Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekake-chuu

On the plus side Arc as a skeleton has more guts than Ainz as a skeleton.

I'm honestly surprised by how good this is. Being an isekai I expected a flawless Mary Sue as the MC, but so far he has been shown to have flaws and not being the top dog in the world (though he is still stronger than average, but then again that is more shounen than simply isekai).

I wonder when they are going to reveal that this manga is set some 600+ years in the future. There are plenty of hints towards it, such as the country "Kanada" and how ninjas originated in a faraway land. But then again those might just be coincidences.

Dex-chan lover
@Orange_Orange
If I remember correctly, the correct answer is (Major Spoiler Alert)

The VR game he was playing was originally made for medical uses, but was repurposed when it was revealed said medical uses were quite sketchy or immoral. The prototype of the game or beta version, was notorious for being ultra realistic, with NPCs dying permanently when killed. Basically, an entire world of perfect AI unaware they’re a program, and a glitch pulling people’s minds inside. Players that got trapped would name things they created after things they knew. A beast man ninja PC taught beastmen slaves ninjutsu arts and gave them a tradition of naming their most strongest warriors after legendary ninja or kunoichi (Chiome=Chiyome). An elf player that was trapped made a country and named it after Canada and various places in it.

@Talismaster
That's actually quite the disappointing twist IMO. It is putting too much effort into trying to make something seem realistic.

The issue is described well by the old saying "probable impossibilities to improbable possibilities.". The idea of the MC being magically whisked away to this fairy tale land is fine as long as the characters still behave somewhat realistically (IE everyone isn't a murder hobo) and that the base idea of cause and effect still applies.

Whatever whisked the skeleton away isn't that important actually, because while impossible in reality I as a reader can accept it as a part of the story and move on.

But by trying to force an explanation through the introduction of this hyper-advanced VR the author has created something that is plausible, but feels improbable. The clean and simple idea of "The MC was whisked away by magic", is replaced by the contrived "The MC fell victim to a bug in a hyperrealistic VR game that only affects a choice few people and connects their minds together. Despite previous incidents of this happening the authorities and publishers have failed to both ban the game and give out any warnings.".

Add to it the weirdness of a company publishing something that if revealed would immediately spell their doom and several decades in prison for everyone involved. Like damn, I'm not sure even the Megacorps of Shadowrun would be so daring.

I'm just repeating myself now, but gosh I don't like that twist. It adds nothing, and creates an overly convoluted explanation for something that was already fine.

As a final note it reminds me of the old "Ash is in a coma" fan-theory. An unnecessary explanation for something that people were willing to accept as part of the show anyway.

I've just read this comic that went like:
"I am not saying elves chicks are easy, but you don't see many half dwarfs or half gnomes around."
And I can't read this without laughing and thinking about that.

Contributor
Sadly the novel already ended since the author seems to want to focus on another project, I'm not sure whether the ending will be good or not but the translation of the novel should be done in few months mmm...

Fed-Kun's army
Damn Japs sure do love to sample other's work and make cliche'd stuff....
It's so rare to find something unique these days.

Dex-chan lover
Well, to be fair this manga can be cliched sometimes, and Arc really tether close to your usual 'OP Isekai MC' cliche sometimes.

Honestly, if i asked 'what makes you interested with this manga?' i can't answer for sure. In term of uniqueness, Exterminator is still more stands out.

It's really not original, but i feel it is presented quite nicely so I still feel interested to keep read it.

Dex-chan lover
@Orange_Orange
Not familiar with .hack’s CCCorp, I see. You probably shouldn’t have had such high hopes when certain actions like fast travel existed.

Gosh .hack was a while ago. 8 years since I read it now I believe?

The twist though is as old as can be, and seldoms works IMO. Every popular series out there has the "It was a dream" fan-theory attached to it, be it 40k or Pokémon.

So not super high expectations I'd say. Just hoping that they'd not have used such a commonplace and unsurprising twist. I understand the author's desire to have some groundshaking twist that upends the whole story, but damn the one they chose has been done to death already.

Meh, no reason to fret over it all though. The manga became a placeholder for my complaints with the twist anyway, even if I still enjoy the rest of it. Though it'll be fun to bet on whether thisll go the route of 1/2 prince, .hack, SAO or some other VR thing. Hopefully not SAO.

Aggregator gang
Seems cool but I can't get past the MC being a skelly. I do read overlord too, but I only have room for one skelly MC. Then overlord isn't even all that great but I can deal with it for Albedo.

It's not that the series was dropped by the translators it's that there is still no new chapter >< I hope it will not be forgotten when an updta will occur...

It seem like the translator either drop or delay the series cause I just found the next two chapters raw.

Wait this is basically Overlord

Just because the protagonist is a skeleton doesn't make it the same. Arc clearly has no intention of doing all the evil crap that Ains does.

Too bad the LN ended prematurely. It feels abit rushed and too open ended (lot of things remains unanswered). I enjoy the LN, but for some people the story are too slow and character development + relation are too shallow.

Users who are viewing this thread