Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Ch. 61.1 - The Priest of Destruction, Souji Lester

For me, in the last page said like souma invite souji to organize all religions in kingdom but if i remember correctly, in LN, souma invite souji to be bishop and organize only lunarians believer not all of the religion in kingdom.
The sentence is not well written, I think it might be to say "organize all belivers <of the lunarian religion>"

Dex-chan lover
Damn, I never expected Souji Lester could be this cool and charismatic. IIRC, the description in the novel didn't look like that. Also, from what I see at a glance, despite the church assumption on him, he looks like the cleanest bishop compare to others on the council.
Yeah Souji never got an illustration soooo i guess instead of been some usual looking bishop looking guy we got Buff ass Temple monk

Dex-chan lover
This is brilliant, its practically Souma’s own Luther but with government backing and a well established follower base. Better as to what I expected.
Souji better start working on those 95 Theses if he hasn't already.
I was going to make a Martin Luther reference as well. Good to see other scholars here!

For a holy man known for philandering and his contrasting appearance compared to his contemporaries, he be packing them ERA on his abdomen.

Then again, would not be surprised if he was actually a warrior monk during his adventurer days...

Dex-chan lover
Dang, I thought he'll be a lanky guy with an aloha shirt. But we get a buff guy. Very chill, regardless.
:pacman:
Meme_anime.png

Banned
Funny how the only good member of this church looks more like a ripped Japanese monk.
Because the guy is probably an expy of a real life Japanese historical figure. I am not a fluent guy in Japanese history, but I can recall several different manga referring to a lecher monk but a great guy in term of morality. In fact, I think this type of character is an archtype typical of any Japanese fictional work. Which might be based on a real person. I could be dead wrong though.

Edit; a name kept popping up when I think about this character archtype; Junpei? Junbei? Jinbei? He is like travelling warrior/monk, carries around a slashing spear. Naginata spear?

Dex-chan lover
This priest doesn't seem like the corrupt and bad guy they painted him to be in the previous chapter, you can tell just from his character design

Dex-chan lover
The best padres are the ones that are technically correct while enjoying a virtuous, worldly life. After all, we shouldn’t have to blindly follow the rules that have been set up 1-2 thousand years ago that were written in an at-best-barren land in the middle of nowhere.

Fed-Kun's army
Damn Souji more buff than i expected considering how they describe him in novel. Althou I mean the way the females of this manga are too compared to the novel has also been quite funny.
Yeah, me too, I was like “wait, bro’s a ripped priest? I knew he was lean, but did not know he could crush the other priests with his muscles”.
Do you even lift my brother in Lunaria?
padre-marcelo-rossi.jpg

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
so, Souma wants to create a schism
Which would ensure his kingdom is mostly safe from the holy kingdom's machinations.

Even if there was a problem, the religion would be under state control anyway. Secularism over sect seems to be a very good choice to ensure propagation of science.

Last edited:
Group Leader
19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look at him, a glutton and a drunk, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ But wisdom is vindicated by her deeds.
—Matthew 11:19

Dex-chan lover
Damn, I never expected Souji Lester could be this cool and charismatic. IIRC, the description in the novel didn't look like that. Also, from what I see at a glance, despite the church assumption on him, he looks like the cleanest bishop compare to others on the council.
Basically he enjoys the company of women and drinks like a German. He uses the large donations he gets from the people to fatten up the cardinal and make himself untouchable so he can continue his current lifestyle. The only reason they're questioning him is because they want to oust the embarrassingly corrupt cardinal Souji's bribing.

Users who are viewing this thread