Gunka no Baltzar

i go back to this manga a lot, one of my fave military mangas.
if you want a manga similar to this, Groundless - Sekigan no Sogekihei, is a great military manga about a widow who becomes a sniper.

Group Leader
god I completely forgot about this...
but at the same time, I just don't want to start reading it again given how inconsistent previous releases were...

Dex-chan lover
How can this series be allowed to be posted in this post Trump era? This whole series is promoting Fascism.

Characters like Baltazar and Liebknect might seem like op anime protagonists at first, every event revolves around them and they operate with little oversight, but this is nothing compared to the real generals and officers that lived during this era. garibaldi, bolivar, sydney smith, napolean.

Dex-chan lover
So I curious about something,
who the heck are the valkeries that are always with the first prince? I mean I don't think they're important for the story but still ..who are they?

Dex-chan lover
this is a great series, too bad it's not monthly nor weekly and it's actually released by volumes and volumes drops like once every year lmfao.

Group Leader
@Gambino, don't know where you're getting that information from.
Manga is published in the magazine Comic@Bunch, and that is released monthly. Usually around the 21st. The schedule of the manga itself is erratic though and on average it's one chapter every two months. Depends on the author's pace I guess.
Normal manga volumes usually release twice or so a year, but that depends and changes with how many chapters have been published in the first place. The issue with Baltzar is that the publisher, or someone else, for whatever reason do not release the volumes in digital. Even though the author himself draws digitally. And physical scans are hard to come by these days. (We're working with the magazine digitals right now physicals for now and the pace should be enough to catch up at some point.)

Dex-chan lover
@alexsilener idk, maybe i am wrong since i just checked the volume release dates. With Volume 12 being released in 2019-09 and 13 being released in 2020-12 it seemed like that

Group Leader
Need help in cleaning physical raws for this (even if you only have exp with digitals or know only typesetting, that is fine too). If there's a willing cleaner, contact here or on discord.

It's been a long time since I read this. Uh...when it comes to the tactical war I prefer this over Tanya (what's the title again?), which is way too complex and its presentation is confusing. But on the other hand, Gunka no Baltzar is solid and interesting. I have completely forgotten the plot but this left a lot more of an impression on me.

Users who are viewing this thread