From Leveling Up the Hero to Leveling Up a Nation

Gao

So I've been reading the novel. I got to say, in my opinion it's well written so far.

Major spoilers
MC becomes lord of the land and gets a hot secretary. Since he can give people experience boosts he starts training different types of classes of people. MC Isn't overpowered himself so far but can make others way stronger in a short amount of time. Hero starts regretting letting the MC go (He lets him go in the first place because higher rankings require more dangerous jobs and he didn't want MC to be in any danger it seems) Apparently MC thought Tiana (Girl with glasses) was going out with the Hero but isn't as she still didn't accept the Hero's proposal to start dating. MC was dating Tiana before the story started but they broke up because MC knew the hero had feelings for Tiana (But... why?) Even though Tiana has feelings for MC and gets mad that everything he talks about with her is the Hero.

It's a good read imo and each chapter isn't too long. The only complaint I have is the love interest drama. I hate quadrillion shape love angles.

Chapters 1-5
https://disq.us/url?url=https%3A%2F%2Fyurikatrans.xyz%2Ffief-strengthening%2F1060%2F%3A9nUgB2iIXnwu7GZE-M8cFEH14Iw&cuid=5971344

Chapters 6+
https://foxaholic.com/novel/i-was-dismissed-from-the-heros-party-because-they-dont-need-my-training-skill-so-i-strengthen-my-%e3%80%90fief%e3%80%91which-i-got-as-a-replacement-for-my-retirement-money/

@knightoforder17 It’s because there are so many light novels out there, the authors need a way to more easily get a prospective readers’ attention, so they kinda have to make their titles like they’re the blurb on the back of the book if they want people to buy their stuff

But nonetheless Interesting Startup, Im a wholesome guy, and i appreciate this actually being a reasonable reason he's being dismissed. I recommend if your looking for something to pass your time, and who knows, you might get engaged.

There's no reason to dislike this, but... I think the fact that they're telling him his dreams are dead, that he has to leave the party, but it's all amicable leaves no outlet for the frustration to go. This is WAY more devastating than somebody getting betrayed, for me at least... I don't know, I guess it left me feeling something akin to existential dread? Frustration? Depression? Not like, overwhelmingly so, but it was good enough for me to become emotionally invested only for it to smack me in the face with a situation that can literally never be fixed. That fucking sucks...

But that doesn't make it bad... It might actually make it super good. Not many stories do that.

Dex-chan lover
Another kick out MC of party manga. We really need a "kick out" tag, don't we?

@Gao
I think the reason mc broke up with Tiana was because he thought he was holding her back, obviously, he didn't say it like that. You could say he wronged her real bad because she still loves him and wanted to leave with him.
Apparently.
Not sure if he deserves the chance after selfishly deciding by himself where her happiness lies, but I hope she tries talking with our idiot mc. Assuming this is all true.

I wish I have MC's power.
Kicking someone or group of people upstairs with yourself tied to them would be a great or worst way to live.
Make that as you will.

Users who are viewing this thread