Gyakutaisarete Ita Shouka no Reijou wa Seijo no Chikara wo Te ni Ire, Mujikaku ni Youshanaku Gyakushuu suru - Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
I dislike when stories begins with a spoiler - particularly when the spoiler doesn't happen immediately and seems to not fit the actual story it alluded to (that she broke free through force, instead of being abandoned)
It has only been 10 years
the timestamp says 7 months

Supporter
Not liking those animals in the cover art, bad sign of either “cuddly legendary beast pets” or “cuddly intelligent forest creatures”. Both are staples of the “slow life OP bullshit” genre. But this is also a revenge story, and an overly edgy one at that. We also got a non-diegetic exposition dump solely for not very subtle foreshadowing, though the first few pages of chapter 1 were worse in that regard.

In short, I’m seeing hallmarks of bad storytelling.

Some less cliched ways the story could progress:
-life for the girl isn’t as idyllic as she’d like because she frequently has to hide from inquisitors or whoever
-not being able to speak and having an underdeveloped body remain significant handicaps for many chapters, and she has to work hard to overcome them
-learning saintess magic has to be done via smuggled books, practicing is dangerous because it might be detected
-she has to disguise herself around former family members
-she helps the priest investigate crimes committed against her, not knowing which servants can be trusted
-saintess powers that aren’t just healing and purification
-damage to the mcguffin tree weakens her
-she gets a hobby that has nothing to do with her power or studying, like woodcarving
-any magic contract with a beast significantly reduces her independent magic ability
-the boys that become interested in her aren’t otome archetypes

Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
Slave? What do you mean slave, why are slaves in this story toooooooo, goddamn stop it.

No voice = Will take a too long time before she tells anyone who she is. Because obviously nobody knows other ways to communicate.

"Powerful bishy older man saves little girl that sees him as the best ever" or "prince(older) on white horse" is still popular apparently. Not with me though.

Dex-chan lover
"its the right CHoiCE"
turned me off immediately. slavery is real, but whether or not they save someone, its not about whether its right or wrong nor is it a choice.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes damaged vocal cords so she cant tell the real story, bet its semi permanent.

Also slavery is suddenly a thing I guess, seems forced in with everything we know. Getting the feeling the antagonists will either be forgiven or in the least no real repercussions.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes damaged vocal cords so she cant tell the real story, bet its semi permanent.

Also slavery is suddenly a thing I guess, seems forced in with everything we know. Getting the feeling the antagonists will either be forgiven or in the least no real repercussions.
With the kind of prologue Chapter 1 had, I'm not so sure about that.

And slavery is always a thing in at least 80% of these kinds of stories with a medieval fantasy setting.

Users who are viewing this thread