GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - Vol. 18 Ch. 99

Welp, I can see two ways this can go and either way it ends in a massacre.

Dex-chan lover
In a way or another, this will end in death, but the error of the JSDF soldiers is forgetting they are made of flesh too, the idea wasn't bad and it was effective but you can't forget you are still mortal just because you have the technological superiority.

Japan's victory is guaranteed this was never a war, but this does not mean they are invincible.

That commander definitely was a fish in his past life and would definitely be one of those annoying ass vegetarians if he lived on earth

@Xyzzy at least they are better in execution than certain country movie,

Seriously though, they are so full of propaganda material that the plot and execution of the material suffer a critical blow...

I actually stop watching movies made in that country a few years ago, despite previously loving the hell out off it (due to its tight choreography, stable cam,
the less pervasive use of CG and overall a hella good script)

Sigh... Just remembering it makes me depressed

Double-page supporter
TBH i kinda expect for both side to do something stupid. Making their character do stupid thing is the most common tool the japanese manga/novel author use to advance the plot anyway.

Contributor
@RedRoyce They don't need to poison him, just the act of him getting injured will start a free for all as the Japanese will open fire on the one that shot the crossbow at them.

Group Leader
You don't know she was actually cutting off his fingers. It's night time, they could have just been little sausages and she was poking him. Or he might have been in on it.

Dex-chan lover
Well, technically speaking, war crimes happen when you violate human rights during a war. And as far as i know, human rights apply to humans, and so, as per the definition, the creatures from other worlds are NOT human. Sure, the guys from the empire may look human, but whos to say they dont have 2 hearts? or no stomach? Has anybody performed an autopsy, or any other kind of medical check up to see if they are 100% human?
Warrior bunnies certainly arent human, what with the tail, ears, and their ridiculous physical prowess that no guy can match, and dont get me started on the thing that looked like a child just to transform into beast from X-men.
So do they get human rights too? Its debatable. At least, thats what any competent lawyer will argue if you try to get any of these guys in front of a tribunal in La Haya.

Well at least they’re doing this for a Japanese citizen, not bs like oil or “freedom”

Contributor
@Rhin

That’s the sort of thinking that leads to people committing war crimes against other races because, to them, they’re not human.

Like, who cares if they have two hearts or rabbit ears? From what we’ve seen from this entire series, they have emotions like humans, act like humans, have aspirations like humans. Are you really going to use that rationale to commit crimes you know are bad, simply because the other party might not be the same as you?

@Esper

Then wouldn’t that just be deception? Which, granted, isn’t outlawed by the Geneva Convention, but is still one of those moves that you’d see a villain do.

Dex-chan lover
@xyzzy dude, im not saying its okay to do it, but people here need to understand that there is a difference between legal and ethical.
The thought process you arrived at is based on common sense from this world, in the XX century. Its really easy to see the difference in ethical values if you just go like, 100 years back, or even 200 where slavery was still legal AND ethical, and by todays standards thats an abomination, which serves to prove my point that using ethics to determine if something is good or bad is a complicated process.
Sure, we all agree that killing is bad, or stealing or raping, but people still cant agree if gay marriage is okay or not, or if abortion is okay or not, so ethics are not an iron rule, add to the fact you are dealing with a different world, with different values and a different common sense, and your ethic no longer holds water.

What im trying to say is, at some point in time, the other worlds races are going to demand to have the same rights as humans, and based on the fact they are sentient, sapient beings, it wouldn't be hard to think those rights are either gonna be recognized or the definition of "human" is going to broaden in order to include them.
But until that happens, there is no "war crime". Doesn't mean what they are doing is acceptable to modern society´s eyes, im sure they would get a lot of heat from the public opinion and even other countries for it, but it still isnt illegal, and therefore, its not a war crime.

Dex-chan lover
There was no war crimes committed in this chapter! I didn't see anyone eat without a table!

Fed-Kun's army
ROFL.... Itami was the scourge of the rangers.... lol...
Near impossible to capture...
Always played outside the box.

No wonder he drove all his commanders crazy ape shit up the wall.

@xyzzy
A crime is only a crime when its deemed illegal in a jurisdiction.
So War Crime is deemed illegal on EARTH, but on that planet there are no such rules, hence they can not be charged with war crimes, because its not in the jurisdiction where its applicable. It would be more of a violation on military ethics, however i think that also does not apply when dealing with an enemy on ancient civilization standards.

Its more a devaluation of Ethics, but so is harsh prisoner treatment, forcing them into slaves, and killing of innocent civilians.
Your basically downgraded to follow the most basic law survival, which is called the law of the jungle... hence meaning whatever gets you though the night is fully legal and allowed.

Dex-chan lover
To end a Hostage situation just kill the hostage.
Thats the russian way.

Users who are viewing this thread