Fate/Grand Order -Epic of Remnant- Pseudo-Singularity III: The Stage of Carnage, Shimousa – Seven Duels of Swordmasters - Ch. 31 - Women from a Ruine…

Wait, she summoned her 4 heavenly kings with her noble phantasm instead of 4 other copys of herself? Goddamn, that's going to be fun, also that's the Golden Kid new custom

Supporter
Ah yep, remind me how I dislike Raikou's design... Anyway not really related to the chapter but I hope the other 2 heavenly kings show up soon

Fed-Kun's army
Well as someone who loves Raikou's design, and thought this chapter was awesome, thank you so much for the translation! The art style continues to be unique and interesting.

Fed-Kun's army
Love & Hate on Mama's Design is coming but adding the Custom 4 Heavenly Kings is a Welcome Surprise indeed.

Dex-chan lover
I can't take Raikou's action scenes seriously at all. I really wish I could. But that rack just makes it impossible. It's like someone put a Queen's Blade character in a Nolan Batman.

I don't mind Raikou's ample assets, in fact I much prefer this grimdark version of her to the "Berserker-class because I'm a doting mom" phone game version of the same character.

Actually, I'd go so far as to say she looks much better here than when drawn by Raita (yeah blasphemer come and get me).

Fed-Kun's army
Everybody talking about Raikou and I'm like... Shuten over there is terrifying...

Nice appearances by Tsuna and Kintoki too, this is much cooler than the game's version.

@Cinsyac

this is much cooler than the game's version

This is the advantage of it being a manga, it can be expanded upon and the illustrations strongly emphasize events, whereas dialogue alone only goes so far.

It also really helps the artwork is top notch, if a bit uncanny at times (but fitting for a gritty setting like Shimousa).

Fed-Kun's army
@pihip I assume you know that this version of her is also in the "phone game"? I feel like you more so meant compared to the version you can summon, you prefer this corrupted version summoned in this 1.5 chapter. Which I mean fair enough, though personally I enjoy both versions of her. I think also she's not just a berserker because of her doting mom traits, but also because she is part oni. Plus her unstable rage around oni like Shuten, who she normally tries to smash into the floor if you take your eye off of her for a second. So there's numerous reasons for her being a berserker.

Edit: Also for me one of the more interesting parts of her character in this 1.5 chapter
actually factors in her motherly nature, so this version of her still has that side.
Using the spoiler tags for future content of this manga, if you're unfamiliar with this story/haven't played the game.

@Cinsyac Now just imagine if we were to ever get a high budget anime for this 1.5 chapter, adapting this manga and using it's style. That'd be something special I think.

@HauntedPizza

Nothing to argue against there, but assuming I got the lore right, one of her more defining traits is her "motherhood". Had she been a Berserker-class purely because of having oni blood and going into rampages when around Shuten (or Ibaraki and so on) then no complaints from me, but from what I know said "motherhood" factors heavily in her having Mad Enhancement, which I'm sorry to say but is quite weird.

Of course, I could say the same of Nightingale, but that's an even more extreme example and is unrelated to Shimousa, so let's leave it at that.

Fed-Kun's army
@pihip I won't disagree that it can be a bit odd, I guess the berserker nature also comes in with the idea of being an over-protective parent. Which can be kind of interesting in certain situations. Nightingale being berserkery about cleaning, and using things like hand-sanitizer, if anything I find amusing personally. As someone who is a bit that way themselves, and uses hand-sanitizer religiously (even before the pandemic) she speaks to me on a spiritual level haha

@Karusama: Wait, she summoned her 4 heavenly kings with her noble phantasm instead of 4 other copys of herself? Goddamn, that's going to be fun, also that's the Golden Kid new custom
Of course, her Noble Phanstasm was meant to provoke the image of her 4 Heavenly Kings after all, but since only Kintoki, not even his old outfit, was released at the time, DW opted for her shadows instead.
Man, Shuten looks downright terrifying there.

@Diarek I do realize that, but the thing is that the other 2 still didnt appear yet, it's only Kintoki and Tsuna that appeared in F/GO so far, so I thought for certain that what we were going to get from Raikou NP was the same as in the game, that's why I got surprised and hyped.

Users who are viewing this thread