Genre exclusion and server upgrades!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miku best girl
Admin
Genre exclusion has finally been implemented, thanks to @rdn ?

Code:
User settings now features a list of genres that can be excluded from the frontpage, /updates, /titles and quick_search
Added a filter button to the right side of the MDList header to temporarily filter list contents by genre

The webserver was also upgraded today, giving us a bigger SSD. This means that transfers to the image servers will be happening very rarely now.

Based on our current trajectory of growth, another webserver with a more powerful processor may be necessary in a few months time. We currently operate on 3 image servers, and another may be needed in a few months too.

As usual, thanks to everyone who has supported us financially so far. If you would like to do so, please visit our support page. Almost a year in, and we still don't need to even consider ads ?

More site upgrades should be on the way at Christmas, especially special features for supporters, so keep an eye out!

Holo

PS: Don't forget to check out our Mega Contest!

Dex-chan lover
That explains the 502 earlier.

Genre exclusion has finally been implemented
YAY!

Time to exclude some of the genres I don't like.

Oh!! i can finally exclude yaoi, shonen ai, shoujo Ai, Yuri
thanks a lot for this service

Dex-chan lover
I just noticed the new feature uses tri-state checkboxes.
If they were regular ones, I could guess at what they do:
Checked = exclude
Unchecked = don't exclude

But I'm not sure what the tri-state does.
Unchecked = don't exclude
Red Minus = exclude?
Green check = ???

Miku best girl
Admin
@GalladeGuy The sidebar isn't included in the exclusion for now, that may be added later as exclusion improves.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Nolonar
If you are in MDList, you set a green checkmark for Oneshot, you only see Oneshots. If you have a red checkmark for Oneshot, you only see manga that don't have the Oneshot tag. If you leave it unchecked, it doesn't consider the tag at all.

Contributor
@Nolonar

Green includes everything with that genre. Say you greencheck slice of life and cooking, all the results include slice of life and cooking, but some of them might have more than just those two.

Can Touhou get its own genre? since it gets spammed so hard that some releases can be missed in between....
Edit: Sorry forgot to say thanks for the good work.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Nebz After the initial uploads, it won't be an issue. It's just content that existed but we didn't have, not actually new releases.

Contributor
YES! Thank you!
I was literally digging through the settings yesterday in hopes of finding a way to do that.

Double-page supporter
Thank god. Can you also add a function to hide all Korean/Chinese comics? There isn't a single decent one and I'm tired of seeing them.

make it so follows only show a few of the most recent ch from each manga maybe last 10 chapter because

Follows: Latest Updates
Showing 1 to 100 of 7,025 chapters

Follows: Mangas
Showing 1 to 40 of 262 titles

doesn't having this fo every account cause more strain on system ???

Although i could be wong :p

Also TY for Genre Exclusion

FEAR St. Elmo's Fire ?

Contributor
God I've been waiting for this feature for so long. I pick manga based on the covers and I can't believe the amount of times I'd click on yaoi..

Thanks for the great work guys really love the site.
Could I make a suggestion? Would it be possible to have what release schedule the manga follows in Japan on the information page like "Monthly" "Fortnightly/Bi-Weekly" "Weekly" "Daily" "No committed dates" or something like that?
I know that the groups that do translations aren't required to stick to times it's a service they do not a requirement - so I'm not asking for their release schedule just the original manga in Japan. Sometimes I am binge reading a series and when you catch up you're a bit confused with what happens after you catch up or how far behind the series is. It's more for curiosity I guess I'm not explaining it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread