Genocider - Vol. 4 Ch. 24 - A Faint Hope

Dex-chan lover
This series started off somewhat interesting, then quickly dropped off in the time since the dad shaved his head and started going on a murdering spree. Everything that we've seen since being as stupid and ridiculous as it gets. Now we have this not a real ending shit. Apparently Natsumi and bald guy were able to get away with everything? Not in modern day Japan of all places. Also I'm guessing they might be trying to set up for a possible sequel by having the one guy at the end wanting his revenge, but like that's gonna happen. The dude's restrained in a hospital, with everything pointing to him as the culprit. Ain't no way is he escaping from all that to go chase down his thot.

G-P

Dex-chan lover
And here I was about to give credit to the author for not dragging things on and then we get this nice, unsolved cliffhanger for a sequel that will likely never happen. :clap:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.

Personally, I like the ending. It's an ending that ties up the strings fairly well and leaves enough room open for a possible continuation(with the detectivie). It has it's flaws, but I'm satisfied.

Dex-chan lover
This could have been a clean closure, except for that dumb weakling who was never going to get the girl anyway.
Either the author wants to keep things open for a possible spin-off / sequel, or he just wanted to give this guy some emotional pain just for the sake of it. Anyway, even disregarding his physical state, he shouldn't even be allowed to leave free as Rika described him as a culprit a short while ago.
That might not be enough to condemn him right away, unless Rika manages to get enough of her mind back to bear testimony, but it should be enough to start investigating and monitoring him. There is at least one cop who apparently decided to follow up on her case.
(Chapter 19, pages 25-28)

Group Leader
Looks like it's this mangaka's MO to end with open ended nothing endings. Also considering this was completed back in 2015 don't expect any follow up by this point because she only has one work listed after that.

Dex-chan lover
Lol what the actual fuck was that ending?? lmao. Oh well for manga that was probably cancelled prematurely I guess it was quite a fun way to end the final chapter.
It doesn't make a lick of sense though. Aihara just going to disappear rather than return to his daughter's hospital? He cares enough about his daughter to go on a killing spree but not enough to go back to his daughter after the killing spree is done? is his plan is just to elope with Natsumi, screw his daughter??
Also lol at the idea that there isn't any CCTV footage of Aihara murdering the hotel receptionist or wandering around shinjuku beating people to death.

Very silly but it did start pretty good.
Thanks again JUM

Users who are viewing this thread