Gourmet Gaming - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Double-page supporter
First, Thank you very much for the chapter. I sincerely appreciate it.

Second, wouldn't it make more sense to translate Sensei as Doctor or in this case Doc? instead of Teacher or Teach. It's not like that's his teacher it's his doctor. I get in Japanese and Korean it can be literally translated as "teacher" but it just doesn't make much sense in English. We don't have a tradition of calling doctors "teacher"

Also: that fitness trainer is such a Bro. Thumbs up for the good lad. We should all be so lucky to have a friend like that.

Group Leader
That is..... not what bulimia is. the author probably focused on the binging aspect and disregarded the purging aspect, which is core to bulimia diagnosis. regardless of how the MC plays out in the future, the author's little definition in the beginning is flat out wrong.

@IAmInept i tried to join the discord to say this more directly but my browser borked and i couldn't. but anyways i wanna tell you that while i dont know how you feel about altering what the author says in order to be correct, at least a note tacked on in the beginning or end with the correct definition would be helpful.

@bicyclebastard wrong name but a real disease "Prader-Willi syndrome". Also i think one episode of "move that bus!!" showcased that to prevent their child from eating themselves to death they had to legit lock the refrigerator with a padlock

Dex-chan lover
The name might be wrong, but there are indeed cases of a completely unlimited desire to eat. Even less severe cases that work based on impaired metabolism can still result in the same thing, just without the need to chain them to a chair so they won't eat. Life is not great when you're like that.

His OP physical AND gaming skills are more unrealistic than his medical condition.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I don't think his physical abilities are too bad. Muscle and fat are different things, and he probably as quite a few kilos of pure muscle under that fat. I'm not sure how easy it is to exercise with that frame or if he could swim, but couldn't he still work out individual parts of his body with special equipment?

well I'm no expert on health food but if he 'only' eat cherry tomatoes and his doctor didnt tell him to eat other food that contain protein, iron etc... no wonder he fainted. something is wrong with his doctor
or did he only eat pill supplement to make up for it?

Dex-chan lover
Alright training is done now here's a fuck ton of food even though we're trying to make you lose weight......

Power Uploader
@bicyclebastard I'd be happy to leave a TL note, if you can reach out to me on discord: Banchou-sama#0001 id be happy to change it (as Im unsure of how to word it, and you seem far more knowledgable than I)

@Mojo our TL was asked this question, and responded with: Small grammatical errors were done by me as I tend to translate as I go, and I don't really check for too much mistakes as I have a number of people now including a proofreader. (who unfortunately didn't proofread this particular chapter)
But yeah sorry about those mistakes. I'll try to be more dilligent.

The character calls the doctor 'μ„ μƒλ‹˜', which is both 'teacher' and 'doctor' in ways.

'μ˜μ‚¬ μ„ μƒλ‹˜' - Doctor teacher, shortened to 'μ„ μƒλ‹˜'
'μ„ μƒλ‹˜' - Teacher, used for professors in universities but less so.

You could make the arguement that he meant 'doctor' rather than 'teacher' when addressing the doctor, while the title stated that he is the 'Professor' of 'Psychiatry in Seoul University'.
We'll try to be more dilligent in checking our mistakes. thanks for pointing them out.

Can't ya just put a gastric ballon in his stomach so that he feels full to an extent, would help a tiny bit...

Dex-chan lover
@YouKnowImThere the problem is, it's not that he doesn't feel full, but that he compulsively eats regardless of being full or not. And over time, he gained a larger stomach capacity to keep up with his eating.

At least, that's what I believe is what they were saying (and what happened but went unsaid, in regards to the increased stomach capacity)

@Crawlingbear27 I don't think it's 'prader-willi syndrome'. Because PWS not only causes obesity, but also causes lack of intellect and learning disability. Most people with PWS also have short stature. But the Mc is 6'1 and smart. He is good at almost everything he does.

This has got to have one of the most interesting premise in the VR genre. Thanks for the translation.

Users who are viewing this thread