Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - The Movements Inside the Two Countries.

Dex-chan lover
Durr hurr we must fight because we are starving/quote]
I see the everyone except MC is a complete and utter mouth breathing retard cliche, is still in effect.

Dex-chan lover
@boag hey it's hard to make the MC look good if he's in the absolute wrong, no? because if we do that we'd end up with Kumagawa Misogi, The Ultimate Loser

Dex-chan lover
@Wolvenworks its getting painful to read this, if the artwork wasnt semi good i would have dropped it a while ago.

Dex-chan lover
@boag i'm actually interested in the MC. you don't find a lot of MCs nowadays that aren't combat oriented, and a machiavellist on top of that too

Fed-Kun's army
Personally, I think Amidonia's actions are quite sensible, given the setting.

An enemy civil war is indeed the best moment to strike. Especially if they, like everyone else, suspect even more parties will intervene to screw Elveniden. If they win, they'll solve the starvation problems and deal a severe blow to Elveniden. What about the moment the civil war ends? Well, it's true that attacking a fellow human kingdom won't sit well with their pact allies... but as they say, it's also true that Elveniden didn't sign the treaty. Amidonia did. If Elveniden declares war to recover their lands (who they actually stole in the past), Amidonia can in all justice demand that their allies fulfill their obligations and support them against a non-member party. They even enjoy popular support, a must!, since their economic problems have a lot to do with losing land to Elveniden in the first place.

I don't know the LN, so I'm probably missing details, but the plan, although risky, isn't stupid. Just too ambitious. If anything, I don't like that the story presents it as "Ha, look at that stubborn, stupid king. Doesn't he magically realize he's going against a manga protagonist, and thus the story says he'll lose?" from the get go.

I'd also like to add that feudal history is full of rulers that ruined their own nations for things like petty revenge. A ruler risking everything to take revenge for a generation old slight to the nations honor is not as unbelievable as you might think by those standards, kings are but human after all.

Dex-chan lover
It makes a lot of sense for Gaius to strike when its enemy is at its weakest because of internal infighting. Plenty of wars have been won this way.

Dex-chan lover
will he ever get married and have multiple wives or what is going on here?

Double-page supporter
The issue is that they don't even have the ressources to wage war to begin with. Pludering the land of conquest wouldn't even suffice in these case.

Talking about the LN, Amidonia is basically a ruined country on top of a dry rock that already waged too many wars and spent his recent day still sacrificing everything they have for the next war. It just can't work.
Also they didn't scout the enemy properly, attacking when you don't even know exactly how your opponent fares internally is a bit too reckless.

Finally, it's true there is a loophole in the peace treaty thingy, but if you just go agressive on someone who isn't in your treaty without asking the other people involved in said treaty, you risk more being 1. banished of the treaty and 2. being marked as the common enemy.
And the Empire can pretty much just decides to do that.

Dex-chan lover
@kronix
He seems fucking busy due to command&conquer, but yeah it would be good for him to relax sometimes (in lewd ways).

No I won't read the spoilerz.

Dex-chan lover
@monkey123 I used to think the same way, when my buddy first introduced me to "manga" I was like why the fuck would I spoil the anime I am watching by reading from the manga? I avoided manga for a long time but then I realized that a lot of anime does not get a complete ending and you must read the manga in order to complete the story. After that I kinda just cherry picked seasonal anime and just focused on reading a crap ton of manga. I reached a point where I had read so much manga I couldn't find anything else to fucking read (I know I probably missed a lot of genres that I don't enjoy but fuck it dood no point in reading shit I don't enjoy) so I moved to light novels and web novels. Now I don't see myself as spoiling the story when I read ahead from the manga/anime I just enjoy all sorts of entertainment. I just wished manga stopped being stuck in the past and evolve like webtoons has to provide fast content to their audiences. Waiting months for a fucking update is really fucking discouraging for many individuals at this point.

Dex-chan lover
@boag @Wolvenworks

The biggest obstacle to writing an MC that uses brains over brawn is that the rest of the characters have to be somewhat retarded(most of the time) for it to work, so what most authors will end up doing is making a giant world stage(different countries, cultures, religions, and politics), and give that substance instead, granted, the characters themselves usually have depth(Ideals, personality, etc), but if you put them under a microscope you'll discover that they're almost devoid of critical thinking skills.

Anime with (legitimately)clever characters like Fate/Zero, Death Note, and LOTGH(The original, fuck the remake.) are a rarity.

Users who are viewing this thread