Full Clearing Another World under a Goddess with Zero Believers - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Makoto Takatsuki Wanders Into Another World

Dex-chan lover
So, when exactly did he learn stealth ? I'm assuming that's a skill since he just said it and there you go.

Fed-Kun's army
the group became the very thing they swore to destroy

Is she withholding information about herself and he finds out about it afterwards or is she gonna be upfront about it?

Please correct me again. How the hell those skill MC gained deem "barely have any power" and "useless"?

Dex-chan lover
What an ironic group name, translating one of the most generic isekais ever lmao

Dex-chan lover
@Notesha they skipped a lot of information, but basically his stats are are less than a random villager and his magic skill is a bit worse than a child. Calm mind and rpg are very good skills, but they don't increase his raw value. Also the manga showed him using more magic and not getting injured, he actually cast singular ice needle instead of a few at a time and he gets some scratches.

Dex-chan lover
First of all, the panel after encountering the merchant isn't "Will you accept the quest?" but in fact "Shounin wo tasukemasu ka?"/"Will you save the merchant?" hai/yes, iie/no.

Second of all... I imagined Fuji to be a bit taller and less round when I was reading the raws, tbh.

Fed-Kun's army
@Notesha Alright, so for water magic: beginner, that's pretty self-explanatory. Minor spoiler about water magic
Water magic is the weakest in terms of attack power

For RPG Player, they don't know anything about it and the only information that MC can give them is that it gives him a 360 degrees view, which while useful, doesn't increase his raw attack power.

Finally for clear mind, that helps him stay calm in any situation. Again, useful, but it doesn't increase his attack power in any way. Minor spoiler
There is another skill called calm mind which is a weaker version of clear mind and there's some speculation that the priest mistook the MC's clear mind as calm mind

In addition, the MC's stats are incredibly low. So low, that if there is no water around, he can only cast 1 or 2 spells before completely running out of mana and his other stats are similar to his mana.

@Notesha
Makoto's unique skill is a utility-type. The skill warps Makoto's perception as an RPG-setting with a very fine-tuned anti-status ailement capability. Pairing it up with his shitty stats would be a target for pity and contempt in a dark souls-like isekai. The isekai has like a utilitarian PoV in using skills and there really wasn't any info about the skill aside from the given explanation in his status board. Makoto would have died 10/10 if he didn't met the Goddess and stir him to a mutual-cooperative situation.
@pokperson1000
Somewhere along the lines: The goddess will be open to answer questions/inquiries made my Makoto aside from spoilers and walkthroughs.

Contributor
The light novel definitely devolves into standard isekai trash after a mildly interesting beginning, but I'm gong to read it anyway.

Fed-Kun's army
@Alicia
Nah, Makoto would be still alive without Noah, but it will be more difficult since he is basically playing blindly since Noah is like a walkthrough/guide without spoilers kind of things. I meant he eventually met Fuji-yan after all even if the goddess didn't interfere, he could gain information from him.
@alee76
Don't think so, it still doesn't stray away from the original premise.. unless you've read the further chapters from the current latest translation chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow. They made a manga of this.

.......Hmm. How do I put this...it seems like it's going to be a somewhat lacking adaptation. The web novel I'm reading at the moment is quite good, but here they blitz through a lot of the fine details that made things interesting.

Well, in summary:
1. Makoto here is very, very weak stat-wise. If a normal villager is level 10, then a normal otherworlder starts at level 80 and our MC starts at level 0.
2. He has so little mana that he can only cast one spell before exhausting it too much to cast anything again. The reason he was able to do that big move to clear out the goblins is because he spent a full year grinding up his Water Magic proficiency so that he can manipulate natural water at basically zero cost.
3. He's basically a water bender, which is a skill I think the average person can think of a lot of badass ways to use, but most people don't have proficiency levels as high as Makoto and it's one of the lower rated combat magic elements in general, so this world doesn't realize how useful it is if applied correctly.

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia Thanks for the explanation, I was having trouble reconciling the "he's supposed to be super weak", and "he just took care of those mobs very easily". Too bad they skipped so much, it was very important.

Users who are viewing this thread