Fight Class 3 - Ch. 84 - Round 84: Contempt for the Weak

@DarkLordAlfie Who knows? It still boggles my mind how sharp a turn this story took.

As a writer, I think the author lost control of his story and he's been free-falling ever since. I know because I've made the same mistake once upon a time because of improper planning. Perhaps the decision to suddenly turn the MC into a murderous psychopath was intended, but the execution was way too rushed in my opinion. The abrupt tone change and the radical shift in the story's narrative is also a major tell that the author's lost the handle on the story.

Multiple major narrative threads have seemingly been dropped and now we've got an underground fighting plot to take center stage? How 'bout you finish the plot threads you started at the beginning of the story first before you jump the shark and start a new tournament and suddenly max out the MC's physique and fighting skills (which was supposed to be a gradual process that he was going to have to earn) eh?

Double-page supporter
im hoping this can be turned around with a damn strong flashback arc but im honestly doubting anything will be explained anymore.. still fun as shit to watch this psycho go fuckin hard on randos but not the fight class 3 i loved

Supporter
Fuckin amazing. Personally I like the sudden change in MC, this keeps this manga fresh and not clichéd.

Dex-chan lover
@Lotus00 @Mother_Mushroom high fives to you guys. So few people ever seem to actually notice what went wrong with this story and every time it comes up I have to explain to people why it's important to actually see these kinda character shifts, instead of just time skipping to when they're suddenly crazy.

Bro needs some one punch some damn humanity back into him. This shit is crazy and honestly really depressing seeing the MC fall into madness like this.

@lotus00
it's funny how i think everything you've said is wrong.
there is basically no change to the story :it was alway dark, from the start!
the comedy of this chapter made me lol'd,just like in the firsts chapters. the tone of the story didn't change, only our mc did. dunno if it going downhill or not, but it's impossible to tell now, because to me it still look like the author has full control over the story.

Aggregator gang
this man's so gone right now....And all these irreversible scars :(

@Lotus00

The current state of things could be the result of the authors response to criticism. Before, the mcs role was almost non existent and he was kinda passive.

Right now the focus is solely on the mc and oh boy is he moving things forward. It is fun to watch but the whole aimless mayhem will surely get boring if he remains this way.

Im also not entirely sure what caused the mc to go mad. It does feel like a part of the story is missing.

just wanna repeat what @Mother_Mushroom said and wish we get to have a flashbacks so our boy Uranus doesn't look like an overdramatic pussy over a broken nose lol
(possibly flashbacks alongside the ongoing story similar to chapter 83)

Another amazing chapter. Thanks to the scanlation team for the translation.

Here are some cool parallels and callbacks I noticed:

x23.png

4-a23a9b43682cca4894aec13ae32edae29b9579f9bdc9b980afe55faf10b5bd2d.png

PJg68S2.png

9g2PvF0.png

JV2nISY.png

MWgAMia.png

zTKR1Yx.png

O6sfe36.png

kHrfLtK.png

WqZpRSx.png

Users who are viewing this thread