Fukakai na Boku no Subete o

@Caretaker
Theres only three sexuality's
Straight
Gay
Bisexual

No, only being attracted to people you know very well is not a sexuality, thats just someone trying to make themselves feel special/seeking attention

You're all making my day start with a laugh, thank you.

And clearly you are the examples of ignorance that I pointed out. There's so many exceptions and tested cases (including biological aspect of it, like intersexed and low-sexual people) that really, using only few labels is pure ignorance.

Reality laughs at you, if you simply work a little in the field - and the psycological/social aspect of it is a part that matters, that is the foundation to talk about it in a decent way.

God, this comment section.....
@ Maiorem
Now I'm curious as to why Mogu wants to deny being a boy in spite of being biologically male.
Obviously, because their gender identity is not male. As for why that is....well, scientists still try to figure that out. But there is one thing I can say: You can`t rationalize it. It`s like someone trying to answer why they like sweet/spicy/sour/etc. things. You just can`t put it into words.
It's not as complicated as some make it out to be. It is only complicated by those who are desperate to deny the biological aspect of it, as though gender is 100% a social construct.

Wait, do you mean "gender" as in "gender (cultural/psychological term)<-> sex (biological term)" or the general term "gender"? Guys, can we stick to the first meaning when we talk about "gender"? Otherwise it will just get confusing.
Either way, I don`t deny that either of those doesn`t have biological aspects (actually, anything psychological has biological aspects to it), but having biological aspects doesn`t make neither sexuality, nor gender, nor sex any less complex. On the contrary.

I'm wondering what Mogu is wanting to escape from, whether it is social expectations, their personal understanding or misunderstanding of what it means to be a boy, etc.

They don`t want to escape from anything. The only one who is trying to escape here is Mr. Randomizer. He`s trying to escape from the facts.

About your theory: Because I`m a Transwoman, I can tell you that your theory doesn`t hold up. As a child I hated girl toys and I loved boy toys. Even now, I still continue liking things that are considered "boyish". So liking certain things or behaving in a certain way can`t be the cause of me identifying myself as female. When I think back, my gender dysphoria started with me wanting to have female body features like breasts, a high-pitched voice or a vulva. The social aspects came later.
Also, you say that transgender people start liking girlish/boyish things and based on that, they form a gender identity. For me it was the other way round: I started liking girlish things because I identified as a female.

This manga is gonna be a ride for me. Not because it is super touching or cathartic and I can relate to what's being depicted, but because as a cis male hetero guy there's literally nothing I can relate to here and yet I desperately want to understand and emphasize with those characters, because more than once I've read people talking about how this manga is a good and sensible representation of a multiplicity of gender identities and sexualities.

Truth is I don't have many opportunities to interact with LGBT people in real life so I'm glad I can at least come close to that through my hobby to try and learn something and hopefully when I become a teacher I'll be able to help and support my students free of prejudice.

That said, I accept any recommendations of manga similar to this. Thank you.

This is a subpar story that relies exclusively on it's LGBT+ elements to carry the plot. You still might enjoy reading this if you feel like you can identify with one of these character's positions.

Fun fact-back in the old days when mods didn't ban trolling this comment section was hilariously.

Ehhhh it's not trash I guess TC is cute, but unironcly is a pretty bad charcter. Why is it most things are 1/10 or 10/10 for me?

1/10

Edit- Why do all of you have anime profiles? Be original

@Excaseusfortis:

It's a slice-of-life with LGBT+ protagonist, and it's exactly what it wants to be. It's good in this. If you seek other things, it's not the manga for *you*.

Double-page supporter
i am not against trap, but i hate the bs "i am a girl trapped inside boy's body", just accept you're a hetero boy and like crossdress/cute things, why this is so hard...

@MechaData Well... the original Kimi Dake no Ponytail is yaoi, to begin with.

[ Answer Me Internet-Senpai ]
Is it because I keep reading trap manga that I want to crossdress so much? Or is it because I want to crossdress so much that I keep reading trap manga?

@onionskins
i am not against trap, but i hate the bs "i am a girl trapped inside boy's body", just accept you're a hetero boy and like crossdress/cute things, why this is so hard...

The only BS here is the one you`re spouting. Never heard of Transsexuals before? They are NOT just crossdressing. They are transitioning to become women even physically. Why is it so hard for people to accept Transwomen as women?

Dex-chan lover
@Zeythra
Why is it so hard for people to accept Transwomen as women?
Because they literally aren't. No matter how much makeup they put on, no matter how much appalling surgery they get, and no matter what penalties are imposed for calling them men. A eunuch in a dress is not a woman.
The whole thing doesn't even make sense anyway. What does "a girl in a boy's body" even mean? That's just a boy. The differences in male and female psychology are general trends, not absolute rules, and your feelings being an outlier doesn't somehow overrule hard biological fact. And it can't be a matter of the feeling of not belonging in the physical body either; there are people who feel the same way about arms, legs, and eyes as transsexual men do about their penis, and everyone with sense agrees that the ideal treatment for those cases is not just "cut off the arm", but to address the feeling instead.

And this isn't "transphobia", for the record, which is the typical way disagreement gets shut down; it's nothing about hate or fear or advocating harm.

@ anon763
Claims, claims, claims....That`s all people like you have. Look at your own text
Because they literally aren't. No matter how much makeup they put on, no matter how much appalling surgery they get, and no matter what penalties are imposed for calling them men. A eunuch in a dress is not a woman.
The whole thing doesn't even make sense anyway. What does "a girl in a boy's body" even mean? That's just a boy.
Do you have any proof for this? No you don`t. But I have proof. Pretty much every science, Human Sciences (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociology_of_gender), Psychology (https://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/transgender) and even biology (https://www.who.int/gender-equity-rights/understanding/gender-definition/en/) acknowledge the gender-sex dualism as a fact. You can`t just brush gender aside.

And I can`t change my sex? What nonsense is that? I`m taking hormones since 2 years. My hormonal status is that of a woman. I also developed secondary sex characteristics. What? Are those not biological facts? And in the near future, I will have my Sex reassignment surgery and become almost completely a woman (the one thing I can`t change are my genes, but who cares). And no, I won`t be an "eunuch" after that. An eunuch is someone without any sex organ. Sure, with this artificial vagina I won`t be able to reproduce. But here`s a little fact for ya: There are a lot of infertile women or women with dysfunctional vaginas and people still count them as women.

Btw, ever heard about Complete androgen insensitivity syndrome? It describes a phenomenon, where a person with XY-chromosomes has a female body. The only difference is that they have testes instead of ovaries and that they don`t have an uterus, which means that they can`t have children. Still, they are seen as women. Hmmmm....
- XY-genes
- can`t bear children
- no uterus
- testes instead of ovaries
Sounds like a Transsexual after surgery to me. Isn`t it extremely unscientific and pretentious to exclude people from a term because you have certain criteria but don`t do it with others even thogh they also don`t fall under these criteria? But no, there is definitely no BS transphobic agenda going on. Not at all~.

The differences in male and female psychology are general trends, not absolute rules
So, what? That doesn`t weaken the factuality of gender. It is a social construct, but so are states, laws, social norms, etc. and no one would dare denying those. In fact, the very thing we are discussing right now is a linguistic issue. And language isn`t determined by absolute rules either.
and your feelings being an outlier doesn't somehow overrule hard biological fact. And it can't be a matter of the feeling of not belonging in the physical body either
It isn`t simply a feeling. It is gender identity. And your "biological fact" doesn`t overrule gender identity either.
there are people who feel the same way about arms, legs, and eyes as transsexual men do about their penis, and everyone with sense agrees that the ideal treatment for those cases is not just "cut off the arm", but to address the feeling instead.

"everyone with sense", aha....didn`t know that YOU can decide who has sense and who hasn`t. I disagree. It`s their body. They can do whatever they want with it.

And this isn't "transphobia", for the record, which is the typical way disagreement gets shut down; it's nothing about hate or fear or advocating harm.
Is that so? Hmmm, some people beg to differ.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transphobia#Misgendering_and_exclusion
Well, you are advocating harm. Misgendering is actually a very harmful attitude towards transsexuals. And from your general attitude and "argumentation" I can clearly tell that you are more interested in your own opinion then you are in scientific facts or the well-being of transsexuals.

In the end, it`s not transsexuals who deny facts. It`s people like you. You have a biologistic world view and ignore everything that goes beyond biology.That has nothing to do with a scientific attitude. I know I have XY-genes and I know I will never be able to bear children. But I can still change my anatomical sex and I have my female gender identity. And people acknowledge that. Both my psychiatrist and my endocrinologist call me "Miss". Hmmm....So almost the entire scientific world including my doctors agree with me, while you are some dude from the internet without any visible expertise who just claims stuff. Who`s in denial again?

@ anon763
PS.: A thing that just came to my mind: You DO realize that feelings are actually facts, right? They are mental states and therefore existent in our universe. Furthermore, they are empirically measurable (whether through neurological or psychological research). So why are you dismissing feelings as non-factual?

Contributor
@anon763:

While I get where you're coming from, the fact of the matter is it's easier to get society to accept a biological/psychological gender split (and introduce "other" and "in-between" genders) than it is to get society to stop being deeply and inextricably sexist.

I mean, take how incapable society is already incapable of fathoming that not everyone is biologically binarily a guy or a girl in the first place. Say that someone has an XXY genome: We say that they're "men with Klinefelter syndrome," and there's good reason for classifying it that way if you have to pick one or the other. But really it would be more appropriate from a strictly logical standpoint to mark them as "other". Pretty much all the emotional and illogical reasons that we've historically felt it's important to assign one gender or another to such people even once we understood what was going on, are the same emotional and illogical reasons why it's important to let people arbitrarily choose their own gender.

Put differently: There's already been a difference between what people are now calling "sex" vs. "gender"; one is a biological fact and the other is an idea (which is slightly more fundamental in our minds than the whole pink-vs-blue stuff, although that's certainly a big part of why it matters to people in practice). It's only rare edge-cases where the distinction is strictly logically necessary; the question our societies are now facing is how we feel about letting people decide the non-biological side of the concept, for themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread