Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Declaration of War (2)

Contributor
@ParagonNight They may be assholes, but they had nearly all their farmland annexed in the previous war which has left them quite vulnerable. They're fairly justified in their hatred for Elveniden.

Dex-chan lover
Just a note, next chapter raw release date is October 25, 2019, so have to wait two months for it now.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kurogwane
It's good to know that they're doing it and if the translation quality is good then people should definitely do it, but also it'd be good for us poor people for somebody to translate it for us that cant justify throwing money at the pay wall.

Dex-chan lover
This is a really boring way to formulate a battle sequence

I mean its a foregone conclusion, but it shows Somua doing what needed to be done in a very logical and pragmatic way to secure victory before the actual battle even starts. Although I do agree with @kwendy that the exposition feels very simple, would it hurt to say that Souma sent 5000 men to besiege the capital to contain the garrison?

Dex-chan lover
Its still amazing that all of these, including Capturing the 2 Dukes, was only a span of 5 days.

Dex-chan lover
See, this is why chess only works as a metaphor for war to a certain point.

Even disregarding the numeric disadvantage, chess doesn't have rules for the morale of a knight being so low and pawns being so high that when a rook moves to take a pawn, it's the one that falls instead. Not to mention maneuverability. Rooks aren't ever too tired to move more as much as they need to.

It's simple enough, but still satisfying to watch.

Double-page supporter
You just got outplayed my dude, better to kneel and ask for only your head and your son's to be chopped.

Dex-chan lover
I remember reading this in the LN.

I knew it was coming but when the explanation of the whole plan was laid out...that it had me screaming "YOU DONE FUCKED UP NOW" internally.

Dex-chan lover
@evlbb2
Not like I'm advocating doing so, but if you really can't buy it, it is accessible by less admirable means.

Fed-Kun's army
Damn, didn't have wards in that tri-brush which led to getting ambushed and losing half your team, the pain didn't stop there though, almost making it back to base and gets caught out again. R.I.P. Red Team

Dex-chan lover
The next chapter will be a slaughter isnt it? Either that or another one of those "You win, Annex us, but oh no, we will betray you anyway in the next 10 chapters"

@musicfreak12 nope the king is a warrior to their DNA. Even souma having "near death experience". If its not becoz of low number and morale, souma army will lose

Aggregator gang
This arc and the one after is really well written. I spent a couple nights reading the LN translations! XD
At least it was interesting up until the author abruptly shoved in the harem stuff and my interest disappeared after that. =(

Users who are viewing this thread