Expansion of the Theme Tags

• Yes Expand the Tag system

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No The tag system is fine as is

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dex-chan lover
If themes such as Gyaru and delinquents are included as tags why not fully expand the theme tags to include character types.

IE Tsundere, Yandere, Tomboy, etc...

As it currently stands to find a manga with these character types in them you have to go to external sites, so why not just expand the system here to keep everything together.

I agree with @AbyssalMonkey
In my opinion, the only people wanting an expansion with "character type" tags are those who come here to jerk off. Any other reason is sophistry to justify it.

Tags shouls be used to identify the plot and core concept.

I already see people in the comments of stories chime in with a: "This should get xxxxx tag...", just because 'xxxxx' made a single chapter appearance; even though it has no real relevance to the story as a whole. I'm sure there's already plenty of stories that presently have a tag for similar reasons -- much like how some stories may get a 'tragedy' tag just because of one sad moment.
You'd also run into the problem of who would actually be the one to police and monitor such an expansion, as well as who makes the determination of when it gets a tag. I'm not even going get into that at the moment.

Now, with that said, if you were advocating for some type of user controlled "Fetish Filter" that was hidden out of the way where people could share their own tags from a predetermined list, then I wouldn't really care. As long as it remains it's own entity that I don't have to see -- unless, of course, I were to choose to.

Dex-chan lover
@AbyssalMonkey While I agree that we shouldn't end up with a mangaupdates tag situation we should still add character tags as they are important to themes. There area some stories (non H) where the primary focus is a Yandere. My issue is not all of them are thrillers or horror some are comedy. Just as Gyaru may be a central theme to some manga the same can be said for other character types

I think @Happily_Grim has the best idea of having a separate user generated tag system (that can be hidden) even if it is not limited to H works. As this solves the problem for people who want more tags and people who don't want the tag system changed.

Users who are viewing this thread