Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 3rei!! - Ch. 72.1 - That Gap

Dex-chan lover
I wish this came out more regularly. It’s way too good and a pity the loli Yuri stuff early on (and amped in the anime) masks a very strong story. I want to re read this part of the arc when it’s all done.

Dex-chan lover
I have no idea what is going on anymore
1. Illya time travel at the cost of deleting her existence.
2. Miyu is a Divine Child, and isekai'd to Illya's world using that power.
3. Miyu meets Illya, the latter plays a huge role in every events till now in both this universe and Prillyaverse.

4. "Reality" tries to correct itself, but there's still a lot of holes.
5. Miyu exploits that holes. If Illya never exist, the power used for isekaing is still available.

Dex-chan lover
YOOOOOOOOO

finally Miyu is popping off

Sheesh.

I kinda wanna see an art of Zwei form Illya and this form Miyu

Dex-chan lover
So does that mean that Miyuverse!Shirou and Sakura might merge with their other selves, or will they just be transported to Illya's world as they are?

I wonder what everyone would think of there being two versions of them...
...honestly would people even notice if the Survivors get transported? I mean how many People are still alive in Miyuverse anyway?

Dex-chan lover
...honestly would people even notice if the Survivors get transported? I mean how many People are still alive in Miyuverse anyway?
Ah no, i meant if miyuverse Shirou and Sakura get transported to illya's world, and if they'll live in Illya's neighbourhood, and what Illyaverse! Shirou and Sakura would think of there suddenly being doppelgangers of them, and the shenanigans that would ensue if people start mistaking them for the other, etc.

So not how Miyuverse people would react, but the people of the Illyaverse.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ah no, i meant if miyuverse Shirou and Sakura get transported to illya's world, and if they'll live in Illya's neighbourhood, and what Illyaverse! Shirou and Sakura would think of there suddenly being doppelgangers of them, and the shenanigans that would ensue if people start mistaking them for the other, etc.

So not how Miyuverse people would react, but the people of the Illyaverse.
Yeah I mean that. Miyuverse survivors get transportet to Illyaverse because how many could it be by now. Would be barely noticable aside from a certain Evil priest.
As for MiyuShiro and MiyuSakura the first one is already Archer Mode so they probably would just consider him some Foreigner that looks weirdly like Shiro. Sakura though ... yeah maybe she looks now like her Sakura Route Self from fate Stay Night?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I mean that. Miyuverse survivors get transportet to Illyaverse because how many could it be by now. Would be barely noticable aside from a certain Evil priest.
As for MiyuShiro and MiyuSakura the first one is already Archer Mode so they probably would just consider him some Foreigner that looks weirdly like Shiro. Sakura though ... yeah maybe she looks now like her Sakura Route Self from fate Stay Night?
There is a chance that they may get depowered and brought down to normal again though, and then there might be a few raised eyebrows, to say the least

Dex-chan lover
Thank you very much for the translation! My prillyanium this month has been stocked!

Glad that stone relic is still relevant to the plot. If i would guess, that thing is similar to hans andersen's NP; A legend maker, something that pile up significant events in order to turn someone into some sort of high-ranking being...
Shirou and sakura are most likely in imaginary number huh. I predict they would be the key to get illya back from BC age.
And what's with that power-up miyu?! Is this simply because you get all your divinnity back? Or you are also using kaleidostick's prism trance to get the power of your servant self from FGOverse? I prefer the latter though, so please Hiroyama-sensei give us some FGOxPrillya collab extra chapter!(edited)
Once again thanks for the hardwork:)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
There is a chance that they may get depowered and brought down to normal again though, and then there might be a few raised eyebrows, to say the least
Probably what happens. It seems Shiro overused his ability when he completely turned Archer. I say we will know once this Arc ends ... you know, around 2029.

Dex-chan lover
Glad that stone relic is still relevant to the plot. If i would guess, that thing is similar to hans andersen's NP; A legend maker, something that pile up significant events in order to turn someone into some sort of high-ranking being...
What relic do you mean?

Dex-chan lover
The one on this chapter's 1st page, behind darius' thorny tendrils and under one of his monologue bubble
Ah. I suspected that's what you meant, but didn't notice it in the chapter.
That's the one involved in a ritual Darius was doing with Miyu back when she was stuck in his castle, correct?

Dex-chan lover
There's so many things I'm confused yet
Like, I understand but still need to be straightened up.

1. How can her divine power isn't used up? Doesn't she use her power to wish to be Shirou real little sister?

2. How does her logic makes up of not meeting Illya and never went to paralel world, but she have Sapphire, meet Rin and Luvia from another world, etc?

I know you shouldn't question anime logic, but just in case there someone who can explain it more plainly so that I can understand...

Just to add to the others who already explained about her exploiting the holes the world's logic, stuff in Nasuverse tend to work on a sliding scale.

Things aren't really absolute, there's rarely such a thing as something overpowering or overwriting something else as a given. This usually only happens when the gap between the two is extreme, between the two opposing forces, like the weight of the World collapsing a small Reality Marble.

Also the more loosely defined something is, the more easily it's broken. It's relatively easy to forget Illya was here, harder to forget all the times they've met Illya, and even harder to accept the reality that she never existed. Some or all of this paradigm can also exist simultaneously. There's plenty of examples in Nasuverse, but one of the most accessible examples is in FGO, how Singularities (distortions in the timeline) take time to decay and revert back to normal, sometimes in parts. That wooly situation makes it possible for Miyu to cherry-pick favorable elements of that reality.

Sapphire and the rest are unlikely to disappear. She's warping her own reality, while the rest of them are trying to acknowledge Illya existed. Due to the same principle, it's unlikely she can change their reality just through her own acknowledgement. It's a bit of a cheat considering Miyu is using her at the same time, but the fact that Sapphire is a sentient stick helps here.

I wish this came out more regularly. It’s way too good and a pity the loli Yuri stuff early on (and amped in the anime) masks a very strong story. I want to re read this part of the arc when it’s all done.
Why not both? That's what makes Priya truly unique I'd say 😆 (in addition to the unique sentimental value to FSN readers, especially the original Illya fans, of course).

Dex-chan lover
Also the more loosely defined something is, the more easily it's broken. It's relatively easy to forget Illya was here, harder to forget all the times they've met Illya, and even harder to accept the reality that she never existed. Some or all of this paradigm can also exist simultaneously. There's plenty of examples in Nasuverse, but one of the most accessible examples is in FGO, how Singularities (distortions in the timeline) take time to decay and revert back to normal, sometimes in parts. That wooly situation makes it possible for Miyu to cherry-pick favorable elements of that reality.

Sapphire and the rest are unlikely to disappear. She's warping her own reality, while the rest of them are trying to acknowledge Illya existed. Due to the same principle, it's unlikely she can change their reality just through her own acknowledgement. It's a bit of a cheat considering Miyu is using her at the same time, but the fact that Sapphire is a sentient stick helps here.
Add a note that Miyuverse is officially mentioned by Darius as Lostbelt born from early human history singularity "what if Pandora never open the box". I guess the rank is around Rank A or maybe Rank A- Lostbelt since the pruning is done during the genesis era.

Illya tries to correct Miyuverse Lostbelt world by "restarting the save game" branch before Darius win and create new Singularity by sacrificing her existence. This is where Miyu realize that Illya is passing the baton to her and exploit the alternate fact of "If Illya didn't exists" and win the fight by nurturing this branch as main branch of her Lostbelt.

By doing so, I wonder how Hiroyama Hiroshi will write about how to return Illya back to reality without exploiting Deus Ex Machina like Nasu always did to write how people can defeat ultimate being, TYPE.

Dex-chan lover
There's so many things I'm confused yet
Like, I understand but still need to be straightened up.

1. How can her divine power isn't used up? Doesn't she use her power to wish to be Shirou real little sister?

2. How does her logic makes up of not meeting Illya and never went to paralel world, but she have Sapphire, meet Rin and Luvia from another world, etc?

I know you shouldn't question anime logic, but just in case there someone who can explain it more plainly so that I can understand...
DISCLAIMER :
This might be wrong assumption because this is not official and the story still continue, also mostly this is from my speculation after connecting this with Fate universe especially FGO since this series concept is borrowed by FGO. In other words, this is my prediction as the answer.

Before answering this 2 questions, I need to remind what happen in Miyuverse, with 3 sentences :

Miyuverse is Rank A Lostbelt world timeline, the timeline tree which is pruned from Proper Human History time tree and grown in its own main branch.

Illya find the solution to fix this Lostbelt by making a Singularity like Goetia did, to "corrupt" this Lostbelt and (I guess) fix Miyuverse world become the new tree without Darius existence, with the evidence the brightest star above the hole for the Singularity event.

To execute her solution, Illya must connecting herself to the root to become Counter Force and "disappear" to use or maybe to become The True Magic just to grow a new tree from the root akin to rhizome or such and copying the shape, but Darius corruption still chasing Illya's new "tree sprout".

Since Illya is now connected to the root of Miyuverse tree and become Counter Force since the genesis era or maybe she uses The True Magic, she can alter the history INCLUDING the fact that Miyu is Shiro's real sister. SO Miyu's power should be not used up. How ? Did you realize that the reality where the one who struck Emiya's Origin Bullet to Darius is altered ? That's how it is.

But why the event is still there ? Darius already backup his existence within Pithos, and he is the cancer of Miyuverse that already metastasis in every timeline of the world. So Illya cannot fix it until 2 conditions met :
  1. Pandora open the box
  2. Darius is dead and removed like killing entire cancer cell

First to tell. The logic of Nasuverse timeline is akin to the tree, imo (although official analogy is a scroll). The Singularity is akin to the tree parasite that drill a hole into the tree and might engulf entire Pan Human History timeline tree into different tree. The Lostbelt is a pruned branch after it is calculated and predicted to be dead in the future because the branch is grown in the wrong direction of the sun, so the Counter Force cut that branch before affecting the other branch of PHH but that branch is keep growing into another tree self separated from PHH tree.

That's why there is thorn in this manga story and in Shimosa story, also the world boss in the 1st arc of FGO looks like a thorn as symbolism of Singularity. But instead tree as the symbolism in Lostbelt arc including tree branch when Darius stab Miyu to generate "story branch". I wasn't realized that Miyu's world is Lostbelt until Darius say it himself.
Back to the topic, since timeline is like a tree, and Illya's Singularity cannot affecting too much as you can see where Illya in fairy form can disappear for 100 years, means she doesn't have almighty power, that's because the event where Darius still corrupting the Miyuverse and the fact that Pithos cannot be opened are unavoidable event since Darius already store his existence into Imaginary Number storage space called Pithos and his existence is always connected to Pandora, so the corruption still continue in all Miyuverse tree timeline. He can do that because his element is Imaginary Number like Sakura. Thus, to combat this, the event where Miyu moves to PHH and bring the gang to Miyuverse is deemed necessary and preserved with some alteration like Miyu is already Shiro's sister from the start, Beatrice's Magni card is purified from Berserker into Rider, girls in Emiya residence are survived, Shiro seal Sakura into the mud of Imaginary Number.

But, since Illya's existence is the price to create the Illya Singularity, everyone doesn't know her existence. She is like a single cell that travels to the root and becomes the seed for the new three rhizomes from the root of that world tree and Illya stays at the root of timeline since there cannot be 2 same character "cell" existences exist in the same timeline flow.
Those who can know Illya's existence are those who has connection to the root like Shiki Ryogi, those who live before Pandora (including Gods) and that's where Beatrice can know it from Gullfaxi, or able to read entire world history like Gil's Sha Naqba Imuru or anyone with Clairvoyance EX Rank.

So when everyone realize that Illya exists and come back to remember because the previous timeline and current timeline are clones, and Illya is like ghost piece of puzzle, it exists in the scenario but doesn't exists in shape of reality, plus the fact that Miyu has smart brain, she conclude that following the flow of the scenario fact that Illya doesn't exists is the key to the victory.

In conclusion, I think this crisis will only stop after Darius is dead and Pithos is either destroyed or opened in some ways. The grand outcome after Darius is dead might be either those 3 :
  1. Miyuverse Lostbelt still solely exists as Lostbelt but it will not affecting and trying to engulf PHH timeline tree unlike Lostbelts in FGO. But in this case, Miyu must stay in her own world and they will partway forever. If Pandora Box is destroyed, this is the only logical outcome ending. If she open the box, this can be happen but able to access the 2nd ending.
  2. Pandora will later open the box, Miyuverse lostbelt branch born from Illya will be absorbed and merge with PHH tree as their own alternate world branch because the event is now compatible, and become part of PHH. Akin to grafting or inosculation phenomenon.
  3. Since Darius is gone, Illya can remake the world again without Darius intervention. She will remake the history again, but the ending will be either number 1 or number 2.
But then any way, how will the author explain about how to return Illya back to the gang without weak plot armor ?

okay, time to back to sleep.

Dex-chan lover
DISCLAIMER :
This might be wrong assumption because this is not official and the story still continue, also mostly this is from my speculation after connecting this with Fate universe especially FGO since this series concept is borrowed by FGO. In other words, this is my prediction as the answer.

Before answering this 2 questions, I need to remind what happen in Miyuverse, with 3 sentences :

Miyuverse is Rank A Lostbelt world timeline, the timeline tree which is pruned from Proper Human History time tree and grown in its own main branch.

Illya find the solution to fix this Lostbelt by making a Singularity like Goetia did, to "corrupt" this Lostbelt and (I guess) fix Miyuverse world become the new tree without Darius existence, with the evidence the brightest star above the hole for the Singularity event.

To execute her solution, Illya must connecting herself to the root to become Counter Force and "disappear" to use or maybe to become The True Magic just to grow a new tree from the root akin to rhizome or such and copying the shape, but Darius corruption still chasing Illya's new "tree sprout".

Since Illya is now connected to the root of Miyuverse tree and become Counter Force since the genesis era or maybe she uses The True Magic, she can alter the history INCLUDING the fact that Miyu is Shiro's real sister. SO Miyu's power should be not used up. How ? Did you realize that the reality where the one who struck Emiya's Origin Bullet to Darius is altered ? That's how it is.

But why the event is still there ? Darius already backup his existence within Pithos, and he is the cancer of Miyuverse that already metastasis in every timeline of the world. So Illya cannot fix it until 2 conditions met :
  1. Pandora open the box
  2. Darius is dead and removed like killing entire cancer cell

First to tell. The logic of Nasuverse timeline is akin to the tree, imo (although official analogy is a scroll). The Singularity is akin to the tree parasite that drill a hole into the tree and might engulf entire Pan Human History timeline tree into different tree. The Lostbelt is a pruned branch after it is calculated and predicted to be dead in the future because the branch is grown in the wrong direction of the sun, so the Counter Force cut that branch before affecting the other branch of PHH but that branch is keep growing into another tree self separated from PHH tree.

That's why there is thorn in this manga story and in Shimosa story, also the world boss in the 1st arc of FGO looks like a thorn as symbolism of Singularity. But instead tree as the symbolism in Lostbelt arc including tree branch when Darius stab Miyu to generate "story branch". I wasn't realized that Miyu's world is Lostbelt until Darius say it himself.
Back to the topic, since timeline is like a tree, and Illya's Singularity cannot affecting too much as you can see where Illya in fairy form can disappear for 100 years, means she doesn't have almighty power, that's because the event where Darius still corrupting the Miyuverse and the fact that Pithos cannot be opened are unavoidable event since Darius already store his existence into Imaginary Number storage space called Pithos and his existence is always connected to Pandora, so the corruption still continue in all Miyuverse tree timeline. He can do that because his element is Imaginary Number like Sakura. Thus, to combat this, the event where Miyu moves to PHH and bring the gang to Miyuverse is deemed necessary and preserved with some alteration like Miyu is already Shiro's sister from the start, Beatrice's Magni card is purified from Berserker into Rider, girls in Emiya residence are survived, Shiro seal Sakura into the mud of Imaginary Number.

But, since Illya's existence is the price to create the Illya Singularity, everyone doesn't know her existence. She is like a single cell that travels to the root and becomes the seed for the new three rhizomes from the root of that world tree and Illya stays at the root of timeline since there cannot be 2 same character "cell" existences exist in the same timeline flow.
Those who can know Illya's existence are those who has connection to the root like Shiki Ryogi, those who live before Pandora (including Gods) and that's where Beatrice can know it from Gullfaxi, or able to read entire world history like Gil's Sha Naqba Imuru or anyone with Clairvoyance EX Rank.

So when everyone realize that Illya exists and come back to remember because the previous timeline and current timeline are clones, and Illya is like ghost piece of puzzle, it exists in the scenario but doesn't exists in shape of reality, plus the fact that Miyu has smart brain, she conclude that following the flow of the scenario fact that Illya doesn't exists is the key to the victory.

In conclusion, I think this crisis will only stop after Darius is dead and Pithos is either destroyed or opened in some ways. The grand outcome after Darius is dead might be either those 3 :
  1. Miyuverse Lostbelt still solely exists as Lostbelt but it will not affecting and trying to engulf PHH timeline tree unlike Lostbelts in FGO. But in this case, Miyu must stay in her own world and they will partway forever. If Pandora Box is destroyed, this is the only logical outcome ending. If she open the box, this can be happen but able to access the 2nd ending.
  2. Pandora will later open the box, Miyuverse lostbelt branch born from Illya will be absorbed and merge with PHH tree as their own alternate world branch because the event is now compatible, and become part of PHH. Akin to grafting or inosculation phenomenon.
  3. Since Darius is gone, Illya can remake the world again without Darius intervention. She will remake the history again, but the ending will be either number 1 or number 2.
But then any way, how will the author explain about how to return Illya back to the gang without weak plot armor ?

okay, time to back to sleep.

Yeah, this is mostly it, being the complicated, then the extra complicated explanation.

The only thing I would add is the reminder that the analogy for for the worldline is a scroll because human history (and all other history) exist as a continuous 'texture'. If it makes it easier to understand, then rather than it being a tree from which many branches sprout, it is actually a scroll upon which a tree is drawn.

All of what you mention is correct as far as I know, but an additional factor is that since it is "drawn" upon the scroll, what was done was more like a rewriting, than grafting or a reduction to the ROOT. Why is that significant? Because it goes back to what I said about things being on a sliding scale. Some of their perception is not just coming back from a recognition of a logical scenario in which Illya used to exist, but also from the original 'texture' which was present that had been overwritten.

I would actually argue that both analogies are somewhat incomplete. As the ROOT and description of it implies, all of existence in nasu's timelines work more like a program and recorded data. The ROOT therefore has the same meaning as the root in computer science, and is where the 'source code' lies. As one timeline is overwritten or modified, this is akin to the same operation on a data storage device. But just like the ones in real life, data is never truly destroyed unless it is completely overwritten, and sometimes it has to be overwritten multiple times else it will still exist. Well, that or degaussing the storage would do it.

Imaginary number space therefore also fits into this analogy as something akin to quantum mechanical memory. It is not directly observable and consists of all possibilities, as it's state is determined by probability rather than absolute values, and is inimical to "real numbers" space. Actually, more specifically it is likely that both real and imaginary number space is something like collectively the memory of a quantum computer, with the imaginary "reverse side" being all the possibilities that the real side isn't, and consequently also 'nothing', from a quantum computer's perspective. As a result, imaginary number space is likely the medium through which this 'bleeding' effect between different versions of the world passes through. Actual data can be stored in it as well, like in the case of the Pithos.

As an aside, Mooncell of Extra-verses works exactly like this, which is why it's capable of acting as a physical mirror of the worldline framework.

Users who are viewing this thread