Futoku no Guild - Vol. 11 Ch. 63 - Strengthening Event

Dex-chan lover
If there are no official publicly open records, then it would make sense Kikuru doesn't necessarily have any information those anons would find. A fan would have needed to create the records, after all. Since the dude isn't exactly a regular visitor at TV stations, no broadcaster would do it for him, to promote their own programs.

Kikuru himself wants to retire, so as far as he's personally concerned, he ought to be happy he's not more famous. If he's unknown to most, nobody would protest even if he retires and no journalists would come to interview him, asking why he's retiring.

Dex-chan lover
It's an interesting case because the guy himself doesn't really want to foster achievements for himself to make his retirement plan go smoother. So on one hand things are going to plan for him.

On the other hand it does get annoying to see him get slandered and not get the recognition he deserves from the general public. Especially considering how much he's been carrying.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translations, Kredim. I'm loving this series for the worldbuilding and character development, honestly. I also like seeing the growth of the guards as they train to cover their weaknesses and improve their strengths.

In a sense, this series has somewhat of a Konosuba vibe, with talented, but very lopsided heroes that also have severe limitations and weaknesses, but unlike Konosuba, they're being more directly trained to eliminate or compensate for weaknesses. Like if Megumin had learned even just 1 attack spell besides Explosion. Even if just the weakest one (that cost the lowest amount of skill points), it would've been game changing.

Contributor
I know I should expect this by now, but it’s still weird that a fantasy world outright has television and image boards.

There might be some people there who are both literal wizards and figurative wizards.

Dex-chan lover
I know I should expect this by now, but it’s still weird that a fantasy world outright has television and image boards.

There might be some people there who are both literal wizards and figurative wizards.
also program wizards

• Wow
Reactions: GK
Dex-chan lover
I thought he wanted to quit why is he trying to improve lol
He trained his whole life and is quite an excellent guard, so when he sees others making steady progress to become stronger, it should both motivate him and make his envious. Even if he wants to retire. There are plenty of people who give it their all till the day they retire, even in RL. Many experts are being asked for comments on their field of expertise after retiring, especially if they have a history of answering questions from journalists. It's not uncommon for such people to keep themselves more or less updated on proceedings, despite not working anymore.

Dex-chan lover
The moment Hitumaki manages to fire an Aura Canon will be certified hype, lewd, or both!

And we have a sexy brocon otaku now, more fuel for the harem

Dex-chan lover
The world building in this series is great. We knew that technology similar to our modern world exists, and we know it's mixed in with a fantasy world that still uses villages and basic weaponry, but even with the inclusion of the internet, it's still believable and "normal". Even better is how every character who gets introduced is fleshed out, with very minor exceptions like the TV host and the three dudes who were creeping on Hitamuki. Best of all, Noma has his dick back after some obscenely lewd training, AND we got some Toshiko lewds after all this time.

I love this series.

Users who are viewing this thread