Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Declaration of War (2)

Fed-Kun's army
He could had just said "Advance!", but no no no mister isekaied mc needs to be COOL

Aggregator gang
Souma be like:

tumblr_ovbuzhGX0e1wz6azro1_500.jpg

how did he teleport his army ahead of the Amidonians? Do Amidonians not have scouts? WTF writing.

Dex-chan lover
@ooPh9quu,
The Carmine duchy is closer to the Amidonian capital than the southern fort, forgot the name,
The Amidonians took the longer route 'cause they don't want to be seen as affiliated with Carmine in the beginning of the rebellion.

Group Leader
Enemy army lost 50% in a march and doesn't use scouts but still thinks they can perform a successful pincer...

Dex-chan lover
Is it ever explained why Elvenide didn't join the alliance? Feels idiotic.
Also, in the first chapter, when they summoned Soma, weren't they saying how Elvenide had to pay "the Empire"? Costs for the war against demons, no?
And the countries who pay that, are the countries IN THE ALLIANCE that do not border with the demons, instead providing support.

I don't get it.

Why do we rarely have these types of MC ? Being a badass with high position on the world instead of a badass with low position on the world/

Dex-chan lover
@Tatherwood

Maybe the payment (of soldiers/funding/summoned heroes) IS the alliance, they cannot afford to do this due to their problems beforehand (with famine and corruption) so they were not part of the alliance and did not intend to partake, thus they ended with summoning a hero that can take care of their kingdom's internal problems in the long run rather than for temporary foreign affairs.

Dex-chan lover
@Winchan Sure, but that's the point. They HAD to pay. If they had to pay, is because they were in the Alliance in the first place.
If they weren't, they wouldn't have to pay, no?

Dex-chan lover
Maybe the established alliance is not of such that they are on consensus that you need to establish alliance first before payment obligations, but rather a reward or consideration for contributing to "wartime demands." I tried to understand what I could with the first chapter and it seems that, being the most influential and powerful empire in the continent- they are using Wartime Contributions and Power Threats in order to receive pay otherwise they have to "summon" and the agenda of the Empire about this summon is still unclear (be it to force the Kingdoms to complete submission or to amplify their power standings.)

But it is surely that this alliance was formed in the image that the Empire will provide manpower and protection against the "demon clan" or other territories in exchange which the Kingdom has denied.

So TL/DR : Pay first, Services later.

[This has been debunked, false]

Dex-chan lover
@Tatherwood

I've just reached chapter 28, it seems that the contributions to the wartime effort is a separate ordeal to the Declaration.

It's like the difference between being in a peace treaty, and contributing to a mutual enemy.
They aren't in the treaty/union (which is there to prevent infightings) but will still pay contributions to the powers that are fighting the lines against another power.

Dex-chan lover
@Winchan Well, average translation contributed too, I guess. Plus, I don't 100% remember everything.

I was re-reading Ch1. After the defeat, the Empire "demanded wartime contributions from every other Kingdom". But Elvenide couldn't pay, so INSTEAD they summoned a Warrior. That they were supposed to send to the Empire.
...but they didn't. Did they eventually pay instead when Soma started making improvements? I forgot.

But in any event, my answers were based off my poor memory. Point is, the giving money was an "extra" (*stares at DEMANDING contributions*). It wasn't the Alliance per sé.
So, again. Why didn't Elvenide join the Alliance? I don't think it got explained.

Users who are viewing this thread