Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 6 Ch. 30 - Project Lorelai (2)

Double-page supporter
@HOOfan_1 That's how high-treason works, in terms of "quality of crime" it's literally the worst you can do! It's even multiple steps above murder and manslaughter. Why? The latter two affects a handful people at worst (or hundreds/thousands in case of mass murder or terror), but high treason puts the existence of the nation, all its inhabitants and their property at risk.

Especially in times when succession is shaky and nations don't have regular change in power (i.e. every form of government that is not a republic) you need to make sure that copycats are deterred. Throughout history as soon as rebellion occurred more rebels or usurpers sprang out of hiding because "the time is right". It's also one of the prime reasons why after the death of strong and long reigning monarchs with multiple children the nation usually has a civil war at their hands. Ottomans got around it by killing every offspring not intended to rule (well, somewhat).

The reason also doesn't matter, as long as the rebellion fails or doesn't have any popular support. Who is left determines (and has to) what is right, else they have another rebellion at their hand before yesterday.

Dex-chan lover
@HOOfan_1 what they did is treason usually that’s a death penalty they are lucky they were just put into slavery.

Plus in this time of war where demon(demi-human) army is up north and human kingdoms eyeing to take your land it’s not a good image to you know forgive those that betrayed you the image of a weak king will be ingrained and with how their current situation where they would like to reduce rebellion having an image of “the king will easily forgive us of high treason if we boot lick fast enough”

There is a reason why he head chop the land general(doll ver.) to show he might be nice but he isn’t weak ether. And pardoning those that are part of the guy they just executed idk doesn’t look good just cause they helped him once doesn’t look good. That’s like the image of our current leader looks the other way for close allies even though they are corrupt and order investigations on those people who criticized him.

Of course treason is far worst than corruption.

Dex-chan lover
i have stupid and when this chap made me use 80% of my brain the other 60% was on fire

@greatninja3 history is full of instances where a rebel is pardoned and accepted back into the Army of the country. It happened after the Napoleonic Wars, it happened after the American Civil War.

Double-page supporter
Alright, that messy war arc is finally over.

The mangaka can draw environmental scenes decently, but can’t do a fight scene to save his life.

Hope the future chapters focus more on dimplomacy and politics rather than sending armies.

Dex-chan lover
@HOOfan_1 didn’t happen here for now at least pretty sure they will use them again they are not going to remove this characters completely.

It also happen with russia during ww2

Dex-chan lover
If the previous chapter is redone, when will it be uploaded?

Can someone tell me the context of the two girls seperated by the jail cell? I'm reading like 50 different isekai at once so my memory's kinda foggy

Dex-chan lover
@b4nji I'm in the same boat lmao. I know the girl outside the cell is the princess while the dragon girl is the daughter of the Air Force general, which joined the Army general in rebellion. I dunno why she got jailed after helping out in the war against Amidonia tho. You'd expect she got redeemed by that.

Dex-chan lover
>implying that people would give up resistance just by being treated well by said occupier
Look at this dood

I don't think any historical monarchy has survived under a democratic system. This is delusional

Double-page supporter
@b4nji Yeah Carla and Liscia are best friends,carla was the part of the opposing factors who won't let souma become a king and liscia is part of souma's side and loves him,so liscia is trying to make souma marry carla but that will create problems,that's the context so far for them

Kil

You all are really forgetting that at this time he isn't trying to take Van forever. He's just there until the Grand Chaos Empire comes and make him give it back to Julius.

He doesn't need their lifelong loyalty. He just wants to relax the population tense nerves and curb rebellion for a bit, and leave a huge mess with the whole "freedom" thing when he's out. As we understood with this chapter, when Julius comes back to govern the city and try to curb their newfound freedom and the Dwarven lolis the people won't shut up about it and might even rebel against him.

Not to mention that Souma sold all of the weapons in the castle to buy food and reconstruct the city. So, he's not planing long term occupation of the territory. That's why he only needs to make the people of Amidonia think that he isn't gonna opress them, and that maybe all "the kingdom is the enemy" propaganda was false.

That's what I got from the last few chapters.

Now, he doesn't know what Roroa is planning or even where she is. Her speech about making him take responsibility makes me think that she will try to make him marry her and take responsibility for the whole Amidonia and not just Vans.

Users who are viewing this thread