the context of what has he actually done to Valrose, it's more of an ass who hasn't figured out how to express his emotions. The man is downright horrible to everyone else but only really ever been mildly mean to her. His worst action was the pond incident and he did that while still a child. My point is, he definitely needs to redeem himself before I think he and Valrose should ever have a relationship, but he's got far better odds than some of the other ml's I've read in these isekai romance stories.; I could picture them working it out while in other's I just want to scream at the girl to run far and fast already. And can we just say Valrose is an idiot and those two girls need to stop believing in dreams that they've already proven don't always come true. They need to realize the dreams are actually warning them to try and prevent things, so the fact the former Duchess was shown is a warning not a hint they need to help her.

I think I’m letting this one go. Honestly I hate romances that get too caught up in misunderstandings, because ultimately both parties end up being at fault; but often the story takes too long to clear it up. In some ways, this feels like my second least favorite Shakespeare play , Othello; except Duora is Othello and Nocturn is Desdemons (Othello’s wife). I think if one of the characters (even the side characters) were trying to clear up the misunderstanding, it would improve the story a lot. Because it would encourage either Nocturn to be more open, or encourage Duora to look at things from a different perspective. Even if Alice was still saying “stay away”, if there was another character say “you don’t understand” or “you need to talk to her”; it would encourage Duora and Nocturn to try and get to the bottom of things... sadly we have yet to encounter said character, and I think I’ve had enough.

Users who are viewing this thread