Hagure Idol Jigokuhen - Vol. 6 Ch. 38 - Be Free

Dex-chan lover
Misora ​​go NTR with another girl after blackmail - ahaha, you can fuck a couple of times, shit happens and the idol world is soo cruel.
Misora ​​go alleged NTR with a guy without even any blackmail - you will be raped! Cheating is bad! Thank God that nothing happened, he should be punished!

Previously, this was only implied, but this chapter, especially in combination with the previous one, literally screams "only the relationship between a man and a woman is a serious matter!". Yes, Misora ​​just recently discovered her bisexuality and Akira had reason to worry that her interest in girls was "just a sublimation of sexual desire", but it all falls apart instantly when you recall the previous chapter, where much more egregious manipulation and a SUCCESSFUL rape attempt were portrayed as joke and material for NTR fetish.
I'm not even going to say that Misora ​​would never have been raped by some pathetic britpop asshole, or that turning the always smart and cunning Akira into a pitiful victim was completely implausible, it's just silly. They even follow each other, which makes this hypocrisy even more visible, even if Rui somehow tried to "justify" for cheating in the last chapter.
Thanks for the chapter. Only one thing pleases, it's almost over and soon we will finally move on to the yuri Baki arc, which is almost devoid of this. Eh, almost.

P.S @Odoritomaki I don't think there was much ambiguity here. She definitely had some kind of celeb crush on this guy, but he's a GUY so she would never cheat on Akira with him and as usual on such occasions, she has a highly moral Misora ​​mode lol. As I said, the “that” chapter before the semi-finals will perfectly show how this logic works.

Double-page supporter
OMG. what am i reading? the author as lost the plot. dis shit boring. how do u go from entertaining stories like cynthia: the mission and devilman g to crap like this. Tournament arc hurry up to try and redeem this milk toast , crap manga. I think this shit still on hiatus in nihon. So many of the mangaka's works get canned, rushed or updated at a snail pace. That is what u get. Go back to ur edgy, hardcore roots. Appealing to normies is disgusting.

Thank you for the translation. i appreciate it. Peace and love.

Dex-chan lover
Man, the stones on this guy... he didn't work his way up at all, just wanted to go straight to the top. They say if you aim for the stars, you'll hit the moon, but this guy was brought back to Earth pretty quick!

Dex-chan lover
Stop. I just noticed this when I thought about it and read the chapter again. Deliberately or not, the chapter meant that Misora ​​didn't fuck with him just because she found out in time that he was a married liar? And this is the ambiguity that @Odoritomaki hinted at? Lol, in that case, this makes the chapter even weirder. I can't believe that Rui can not only portray pure sex as a romantic relationship (however, after a couple of volumes, even the characters themselves will comment on this) , but also seriously show that Misora ​​was ready to dump Akira in favor for the first shitty ikemen she came across.

@superoniichan
as we’ve discussed, it’s looking like the tournament won’t even be over until June of next year, and the mysterious benefactor is the most likely person whom Misora will have sex with (I think he’s going to trick her before showing his true colours, leading to big showdown) so in the meantime it’s just going to be Misora making the rounds with any lady who wants to munch on her haha

Thank you for your hard work, tl! However your endnotes are 1/10 in terms of readability - you need to make space between lines of text(leading), as well as margins. Maybe it's some kind of style you like, but it's the same as white text on yellow bg, or overly decorated font. makes it really hard to ride, and it's a pity since tl notes are something I really enjoy in HIJ

Dex-chan lover
@justjorge
Are you saying that my saltiest suspicions were true and that Rui is probably really trying to make the loss of her "real" virginity more precious? I have no problem with bisexual characters as long as the development doesn't suffer from sexism or prejudice, but the way Rui supposedly does it just destroys the logic of the plot at every opportunity.
The only thing I can say thank you for is that Rui is still not trying to erase her bisexuality, although how some characters call her a lesbian because of Akira still hurts my ear.

@superoniichan
im mostly just hung up on the guy referring to misora as his prize. Plus the fact that in their brief confrontation after Misora’s first two matches, he takes her down smoothly. Obvs misora will have gained in strength after she wins the tournament, but I think he’s going to play the friendly card, fuck her, and then reveal what we all have figured out, that he killed her father, leading to the big confrontation. But then again we’re getting an intermission after the semi finals so maybe this info comes out during that

Dex-chan lover
lol Superonichan is triggered out of "their" mind. Read the chapter again: Misora was asked to play bait. She may like their music but she wasn't interested in the guy from the get-go.

Dex-chan lover
@justjorge
In that case, I'm wondering how this might affect our "prophecy" lol. Will she like it and become the second Sarah? Or will she defeat him and it will end like the previous chapter? I would like to believe that Once Again! is actually a stealth sequel to Hagure, but I don't want to believe in something just because I want to.

@Iskarioth We do not know at what stage she found out the whole truth about this guy. And given her initial reaction, it definitely took a while. Not to mention her line and Akira's reaction in the last frame.

@SuperOniichan

It is ambiguous to the reader whether or not she hooks up with the fuccboi, but she knows fuccboi is married and needs to be teached a lesson. Misora and his wife were childhood friends after all, and it would be a bit weird for Misora to not know that a childhood friend of hers is married to a big popstar.

I also think you miscredit the very obvious hypocrisy between f/f and m/f cheating wrongly. These chapters happen right after another and that this is still a parody manga critisizing the adult industry and society as a whole. Rui wants to mirror that in their manga and uses his usual 'show-and-make-the-reader-think-for-themselves'. In general, the plot is secondary at all times and serves more as a backdrop.

There are tons of similar hypocrisies and sexism in relationships and society in general: One western equivalent would be to show a m/m rape implication (in a prison or sth.) in one chapter and play it off as not serious, and in the next chapter show a man taking advantage of a drunk woman and playing it out as horrible. Or how female on male rape is still seen as something impossible, because men are supposed to be always horny and willing.

Don't get too hung up on the characters or plots and read it for what it is, otherwise you will continue to get triggered every chapter

@SuperOniichan
I'm not saying you are not right, but this isn't exactly a bad writing, but characters that have their own personalities. I mean It can anger you, as you dislike this trope, but it isn't unbelievable by any means.
Misora is bisexual, with a preference toward ikemen. The last chapter could be written as a joke, because Akira knew, that despite sex, there was no danger of Misora leaving her. She isn't as much concerned about Misora being used as a sex toy, as she is about Misora finding a boyfriend, because she realizes it's the biggest danger for their relationship. Akira is aware that Misora isn't attached to her as much as Akira is.

Most of the bisexual women choose man, due to stability/society/many reasons. For Misora, being lesbian was weird at first, and it's clear that she isn't that much in love as Akira. And I think it's not as much about "hetero > homo" as about Akira's character, feelings, and fears. It's of course up to the writer whenever he chooses Misora to fall in love in Akira, or find a boyfriend, as for now she isn't written as someone who sees themselves in a homosexual long term relationship. Tbh I really like them as a couple, with Akira brains working hard how to make this relationship work, but I think It's not what Misora is looking for.

Dex-chan lover
@Myorn In such a case, it is also ambiguous how much she was in contact with her childhood friend all this time. If so, why didn't Misora ​​say "I'm close to your wife" at the first meeting? In addition, the chapter mentions at the very beginning that their marriage was a secret.

Oh, I understand very well that this manga was intended to be a satire on the entertainment industry. Some chapters are even too egregious about this. But I also don't think the "Cuties approach" is capable of giving the dark satire in a proper way, rather than just serving as a cover for controversial content. Especially the early volumes echo how fear of men and conservative thinking made Misora ​​eternally horny weirdo who used "forced" sex with girls as an excuse for satisfaction. In the right hands, this could be a good message about sexual suppression, but in the end it looked like this as if Rui deliberately nurtured the character's problems to get the fetishes he needed. It's not hard for me to read this as a relevant message, but the way it's delivered makes it look like the author himself endorses it as a dark joke.

Too late, I've already "read" most of the raws down to the most relevant chapters. So, I've basically come to terms with a lot of this already, although some chapters still remain the trigger for my salt explosions.

Aggregator gang
Everyone here be discussing the morality of this manga while I'm just waiting to reach the tournament arc.

Thanks again for the translation

ko1

After reading the notes, I re-read the song at the beginning and I would never have guessed that it's about Buddha.
Thanks for the translation, it's always nice to have those extra information at the end.

And Oppai Seijin, that's a new word that will be added to my vocabulary.

For those that know more Japanese, can the word Seijin be used in conjunction with anything to describe a person obsessed with something?

Dex-chan lover
@ARRR Above, I already wrote that Akira could really have such a thinking.

But firstly, the previous chapters showed Akira as a very cynical manipulator and molester, who was ready to even abuse Misora's psychological problems to get into her bed. So, how did she suddenly turn into a victim, and moreover, began to beg her to stop, tearfully warning that she could be raped after manipulation? It's even easier for me to believe that it was a plot hole than that Akira is so hypocritical. Secondly, one way or another we are faced with the fact that Akira practically did not see any problems with the fact that Misora ​​was raped by another girl. Yes, she was angry that it was real abuse and we all knew perfectly well that there were no feelings here, but doesn't it create the vibes that Akira is in fine with this while Misora ​​stays with her? However, should this worry us so much after their relationship began with rape, harassment and blatant gaslighting at all?

I'm not even going to say that Rui has never given even the slightest hint that Misora ​​has an ATTRACTION for women, instead it immediately shows pure sex and then calls it romance. Once again, it's not at all difficult to read the intent behind this. But how all this is done as a result is simply awful, and as a result, constantly leads to bad thoughts. For example, I can easily see that Misora ​​is too innocent and pure to cheat on her lover, but when combined with this, their relationship is shown as pure lust or how she "agreed" to be raped after blackmail without even trying to use her karate, accept it is very difficult without problems.

@chusetto You don't even know how much the author supports this thinking, lol. But everything has its time.

@superoniichan I think you’re overthinking it. Misora is basically slutty Goku. She’s dumb as shit but she’ll fight for her friends and try and do what she thinks is the right thing. At first she fought as a way to vent her sexual frustration, but as she’s become more and more sexually experienced that’s kind of changed, at this point even if she seems coerced into banging she’s clearly consenting to it
the next time she fucks the blackmailer she doesn’t even seem to be forced for instance
I even think that it would make sense for her final tournament match to somehow combine her love of sex and violence into some new form of fighting style. This tournament has taken up so much time that I really can’t wait to be done with it and see where Rui goes with the story

Users who are viewing this thread