Dex-chan lover
So he's an Otaku who has:
1. Great social skills
2. Flawless fashion advice (for women)
3. Great singing voice
4. Interesting and intriguing hobbies
5. Great body physic cuz he's a gym bro

b-b-Based????
Are his social skills that great though?

Dex-chan lover
Are his social skills that great though?
considering every "otaku" in these gal romcoms stutter over their words, never speak honestly from the heart about what they think and overthink and over-complicate shit. He's probably one of the few exceptions that does the complete opposite

So yes, If I would consider him to have great social skills in my books

jak

Contributor
Now I want this to end in a 3 some. Both girls are way too likable to see either of them hurt.

Dex-chan lover
considering every "otaku" in these gal romcoms stutter over their words, never speak honestly from the heart about what they think and overthink and over-complicate shit. He's probably one of the few exceptions that does the complete opposite

So yes, If I would consider him to have great social skills in my books
Even lot "non otaku" romcom protag stutter and flustered a lot more than MC here
Also i read again from first chapter since i forgot the premise, he's one of those closeted otaku who just into the hobby, rather than self proclaim otaku that called 3d suck 2d best, and rather anti-social normie hating otaku, so it kinda make sense that he has quite ok communication skill.

Dex-chan lover
maybe i'm just not reading the right stories but this is a bit of an unusual fantasy in manga. people being surprised at someone being unexpectedly jacked is common enough but this chapter feels particularly specific in the details.
also, it feels like the author has a clearer idea for what they want to do with riko than with the gal. i don't know if it's just my bias.

Banned
Yeah dropping this. Boring MC who is super popular. Always can do things. And now has a nice body?

Not expecting realism but cmon. Boring.

The beginning started off interesting

I was waiting for it to continue too.

people hating because they can’t enjoy simple trashy ln adaption. Maybe find a different hobby if you’re going to expect realism
Fr I was not expecting all the salt in this thread lmao. Personally I loved the twist.

Funny enough it's Nan Kilo Moteru that got me into gym workout. 3 years and still going.

That kind of body even though a little exaggerate, actually not as impossible as people think.

Althought, with only a dumbbell i dont know if you can actually perform all the excercises for all of the muscle groups :unsure:

Still, keep lifting brah, you wont get there unless you start. Forever mirin !

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If Riko isn't the second wife I'll be sad. But I still like the little sister vibe we get from her so I'm good with either or

Dex-chan lover
hey this is great. why can't all shitty self insert stories be like this? usually mc is a pussy because apparently lots of the audience can't handle anything else
Remember when our heroes were Yusuke, Naruto, Luffy, Ichigo and other badass characters???

Or back when the wimpy ones were brave dudes who overcame and had character development to stand up for themselves and others???? (Rosario Vampire, Eye Shield 21, Hitman Reborn).

Now, they are often people with no confidence, and no growth.

Dude's 30+??? Acts like a teenage virgin. Dude slept with thousands of women??? Act like a teenage virgin.... Dude has all the power in the world??? Act like.... you get the picture....

And while it's not all series, it's very common.... which sucks...

Though I guess it's probably more common in stories that are adapted form web novels....

Too many of these stories are based off of web novels, which are closer to original fanfics with authors just copying each other...

And while they often have a lot of really irritating points, they are often just fun/good enough that we are forced to bear them (plus, we just have way too much time now, so manga companies can pump out way more stuff without as much worry for quality).

Back when people had to buy magazines, they were able to focus more on quality.....

A lot of these webnovel based stories survive because they are based on quick views and people wanting to just waste time....

Users who are viewing this thread