Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! - Ch. 20.1

Dex-chan lover
I... I don't remember her revealing this here? Granted, it was a while since I read this novel.
She did reveal it at this moment, but in the novel, it was only heard by the headmaster, I envisioned the scene where they're closer in proximity but somehow this version seemed they're further apart making it not clear enough.

Double-page supporter
As a wise man once said:

Dun-dun-dun.

I do recall someone in previous comments saying (an off-hand remark really) that Elrise wasn't the Saint, but in fact, the Goddess. A pity that the story does not have a seperate 'Goddess' as part of its worldbuilding. She could have said that for badassery points and more drama.

Dex-chan lover
His logic is very sound, if the strongest Saint become a witch, she would be the strongest witch.

I hope he doesn't get punished because of this.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
soo what makes one exactly a saint?
and since there was no one before, how will she know that it realy turns out like this? cause her dreams?

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
It is very specific what makes one a saint, and there are ONLY 2 at a time.

The new Saint is born when the witch is killed and the saint becomes the new witch. The cycle repeats no matter what.

Real saints(aside from their cycle), are characterized by having very OP magic power compared to normal humans, as well as a unique magic/attribute only they can use, that makes them basically invincible except to themselves(which is also their weakness).

For all intents and purposes, you could think of them as the Avatar in Avatar the Last airbender.(able to use any magic and also able to use their own unique magic that only they have)

Elrise is super STRONK, but she is 100% not a real Saint.

That's not to say she can't fight the witch and win, she already found a cheat way to deal with the witches early in the story.(hint: it's related to vernell)

Suffice to say EVERYTHING about witches and saints will be explained in the future. And if the manga skips over important details, I will be around to explain/answer questions.

and since there was no one before, how will she know that it realy turns out like this? cause her dreams?
There have been quite a number of saints over the generations, hundreds of years. It's very firmly established that the saints become the new witches.

Elrise doesn't need her dreams. She has her full past life memories of obsessively playing the game where this and much more was explained. The dreams of the other world where she interacts with herself, only give her tidbits of how a new "Elrise romance route" seems to be made in the game(aka how she is creating a new future).

Contributor
Ooh, Elrise dropped the other bomb! :meguupog:

Not quite a full title drop, but it's close. Now I'm REALLY curious if anyone else aside from Dias and Leila are hearing all of this.

Dex-chan lover
is this one gonna drag out too?
looking at this .1 chp, it's only 8 pg..
so another short chps dragged out arc.. pls dont

Group Leader
thanks for the chapter
Saint able to use space magic which protect them from all matter except the space magic itself, which is used by the witch (former saint). That is why the saint couldn't be wounded by any mean and why only the saint could fight the witch.

Only the 1st saint know tho that it's space magic and not holy mubo jumbo

Dex-chan lover
Text version of the last part was cooler. It's really mismatched art of the scene compared to Elrise sneakily cutting herself to show that she's fake and the opening part of what I assume is the next chapter would have made a much better ending for this chapter.

Aggregator gang
Text version of the last part was cooler. It's really mismatched art of the scene compared to Elrise sneakily cutting herself to show that she's fake and the opening part of what I assume is the next chapter would have made a much better ending for this chapter.
She didn't cut herself. She just intentionally allowed a little bit of his attack through her barrier. It wouldn't work as evidence if she cut herself because saints can do that.

Oh that last panel is beautiful. You did a good job, Elrise-tan!

MWmTfSf.png

Users who are viewing this thread