Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Ch. 61.1 - The Priest of Destruction, Souji Lester

Dex-chan lover
Hahaha I thought Souji is also a fat priest but looks like I imagined him wrongly from novel.
And pretty smart move from Souma and Hakuya

Dex-chan lover
Damn Souji more buff than i expected considering how they describe him in novel. Althou I mean the way the females of this manga are too compared to the novel has also been quite funny.
They always do that. The example I always roll my eyes at (even though I love them🤣) breasts. In a LN the auther discribes someones chest as say, B-cup, then in the manga it's a D-cup and in the anime it's a F-cup every freaking time, without fail. It's with the recarnated as a slime thing, same as "I was banished from the hero's party", "86", overlord.....EVERY EFFING TIME 🤣

Dex-chan lover
Damn, I never expected Souji Lester could be this cool and charismatic. IIRC, the description in the novel didn't look like that. Also, from what I see at a glance, despite the church assumption on him, he looks like the cleanest bishop compare to others on the council.
Because he is. That's very clear from the LN. He at least is a decent human being, sure he likes to drink.....a lot and loves prositutes, but he's a good man like a priest SHOULD be not a corrupt self enriching asshole. And he cares about his Community.

Dex-chan lover
Is it me, or the corrupt people in power are often drawn like they are from One Piece?
Not really.. Just a standard way of depicting corrupt/evil people. Just look at nazi propaganda from WW2 about certain groups. Like the evil villian twriling his mustache.

Dex-chan lover
what was the point of the demanding the fat corrupt guy be the bishop if you're just gonna replace him right after with a competent and likable bishop?

Dex-chan lover
They always do that. The example I always roll my eyes at (even though I love them🤣) breasts. In a LN the auther discribes someones chest as say, B-cup, then in the manga it's a D-cup and in the anime it's a F-cup every freaking time, without fail. It's with the recarnated as a slime thing, same as "I was banished from the hero's party", "86", overlord.....EVERY EFFING TIME 🤣
Meanwhile one of my favorite weird ones are Black summoner art where there is onr illustration of the girls bathing and one of thr girls breasts just like way bigger than any other art of her and its like what happend here.

Dex-chan lover
I was expected him to be fat . Not a complaint.

Reminds me of that priest in Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life. Would he obliterate a huge bolder or wall with his fist too?

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Because the guy is probably an expy of a real life Japanese historical figure. I am not a fluent guy in Japanese history, but I can recall several different manga referring to a lecher monk but a great guy in term of morality. In fact, I think this type of character is an archtype typical of any Japanese fictional work. Which might be based on a real person. I could be dead wrong though.

Edit; a name kept popping up when I think about this character archtype; Junpei? Junbei? Jinbei? He is like travelling warrior/monk, carries around a slashing spear. Naginata spear?

"a lecher monk but a great guy in terms of morality"

So, basically, Miroku? /jk

Users who are viewing this thread