Girls' Last Tour

Beautiful shit. I shouldn't have read the ending at night cos it got me in my feelings while it's dark and quiet...

Fed-Kun's army
"We are going to die, there's nothing we can do about it but that's okay"
The end of humanity has never been so soothing
Though we have a neither a story nor characters to further develop, each chapter was gift, a window to enjoy a good time in a place where such would seem impossible, even when everything was coming to an end
That's it, seizeing one day at a time, not knowing what's ahead, only having each other and their thoughts
And that is charming

Legit, one of the best anything that I've ever seen
10/10 still crying about it
(plus the anime adaptation is an absolute gem)

Fed-Kun's army
pointing out that the 3 missing chapters are;
chapter 11: residence
chapter 20: moonlight
chapter 29: destruction
also chapter 33.5 on here is actually chapter 37 which creates the illusion of a 4th missing chapter.

found the nightcore through osu, found out about the anime, i am now interested in the manga, feel like it'll be a GREAT read

Hey, the manga won the 50th Seiun Awards for science-fiction work. Does that count as award winning?

Grandissima opera velata contemporanemante nei suoi capitoli di tristezza e speranza.
Unica cosa letta paragonabile a questa è "Il piccolo principe".

I doubt they died right at the ending. Also, glad they didn’t milk some overly horrendous death out of it for no reason.
I think it overall had a fulfilling theme of hopelessness, and everything being alright because its over so no reason to want anymore. Now that I think about it. This might have just made me go through the seven stages of grief... Definitely recommending this

WARNING! I think it's important to know that this does NOT have a happy ending.

I actually really loved this manga in till the last few chapters when everything went downhill fast. Why give this overall feeling of is being happy when you just kill them off in the most depressing way possible? This manga felt like it was about "Having hope despite it all" and yet it just ruins that at the end. (It's amazing how fast I went from loving this manga to hating it)
Why do I feel like the anime ruined this manga? The author had said they had many more ideas for this manga before the anime finished and just out of nowhere all the terrible shit goes down and the manga ends with them dying. It's like getting to the top represented her getting an anime and hopping there would be more up there despite the difficult journey..... but you know what she finds up there when it's all said and done? Nothing. The journey wasn't worth it, just kill em off. That's the feeling I the anyway......

Yeah, I would say this was sad, which is should have been, but it mostly just pissed me off. WTF happened to my chill exploring a strange but wonderful abandoned world manga? 😢

Double-page supporter
@soticoto oí where are you this seems like exactly the story for you such little hope already easy to completely crush with your comments

This one had me feeling some type of way.
I'm not crying you're crying 😭

It's quite sad but you just want more even after it ends. its a true masterpiece

The thing is, in the second to last chapter, Chito and Yuuri really do feel at peace with each other after all of their adventures. ]They were near the end and threw everything away just at the last stretch, they rarely used the gun especially for actual threats, the Kettenkrad couldn't be fixed so they made the most of it by having a bath, and Chito's diary was just her realizing she collects too much books (and memories) to keep going. It really felt like all that mattered were Chi and Yuu, the description of the series says it all,
whether they're sucking down their fill of soup or hunting for machine parts to tinker with. For two girls in a world full of nothing, the experiences and feelings the two share give them something to live for...

I really don't want to believe they died, but in the last panel, they show a lump of snow fallen right over where they were sleeping, and their bags are still there.
This has me crying at 3 am man.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread