Give me some good FPS games

Give me FPS games that aren’t your boring point and click like COD

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Try some Fast-FPS like the old DOOM/Quake/Unreal/Heretic/Hexen/powerslave/Serious Sam/Painkiller, or the new ones like Amid Evil, Ion Fury, Dusk, Prodeus, Wrath : Aeons of Ruins. Trust me, they can't be boring. And they're not expensive on GOG or Steam.

Group Leader
1. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
2. Turok (2008)
3. Project Snowblind (2005)
One of my favorite games. There's gameplay video on youtube:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
CoverVideoDesc
Stalker_Call_of_Pripyat_cover.jpg
A classic title
with modding community,
and a new sequel.
Black_Mesa_release_cover.jpg
Half-Life one remake
made by fans with Valve's blessings.
Nostalgic tram ride.
Deep_rock_galactic_cover_art.jpg
Casual shooter
about mining and killing.
Rock and stone, brothers.

Insurgency: Sandstorm for hardcore fps gameplay, and CSGO. My top picks for myself who loves challenge and takes pain as a motivation to try again, really fun.

Dex-chan lover
DRG and BL are solid or even very good games, but I like neither games, and yes I played both of them a lot (in "coop") and all BLs except for the new Tina stand alone thing. Trepang2 has a demo, I played half(?) the demo I think/guess (on very hard, muh skill) and liked it bar a few smaller issues.

Unreal Tournament 2004 is awesome, Stalker is very good (I did not like the story of the first game, guess I don't like the story of the series in general, the books seem much more promising). Well, I enjoyed Shadow Warrior 2 a lot but it also has melee combat and a bunch of skills and can be played very zoom zoom and the itemization (or at least attribute tokens which go into weapons) is, uhhhh, interesting at best, but the amount of available weapons and modifications to change behaviour are top notch.

If you want something fast-paced, give Post Void a try. it's really cheap and really short.

Dex-chan lover
Borderlands 1, 2.
3 if you don't care about story at all and want to enjoy the art style in a more polished aesthetic.

if it's not too late to recommend

if you like story games :

metro series is the best

bioshock series (the gun play is okay but the story is really good)

the darkness 2 (the darkness 1 is on consoles so if you fave and old console is highly recommend 1 too)

Titanfall 2

Wolfenstein series

if you just want a gun goes berrrrrr shooting game:

doom series (especially eternal)

halo series

farcry (they do have a story some are really good but the game-play is winner)

older COD and battlefield games

Dex-chan lover
@ me if you want to know any good TPS games too, as I specialize in those. (I'm not being sarcastic)

Group Leader
@ me if you want to know any good TPS games too, as I specialize in those. (I'm not being sarcastic)
I don't know what system you, and the OP if he still checks this thread, but I'll just recommend some that are multiplatform.

Binary Domain
Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Vanquish
SAO Fatal Bullet

Obviously, no multiplayer for them, but their single player contents are good enough. Just wait for them to go on sale. SAO can be pretty boring at the beginning and at some point in the story, because it has so much pointless dialogue. Gameplay can be frustrating in some instances, but it's a decent game overall. Also serves as a good waifu simulator.

Users who are viewing this thread