Hagure Idol Jigokuhen - Vol. 5 Ch. 35 - Hunter of Justice

Dex-chan lover
@Saltyslug5561 Well I do not know. I can call her aggressive, but compared to many other characters in this manga, she's seems just an emotional person lol.

Dex-chan lover
@Odoritomaki I'm skipping class just to read your notes. And I honestly do not regret it, it was surely better than any politics class I was supposed to attend.

On that note: One time I was traveling through USA and had the opportunity to do a small interview with a Karate teacher. I think he was a 6th dan or something like that, so while he didn't live in Japan he had to go at least once or twice a year to report himself to the dojo.

The interesting part comes when I ask for the Dan system and how much time does it take to get to the last rank. He told me that after a certain point, everytime you take the exam they add a year of waiting for the next one. For example, if you are allowed to take the exam in 3 years for getting a certain rank, when you get it the next rank's exam can only be taken in 4 years in that organization.

He also told me there most organizations flat-out add one year for rank acquired since adquiring black-belt. Doing the math, it would mean that it would take 45 years of one's life to get from 1st dan to 10th dan, which explains why only old people tend to have this rankings.

But our Mika here isn't old enough to get those rankings. What does that mean?

Well, there are two posibilities if you think realistically. The first one is that she's the master and creator of her own style, granting herself the highest ranking possible. The other, is that she's precisely a descendant from one of those new style schools and because of that the ranking system is way laxer so they can get as much masters in the style as possible.

Being a 10th dan doesn't really speak in terms of current skill of the practicioner. In traditional styles being a 3rd or 4th Dan is truly the peak on physical ability. The 10th Dan actually is more dependent on representation, perseverance, leadership and study.

Well, sorry for the long comment. I actually didn't say anything about the chapter itself, but it was fun remembering that chat.

The wait for the next chapters is gonna be a long one. Misora’s poor choices reach a new low in the next two.

Dex-chan lover
@Santichai Just this? This whole manga is so inspired by Baki that fans are literally calling the next arc Yuri Baki, lol.

I would say that early chapters were not so obviously Baki-like. But it's increasingly clear how deeply inspired this manga-ka is by Baki.

Dex-chan lover
@justjorge Well, you could say that in one of them her stupidity was shared with Akira, lol. But joking aside, as I said earlier, this repeats the situation with chapters 31-32. Hope these got more feedback lol.

@codetaku Well, almost all of the MA element in this manga is Baki with female characters, and if they are mostly portrayed using Rui's designs, the male characters are mostly copies of Baki's gonks.

Dex-chan lover
I was just waiting for "finish him" announcement. I hope they dig those guys deep enough so that it won't turn out more trouble later on.

Damn, good work in these TL notes. Also the "tonbei mafia" part reminded me a whole lot of "Yakuza 0" .

Dex-chan lover
WOW dude you are a legend among heroes like these TL notes are so packed of information its insane !! kudos to you

@SuperOniichan Miso Ramen holds back in every aspect of her life, even when it's detrimental, like when she didn't go for the blinding shot against the big dicked sumo guy.

Mika has barely any restraint, which ruined her aboveground career. She gleefully did a Mortal Kombat combo exhibition on a random thug, beating the shit out of him so bad the person she was helping told her she went too far. And then went into happy, smiling greeting mode with blood all over her face.

They both use their fists for justice, but Mika is an edgy 90s antihero type and Miso Ramen is a more traditional type. Edgy 90s antiheroes are basically sociopaths pointed at the morally correct targets.

Dex-chan lover
@EcchiT Antihero and sociopath are slightly different things. Wolverine was the ideal of the 90s antihero, but he was just an edgy good guy. I understand your logic, but in this case I would say that she is rather just a sadist. If Misora ​​subconsciously looks for an excuse for silly lewd things, Mika subconsciously looks for an excuse for beating someone's face.

Fed-Kun's army
Well this looks like it's gonna be a fun arc, that x ray brutality btw damn

Why is the karate so good in this

what the fuck

I saw that inside crescent kick and remembered almost getting decapitated by one

even the palm heel shot to the jaw is correct, slamming your knuckles into some dudes square head hurts like a mother fucker, and you don't actually need to hit them that hard in the tooth area so hard target, soft weapon.

Its all been like 75% legit, insofar as any fictional fighting stuff is legit.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the new chapter! Your end notes are truly a labor of love.

Dex-chan lover
@dbdr Rui is a very skilled illustrator when it comes to martial arts. After all, the dude was inspired by Baki, made content for Bamco and at one time could even get into Shonen Jump. Ironically, though, he had a rather complicated relationship with the judo club at his university, lol.

Double-page supporter
If Cynthia-chan was serious, those two guys would became a pork chop in a second.

Users who are viewing this thread