Goshujin-sama to Yuku Isekai Survival!

Dex-chan lover
People looking at this like Minecraft, when it is really dragon quest builders. And yes, I do know they are close to the same thing.

Supporter
This manga is so cursed that I just want to see more.

Like it's like mindboggling levels of cursed with how blatant Minecraft rip off it is to the point of complete absurdity.

Fed-Kun's army
In terms of copyrights infringement, this is within a legal grey area. The fact that the manga is not using any name directly attributed to Minecraft and the fact that it's a different medium and media makes it legal to use "part" and even "concept" out of it. If this was an actual game, it could have some legal issues, but as a manga there are no problem.

Fed-Kun's army
I forgot to mention that, when I previously stated that it's not using any name directly attributed to Minecraft, people should know that it's 100% legal to use generic assembled names even if they are already present in a game. For example, a "stone axe" or a "crafting table" can't be consider a infringement as those are normal words attributed to the subject. (For the same reason, no company can register an IP with a name that is literally the product. For example, you can't register the name "Frozen Banana" for a frozen banana as an IP, but you could call it "Frozen Deli Banana" or "Icepole Banana" as those are unique interpretation that can't be fully generic.)

Dex-chan lover
@JustNatsuki

Oh yeah it 100% is.
The thing is that, that alone is not enough to be called copyright infringement.
That would be like saying that dead rising is a rip off from Mega man as there is a "blaster" that looks like Mega man´s arm cannon.
Edit: in hindsight, that was a poor example as both games are from Capcom, But oh well.....

It would just go under "paying homage" or the like.
It wont be a problem as long as its only smaller details of the story.
If the people would start being block / sqaure people and stuff aswell, then you might have a problem tho.

Whoa, it's amazing how so many people seem to hate this isekai. Come on people! If you don't like it you can just move to another manga and that's it.
Regarding Sylphy having sex with Kosuke in the second chapter it is explained later, chapter 5 I think. According to the common sense of that world, "political marriages" are normal and based on that common sense, it's normal that she gives him her first time as form of marriage. She does it because she wants to ensure that he, and his manufacturing ability, stay with her. And here comes the catch, since she was a princess of a kingdom destroyed by that "Holy Kingdom" that was spoken of in the first chapter, and she wants or has to get it back and rebuild it. That is one of the reasons why she sleeps with him, the other reasons I think are obvious, in the short time she has known him she has realized that he sees her simply as Sylphy, while the rest of the people see her or as "the problematic little princess" or "THE PRINCESS of our kingdom".

I can understand that those who like the Minecraft game might be offended by this, but I think that if you liked the game so much that you thought it would be a good idea to use it as a base in your novel is a good thing, as long as certain criteria and intellectual rights are respected, I will not go into the question of whether in this case they were respected, I don't know. On the other hand, there are tons of stories that were written based on the D&D game, like The Dragonlance Chronicles or Dragonrealm. Even Gygax, one of the creators of D&D, said that the Conan series was referenced in the making of the game. And there are lots of novels, rol games, video games and manga that use Tolkien's concepts of fantastic creatures and Ursula K. Le Guin's about how magic works, and nobody complains about it!!! 😄

Anyway thanks Galaxy Degen Scans for the hardwork, I hope you keep going with this manga.

Users who are viewing this thread