Gal Gohan - Vol. 10 Ch. 67 - A Surprise Cake

@Exile
I wasn't talking about age of consent (which, in my country, is just for having sex), I was talking about legal age, when society consider you a full fledged adult that can makes his own choices without the need for parents/guardians approval, which in Japan is 20 (I don't know if there's another way to address it in english since it's not my first language, but my dictionary translate it so). And yes, they could get married when she's 16 with their parents approval but it'd still be troublesome since she's his (ex) student, so it's perfectly reasonable for him to wait for her to be 20. Could he have avoided it legally?Sure. Was it stupid for him not to?I don't think so.

@supersaiyandoyle what @tseng said, that was what I was trying to point out.

@Wuiff like it or not, it's the law. He could not have waited with her parents approval, but that would have probably created a lot of scandals/problems so why risk it? I mean, even her parents that are totally on board the ship are literally saying why he's acting that way and that's the right thing to do and even she understands it. It's hard, it's painful, but it's the right thing to do. Even now he'll probably be seen as the "teacher that got with his (ex) student" and suspected of having a reationship with her when she was still in school, but at least he can be confident of having done the things the right way.

I'm probably late to asking this but I'm assuming this got axed? The pacing of this series has leaped from slower than a snail to over a mile a minute.

Dex-chan lover
The problem doesnt seems to be that he waited, but a sudden 2 year timeskip two chapters from the end is kinda... meh. Its like "you have to finish it on this volume which you are halfway through already" kinda thing. Could have spread it more, showed their holidays or something, building it up on the previous chapters that the time was passing and they never lost thei close connection.

Contributor
@avocadic

I'm probably late to asking this but I'm assuming this got axed? The pacing of this series has leaped from slower than a snail to over a mile a minute.

Not at all, the author always wanted to end it this way.
The main obstacle between Yabe and Miku relationship for a while was the trash harem/love triangle with Fujiwara.
Once she was rejected, you knew the end will come soon after. The third year was rushed, but that's it. This third year would not be interesting anyway, and would be mostly fillers (or maybe another love rival...yikes), 3rd year students don't really have a lot of free time for club and others things.

Sure, maybe the author could go for 230 chapters of fillers like in Amano Megumi or others rom-coms, but it would be boring as hell, and annoying.
Better to end it while it's still good, and work on another project, maybe even better than the last one.

When a author learn of a axe, he generally don't have a lot of chapters left, like 3 or 4 most of time, and everyone here or on reddit know it when it happen (Marry grave, Shuukan shounen hachi, Minamoto-Kun Monogatari, etc...)

Anyways, great chapter.
His confession was kinda akward, but it kinda suit him, he always was like that.

Dex-chan lover
nice, it's a good thing that he said "cooking together with me" because he's obviously not in position to say the classic "i wanna taste your miso soup every day"

Dex-chan lover
Emotional boner acheived!

@Siquall Plus a manga can only go on for so long and there are mangas contracted for a certain number of volumes, but I dunno about Gal-Gohan. I just hope we got 2 long last chapters showing an actual good ending.

Wow, first Saotome Sport now this.

Can I just get invested in a single fantastic romance manga without it panicking in the final few chapters and just ending immediately?!

Depressing but much better than being drawn out, not saving the kiss for a final panel makes me happy. Hopefully, the final chap will be a look into the future.

Dex-chan lover
@Dombl
Dunno if this is what you're asking for, but this manga is pretty great.
https://mangadex.org/title/18359/shiota-sensei-to-amai-chan

Aggregator gang
It ends at chapter 69...
tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread