Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 6 Ch. 30 - Project Lorelai (2)

Fed-Kun's army
The comments here are honestly wonderful with the many discussions. I felt like I had to also leave a comment too XD

@rrolo1

sorry for butting in your convo. but wouldn't it be logical for souma to completely assimilate the conquered lands into the kingdom? That would signal to the people that they are true citizens of the kingdom and he will be more likely to keep their support, also compare the situation in amidonia before and after souma's conquest, it's more likely the citizens will side with him because he does not lead a military-focused nation like the previous "occupants" and seeing how he treats his citizens it is rly likely that the quality of life in the newly conquered areas is going to improve drastically

Aggregator gang
Freedom of speech and expression..
To think that was once thought of being a self-evident/obvious.
Now that is one thing which is taken away from us piece by piece. This chapter reminds how I despise the modern society, politicians, the country I was born to, and mainly, the union of which my country is part of. A hint, The European Union.

The MC's a hypocrite, he is actually an idealist who thinks he is a realist. While supposedly trying to create a free and open society. He is also creating a unitary centralized government. Which is the same type of government that will eventually force conformity on the populace. Free and Open Societies require a level of decentralized power with actual {not ones that exist in name only or some piece of paper} checks and balances (exactly what the MC removed, by removing the Dukes from their powerbases and giving them façade of power by keeping their military ranks {which can easily be removed by some other ruler}). The MC is keeps forgetting that he will not always be running the nation. Eventually, a weak and power hungry King and/or Prime Minister will emerge and use his centralized state to force conformity on the nation and expel/persecute whomever they deem to be undesirable.

Dex-chan lover
Free to express yourself, unless you express your belief that the new king who came out of nowhere and was declared king minutes after he came from nowhere, is some sort of charlatan. Then you will be declared a traitor and be attacked and have a slave collar put on you.
it is what it is. your freedom will only take u so far. say u were talking about a rebellion. u cant just expect them to take that. or that theyre nation is going to be raided, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread