Gomi Ika da to Tsuihousareta Shounin, Jitsu wa Zensei Kenja Desu

This is one of the most cliched mangas to ever cliche its way into my reading list. I'll still read it, but it's the standard "butler gets fired for 'incompetence' but turns out to be super strong and was actually single-handedly carrying the whole territory" mixed with a smidge of "sage decided to reincarnate into the future due to troubles in their time", which should be a fine combo, but it somehow feels even more braindead than usual if you think about it (if you're going to read this series, don't think about it).

Why he chose to live as a butler for so long in an abusive household when he had the sensibilities and moral understanding of an adult is beyond me, especially since he reincarnated himself specifically because he had none of the freedom he wanted, but it's not nearly as bad as the FL appearing in the standard alleyway-attempted-rape that these series love to throw into the mix to make our smurf protagonist stand out even more. The logic there was about as forced as what comically standard goon A attempted to do to our poor heroine, where she was supposedly not allowed to fight back against an attempted rape because... she's nobility? And (maybe because it would've taken away the ability for him to show off his crazy 'strongest sage' powers, but) the protagonist didn't deny it so apparently the nobility are fair game for the citizens in the world to commit crimes against??? Doesn't that also make the uber-powerful protagonist's complete and utter subservience even more questionable? Like, that's the kind of world-building you throw in if you want to make a true smurf that just brute-forces everything, but for some reason it's in the standard "servant oppressed by nobility" world? Like how the heck are the nobles going to enforce jack if any random shmuck can drag them into an alley and beat the daylights out of them?

Now that I've got my (unnecessary) thinking out of the way, I may as well give this a quick rating.
To pass the time: 6/10.
To use your brain: 2/10.
I don't quite understand how this is award winning unless they won gold at the "how many cliches can you stuff into one chapter" competition, but considering every book is a New York Times Best Seller, I'll just ignore that like the weird shenanigans going on in the worldbuilding.
such a well written review, really appreciate it

Double-page supporter
I don't think I've ever truly understood what it meant for something to be aggressively mediocre until now. The art style is nice enough, but I'm not convinced that the story isn't literally the chatGPT response to 'write a fantasy manga with the greatest percentage of trope by page length'. What makes it even worse/more entertaining is that whoever is responsible for this doesn't really seem to understand the pacing or point of any of the tropes they're imitating, which only adds to the sheer confusion and hilarious mid-ness of it all. The most 5/10 manga of all time.
i wrote that prompt on the app just for funsies and it gave out a better story than this trash.
This kind of middle-of-the-pack quality is too mediocre to be made by a machine.

which is kind of impressive in its own way ngl

Fed-Kun's army
the "Popular New Titles" thing on the front page really should take ratings into account, feels weird that isekai slop with a 6.2 star rating is the number 1 most popular new title currently

this is the most isekai of isekai of manga out there

another one of those mass produce shit manga
dont bother reading it
watching paint dry is more interesting than this

this should atleast a 7/10, well not as good as Tsuihousareru or Villager A or sum-fantasy-like

Users who are viewing this thread