Fukakai na Boku no Subete o

Banned
@Zeythra

Reported for off topic.

This is a discussion about the manga not about my (obviously) superior intelligence but thanks for pointing that out.

Banned
I find it kinda hilarious that people like you who obviously have Dunning Kruger call transgenders delusional.

And I find it tolly hilarious when someone unironically brings up dunning-kruger and won't consider the possibility that a psychological mechanism behind the phenomenon can also lead to distorted self-perception of positive qualities other than intelligence, like I don't know, personal ethics. That applies as much to the person behind the quoted remark as to this whole comment section.

But that's neither here nor there. What I came here for is to say that....

...the manga's shit, much like that other sporadically updated title centered around the same topic ; read the H-oneshot from the author if you feel an urge to do so, but don't bother with this manure. It's awful, it's a waste of time, and there are better things out there. There are other, more convenient ways to self flagellate in order to earn social prestige points.

@25mg12
And I find it tolly hilarious when someone unironically brings up dunning-kruger and won't consider the possibility that a psychological mechanism behind the phenomenon can also lead to distorted self-perception of positive qualities other than intelligence, like I don't know, personal ethics. That applies as much to the person behind the quoted remark as to this whole comment section.

Oh, sweetheart. Packaging your hollow claims into complicated terms doesn`t make your claims more intelligent or correct. So, your basic "argument" here is "no u". Saying that I am forcing my "personal ethics" onto other people because I am convinced of these notions. But according to you, me and others have no or not enough arguments for these notions and therefore no right to force it onto others. Isn`t that what you`re trying to say? Well, where do I start?
1. NO WAY!? I am forcing a normative concept like ethics onto others? What comes next? The government saying you should follow the law?!
2. This is actually not about "personal ethics", but rather about the term "gender" and how to determine it.
3. As I said, your accusation that I have some sort of DK is pure and utter nonsense.
Here`s how you determine if someone has DK:
1. You look at how convinced the person is of their notions.
2. You assess how justified their conviction is by looking at their arguments.
And now look at my notions:
Am I convinced that I´m right? Hell yeah! Are my notions baseless? Hell no! A few pages ago I wrote half an essay answering this stupid "MtF Transgenders are not `real´ females, cause biological `facts´" shtick that I already heard a Million times ago. And I think I`ve shown pretty clearly that my opponent back then had only either claims or copy&paste arguments that transphobes bring up every time this discussion starts. Are you seriously saying that I´m on the same argumentative level as Mister "You have to accept you`re male because I, the all-knowledgeable guy from the internet tell you so" with his copy&paste phrases that I also heard a Million times ago.

Oh, and I LOVE your "review". You`re repeating yourself saying how awful the manga is, but at no point you`re actually saying why you think that way. Great! This will definitely help other people judging for themselves if they`ll like this manga or not.

Banned
Isn`t that what you`re trying to say?
No, it's not.

Thanks for proving my point. "Honey", heh.

I repeat, this manga is shit. Do yourself a favor, and find something better potential future reader. Don't be like all the lemmings here, depriving themselves of decent (or simply "better") literature in the name of chicness grandstanding emotional investment God knows what, as it is relatively easy to find if you actually have an interest in issues which this atrocity fails to tackle.

@25mg12

No, it's not.
okaaaayyyy....then what are you trying to say?
Thanks for proving my point.
How am I proving your point? You`re just spouting random nonsense.

I repeat, this manga is shit. Do yourself a favor, and find something better potential future reader. Don't be like all the lemmings here, depriving themselves of decent (or simply "better") literature in the name of chicness grandstanding emotional investment God knows what, as it is relatively easy to find if you actually have an interest in issues which this atrocity fails to tackle.
And repeating what you just said isn`t changing the fact that your whole "review" has no substance or reason.
And it`s really great that you insult everyone who disagrees with your baseless criticism by calling them "lemmings, depriving themselves of decent (or simply "better") literature". Didn`t you criticise such a "I`m better than you" attitude?

Banned
@Zeythra

God you're dumb. That's that, sorry for wasting my time.

You can have a celebratory wank or whatever now.

And for the last time, this comic is awful. No amount of reeing and punching up from desperate and insecure who-know-whys will change that. They're not really interested in whatever this shit is failing to address - discussing, deconstructing, or even asking questions is beyond its level - if they were, they'd be reading something more sophisticated and not this garbage, which only real selling points are social and, to some degree, maybe aesthetical in nature.

@25mg12
God you're dumb.

I asked you simple questions and all you can answer is "U dumb". Maybe you don`t understand yourself what you were trying to say.

And for the last time, this comic is awful.

Wow, and you called ME stupid?
I criticised you for
A. repeating over and over how awful you find this manga without giving any reason WHY you think that way.
B. insulting everyone who disagrees with your opinion.
And what do you do in response? Exactly what I criticised you for. Uhm, yeah.............showed me, I guess?

Dex-chan lover
Gonna need to add a yuri tag, soon. 😎

@Becca0618
Cultural indeed. It’s pretty accurate overall. Heavily researched, clearly considering the terminology used (I’ve read most of it in Japanese) and how instructional in tone it gets.
My only real issue is the one character’s androphobia. It makes her orientation look like a defense mechanism.

OK lemme set several things straight (LOL) here:

this manga is not really a cross dressing/shounen ai manga! its a SFW, queer/lgbt+ manga! mangadex really needs to add a tag for that, smh...

while it does take place in a cafe that initially has cross dressing boys as the maids, there are several transgender characters and other queer characters. if youre looking for your pedo/fetish fuel youre going to be very disappointed and offended. how dare things exist that arent meant for your tastes!

mogumo is NONBINARY, not intersex*. you should use they/them pronouns when referring to them**, and avoid gendered language like girl, guy, dude, male/female ect.
the way people in the chapter comments are focusing on mogumos body is really weird n kinda creepy tbh. theres no indication that they are intersex in the manga, just that they are amab.

but im pretty sure its bc a lot of ppl have a messed up veiw on what gender IS, so im gonna walk through some gender theory here. im no teacher, but im transgender/nonbinary, and seeing these simple/deliberate mistakes is tiring, so ill do my best, and hopefully a few people will take it to heart.
(my "political take" is that being trans doesnt require dysphoria and shouldnt be classified as a mental illness/disorder/ect, ftr)

the male/female binary is actually pretty damn whack, chances are someone you know might be intersex and even THEY dont know it. unless internal scans, chromosome, or hormone checks are done (usually with atypical puberty development or when fertility issues pop up, ect) theres know way to know unless theres a clear difference in The Bits and unexpected tertiary characteristics like beard or bust development

so, "male" bodies and "female" bodies arent as clearly defined as weve been taught. what is gender then? ill give you a hint, it has nothing to do with how a persons body is, unaltered or not! *gender is about a sense of self, not what your body is like. even medical transitioning is not what makes a trans person "male" or "female" (or nonbinary), it is simply a tool to make their body a more comfortable home for them. some people separate these things as sex and gender, but defining trans people by sex can just be an underhanded way to misgender them.

also: tr@p and tr@nny are considered slurs by most of the trans community (some of us 'reclaim' terms, and if someone does, that doesnt always mean you can call that particular person those words. ask first)
same with h3rmaphrodite, its considered a slur by the intersex community
please dont use these if you arent trans/intersex and dont want to be a nasty/petty person!

**the translators have all other characters use he/him for mogumo, but its pretty clear this is inaccurate. while i cant read japanese well, others in the chapter comments (c17 i think) have said that all characters simply use their name to refer to them (iir, this is normal in japanese?) mogumo uses 'boku' to refer to theirself, which is typically used by tomboyish/outspoken girls, and young/effeminate boys, at least in manga, in what ive learned when the original writing comes up in fan circles.
mogumo has said repeatedly they arent a boy. they cant stand being thought of as one. they dont use the more masculine 'ore' pronoun, which at least one of their male peers in the comic uses. their use of 'boku' is more in line with the use that girl characters use. its to convey their nonbinary identity, but also to not misgender them as a girl, which they also cant stand being thought of as.
id appreciate it if the translators would use 'they/them' pronouns for mogumo in the future

@stepperman Yes it is cute as long as you don’t mind the fact that almost everyone in isn’t straight or don’t identify as their physical gender. On that note, it does get into the hardships these people have to face because of that so it’s not a sunshine and rainbows.

gays i'm just eating sand and waiting for updates bc i love this manga a little too much bc on god my gay baby hearts needs manga like this

Aggregator gang
Brov, I am just here to see boys dressing cute 😁. That's all I care about, and this manga is fulfilling my desire 😝.
Thumbs%20Up.png

Aggregator gang
@trishp, but that's not the case, most of them ARE boys, but they are dressing up with clothes meant for girls. Out of the main characters, there are only 2 girls and 1 non-binary. The rest are boys, the cafe's owner invited the person with the white hair (I am having a brain fart with the names rn) thinking he/she was a boy that likes to crossdress... So everyone in that cafe, excluding the person with the white hair, is a boy. So most of the main characters are in fact boys...

Dex-chan lover
@Pancakeza The main cast includes: Tetsuo (boy), Suzu (boy), Ten-chan (boy), Mei (girl), Satori (girl), and Mogumo (nb). Later in the series it introduced Kotone (girl), who became a part of the main cast as well. So most of the main characters aren't boys.

Aggregator gang
@dy4y, do I really have to re-read the entire thing to get the names down? Can you give descriptions on each of the characters, my brain can only retain names for a week or so. 🤔 But if I am not wrong there are actually four boys... not three. Three of them cross-dressing while one of them is the owner and introduced Mogumo to the cafe. Of course, I might be wrong with my geometric oriented brain, like I said I suck with names (I really can't express this enough, I am god awful with names 😵 ) so I can't put faces on most of the names you just named. But even then I am wrong in a way as its a 50-50 split or 4:3:1 ratio.

Aggregator gang
@dy4y, But even then, the older brother is tactically apart of said "cast". I really mater on what you think the cast is, or what the main character is. I said main characters but you said cast, both of those things are different things. If we go with "the cast" then the older brother is in with it. If we say main characters then the older brother is in the gray zone and it's really up to the reader to decide if he is important enough to plot. But that said even if we exclude the older brother there are still 4 males, 2-3 girls, and one binary... man this took way to long to explain 😅 (mostly because I can't remeber names (I mean I do have dyslexia so its harder to break down text but even then my ablility to remeber things can only blamed on me)).

Ok, with that out of the way I am going to play some Battlefield 1, cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread