Fukakai na Boku no Subete o

@greatninja3
SO is it a boy or a girl ?

Why not both?

@ilijimae3
what I don't understand is why this manga doesn't have a yaoi tag

Cuz there's no s** and l00d involved yet. At least not for now. Also, the series isn't mainly about boy-loving-boy, it more complex than that and Mogumo isn't identified as a male yet.

Group Leader
Now I'm curious as to why Mogu wants to deny being a boy in spite of being biologically male.

Dex-chan lover
We sometimes have a plot that goes nowhere, and then this, a plot that goes everywhere.
I like this.

Double-page supporter
This is stupid unhealthy manga teaching people stupid unhealthy lessons.
If you don't like idea of gender being assigned to you, then stop thinking about yourself in terms of it at all.
For heck's sake, what does it even mean "being female on the inside"? Are you insane? Human mind has no gender, it's an attribute of body.
"I want to be called a general, since I was always fascinated with military. If you don't call me that, I'll feel offended, cry and run away"

Why do people have to blow out huge dramas about having a meat sausage attach to them? Aren't they just god damn narcissists simply consumed with how they look? I don't see any other reason why.

Try to prove what I've said to be wrong.

Double-page supporter
Also, @stargazer please learn how to express your key thoughts in a straight-forward manner. My eyes are in agony after trying to read even half of your post with poorly separated text.

Group Leader
I have a theory. Basically, society has assigned "gender" to certain traits or feelings, such as girls liking cute things, or boys being more aggressive, so when people say they feel like a particular gender, what they're actually saying is that they identify with traits or feelings that society has assigned to that particular gender; thus, if a biological male likes cute things and loves dresses, they might say that they identify as female. This would, however, be regressive in terms of social development, since for the past few decades, even going beyond the first wave of feminism, we have been trying to remove the idea of gender roles, so it would be saying that it is perfectly fine if a girl is as aggressive as would be expected of a boy, or if a boy loves cute things without having to identify as a girl. Essentially, this would be an affirmation of traditional gender roles, if that makes sense.

@Randomizer
I'm wondering what Mogu is wanting to escape from, whether it is social expectations, their personal understanding or misunderstanding of what it means to be a boy, etc.

Double-page supporter
@Maiorem
He's just escaping from reality and everyone supports him in that.
He needs to learn acceptance. All the problems he is having are all in his head.

Fed-Kun's army
@Randomizer
I never see it with my own eyes but, I heard child with gender dysphoria can be as acute as disgusted by their own body.
While I'm agree they should at the least tolerate how people see them, with all the shits that they may go through all their life, it would be nice if people take a hint on that and be considerate.

Double-page supporter
@421cookies
Yeah, and I am also disgusted with the fact that my brain is a meaty mush and my human body constantly excretes various kinds of fluids. But I don't go around telling people that I am a superbeing from parallel universe, who has a perfect body. I just accept what I have as it is and move on.
This manga, on the other hand, is about people who cannot accept simple truth about what they are. If anything, that's an illness that should be treated, not embraced.

Fed-Kun's army
@Randomizer
I'm sure I did something like that in my chuunibyou phase lol. It's baseless so even if you go around telling people it will be just a mere joke. While for gender dysphoria, there's a biological study that validate the reason to proof their status.

And it's not like they go all out try telling people what they are in this manga. You can even see Mogumo doesn't want to get in the hassle of explaining what s/he is when the classmates touching on those subjects. Maybe it's just because Mogumo thought s/he finally find place to belong that s/he try hard to let them know what s/he truly is.

Double-page supporter
@421cookies
Still, Mogumo constantly brings everyone's attention to his own brewed-in-special-way hatred towards his own gender when the situation allows, as if it makes him feel special even if hurting him. I did not mean "go around telling people" part in literal way, of course.

What about the study, I'd like to read that. I wonder how unbiased that research is, knowing that psychology by itself is such complex field to work in. Many unknown factors make significant part of experiments described in scientific papers hardly reproducible in practice.

I think the main study right now is about the gray and white matters in brain. No posting links, but searching this on google will bring results:

gender dysphoria brain scans

Not joining the discussion further, because it's tiresome

Only to remember eveyone that gender is a real thing, and that human sexuality is much much more complex than anyone of you can think, and not really contained in 3 or 4 labels.

People that comments here thinking that they know something about it simply makes me laugh.

Group Leader
@Caretaker
It's not as complicated as some make it out to be. It is only complicated by those who are desperate to deny the biological aspect of it, as though gender is 100% a social construct.
https://youtu.be/GY5eOHnQU5A
https://youtu.be/4BSb92OYA0g

Users who are viewing this thread