Fight Class 3 - Ch. 79 - Round 79: Backlight

Fed-Kun's army
wow it's getting heavier now. her brother!!?? oh no. oh crap i keep scrolling and i just realised this is several releases put together because the titles were all ch 79.1 ch 79.5 etc etc Big Chapter in every sense. aw it's not fair. the other kids live like kids and then these guys are carrying all this...

what a HUGE chapter. The contrast to the start of the series is beautiful. First you have Jiu jitae being new to the fight class and everyone taking it "seriously", but at the end of the day they are still kids. They all have their lives, their romances and things they want to do in their offtime. They all looked down on him because he didnt belong there. Now you see him putting in constant work. Fighting for his life white his fellows students that are enjoying themselves. All this time they are enjoying themselves, because they are just high schoolers at the end of the day, jiu jitae has been down and dirty in the gutter working his way up.

Ok... First of all, this chapter was AMAZING! I got chills from start to finish!
Second, I really loved Young-Woong's flashback. It gave a lot more contexts to what was previously shown to us in chapters 35-36. What a messed up individual he was... But I would be lying if I said I don't appreciate him as a character. It's really crazy how all these tragic stories intertwine with one another.

Also, can we talk about Maria's flashback? That person with the scar she was supposed to fight... Given her expression, after he revealed himself, it has to be a relative of hers.
53-bf52f51706862799793aec52b6f1d9db093437574d3c221778dffc4365a5d01f.png

He looks oddly similar to her and has burn scars. Maria's relatives and friends were killed in the fire caused by Jitae's father. so maybe, just maybe, he took some of her father's disciples with him and the school had them go through with the same procedure as Young-woong.

Now, the doctor performing the surgery called Young-woong a "failure" so it seems he got experimented on
in contrast to the regular Fight Class 3 students. Young-woong didn't earn a spot in Fight Class 3 so my guess is that he was sent to that doctor as a test subject.
unknown.png

Also, I'm really intrigued about the connections between the school and some of The Tunnel's factions.
unknown.png

Props to the scan group for their tremendous work on this release. Can't wait to see where the story goes after this chapter.

Bless this fucking author for all these pages. And bless you scanlators for translating all of these pages.

So, I guess we know now what was taking this chapter so long, and it was well worth the wait.

That said, WHAT THE SHIT?!?!? I didn't think much of that sewer-dwelling behemoth from the previous chapter's climax, but then to find out it was Young-Woong, and that he was practically lobotomized... Like it wasn't enough that he was dismantled by Maria. I didn't care much for the guy, but he deserved better.

This chapter was hauntingly beautiful. The contrast of the Fight Class kids having fun peppered throughout one of the goriest battles in the series, the budding romance between Gi Ba-Ram and Strawhat Tae-Young, the startling revelation that Maria is, in fact, human, complete with breakable bones, and... pet fireflies? It was all so great.

I wonder if this long chapter is the beginning of a new monthly format.

@Garth2th2ndPower No the chapters was actually released in multiple parts all broken down as in " Chapter 79-part 1" etc, in fact its not the first one most of them are broken down in that manners. The TL team just prefer releasing them all in one which make more sense. That is to say this one was the longest of that sort so far if i'm not mistaken.

Dex-chan lover
Holy fucking shit, what a fucking 145 page ride. There is just... so... so much to comment on, I don't think I could cover it if I had all day.
The first major character death, Ji-tae finally pulling of the flying armbar in the most pressing time, Young-woon's concluded backstory and philosophy, Maria's Fight Class 3 experience, and the incredible two page spread of Rage vs Fear, symbolised only by a ship in an endless ocean with terrible monstrosities lying beneath the surface.

What got me the most though, was the back-and-forth between the daily lives of the other Fight Class students, as peaceful and romantic and full of youth as can be, and the fight between Ji-tae and Young-woon, a literal life-or-death situation. For all the romance that was thrown around in Tae-young and friends' lives, the only kiss that happened was the kiss of life Maria gave Ji-tae.

Thank you translators for your incredible work.

Dex-chan lover
I thought things were turning dark... then it got even darker.
Beautifully written too. The contrast between these 2 fighting in the gutter of society and the clueless students having fun at the beach innocently...

@udomsa33 yeah so true, that contrast made it so much darker.

I wonder if those two are ever able to get closer to the bright side of life again. ಠ︵ಠ

Enc

I honestly can't follow the logic of this manga.
The story itself is nicely written but it went from lighthearted training montage to heroic defender of justice to just psychologically fucked up kid who beats anyone and everyone half to death for fun way too quickly and it seems the author just wants to keep pushing the gore as much as they can. It doesn't serves the story.
But that's just me.

Fucking amazing chapter. The contrast of his friends having a beach filler episode while he is fighting for his life in the sewers. Trying to not shake, trying to keep it together.
I never expected something like when I first read this series. He is acting exactly like Maria did, before the start of the series, before she was ''tamed''.
I know that shaking fear when in a fight, can't get rid of it, unless anger comes. Exactly right, so damn on point.

Users who are viewing this thread