Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! - Ch. 20.1

Dex-chan lover
There have been quite a number of saints over the generations, hundreds of years. It's very firmly established that the saints become the new witches.
Saints yes, so what about fake saints? thats the one that is important after all ^^

Dex-chan lover
Official LN translation is out (vol 1-3 out of 4 vol total). IMO, the manga is decent, but not as good as the LN. E.g. this scene at the end, in the LN she whispers to him, and shows him her hand that got cut a little bit during the fight. But in the manga it doesn't even look like she's whispering, leading manta readers to think that everyone heard her.

Dex-chan lover
Saints yes, so what about fake saints? thats the one that is important after all ^^
What makes current Elrise particularly special is primarily that the MC trained continuously from a young age to become more powerful.

Villainess Elrise(original elrise) certainly was naturally gifted in magical talent, to the extent that her being a fake wasn't easily obvious. But she was simply just someone who was naturally gifted at something, not much different different from someone like Leila who is gifted with a sword. Or to use my previous Avatar the Last Airbender analogy, Elrise is not much different from Azula or Toph(naturally gifted benders).

(If you read the Avatar novels, Elrise is almost exactly the same as "Avatar" Yun. A talented earthbender who was mistakenly believed to be the Avatar instead of Kiyoshi(the real one). The only difference being Elrise also has the benefit of future knowledge, and 10+ years of training to become more powerful).

In simple terms though you could really just look at Elrise as being the same as Vernell. Just doing magic training(with nice base/growth stats) instead of vernells muscle training.

The point though is if you are trying to look at Elrise as something special, it's better to just think of her in a similar vein to the standard "I was reincarnated as a ordinary commoner, but by training to extremes for 10+ years, people mistook me as the hero". She's mostly so STRONK because she worked for it. If Elrise had been reincarnated as Eterna instead, there is a high chance she would be stronger following similar training.

"Theoretically" others could do the same.

No details, but really this story does tie everything all together and explain everything. It's kinda like a JJ Abrams mystery box, only the writer actually thought and planned everything out, and it all comes together in a satisfying way.
----------------‐-------------------------------

Now of course, if you are thinking ahead to how characters will react to the idea that Elrise, considered to be the greatest saint ever recorded(in terms of feats like monster subjugation and healing magic), is actually a fake?

🤐

Just get your popcorn ready and enjoy the ride. It's going to be good, even more so when compared to the real saints.

Dex-chan lover
Elrise is definitely an intriguing character -- she's perhaps not as straightforward a character as you would think. Unfortunately that's going to be really hard to communicate in a manga.

Dex-chan lover
The execution of the reveal seems really weak, like with supple ment's backstory

As a wise man once said:

Dun-dun-dun.

I do recall someone in previous comments saying (an off-hand remark really) that Elrise wasn't the Saint, but in fact, the Goddess. A pity that the story does not have a seperate 'Goddess' as part of its worldbuilding. She could have said that for badassery points and more drama.
Even if you aren't remembering correctly you should still mark spoilers as such

Should an off-hand comment in a forum be considered a spoiler? I didn't get it from the source material, I got it from the forums. And it was unmarked.
Just because others fail to mark spoilers and your sourcing your information from them doesn't mean you shouldn't mark spoilers

Users who are viewing this thread