Hagure Idol Jigokuhen - Vol. 6 Ch. 39 - -Across the line-

Dex-chan lover
@Yotomoe Lol, it's like the KyoAni did Parallel Paradise. However, I will not lie, the Davids could have made a masterpiece out of this. Not least because of Chernobyl on resources like ANN or Anime Feminist after that, lol.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan

I mean, I'm expecting the tournament arc... But every time I think it will start, there's a weird random chapter full of kinky shit again. AND I STILL GET SURPRISED even tho I know that.

And now ghosts. Fuck me, man.

There are only two authors I remember that have really given me that sense of "I wasn't expecting anything and you still managed to turntables, thanks I hate it" which are Fujimoto (Chainsaw Man, Fire Punch) and Dowman Sayman.

Does that mean that I think Rui is comparable to those two on terms of cohesive writing? Nope. Not at all.

Rui going the extra mile showing the body voiding itself after death.

And one thing Rui has on Fujimoto is that his weirdness seems to always be making a statement, wrong-headed as those statements may be sometimes. Fujimoto feels like he just does shit to do shit.

Dex-chan lover
@EcchiT When you see the tournament arc, you will notice that this guy is very fond of naturalism, sometimes very much.

@Raknasuu I could sort this out by doing a spoiler, but I don't want to be an asshole, so I won't lol. Do not worry. Although the first half of the next chapter will be another WTF, the second will kick off the tournament arc and we'll almost forget about the weird shit for the next six months.

I like the "weird shit" ok? It's the only reason I keep reading this series.

The author is great at surprising his audience. Every chapter I feel the urge to drop it and never touch it again but then I realize it's a really good manga (inside its genre, of course). I hope the tournament arc begins soon.

Also, we got a new ghost companion.

Dex-chan lover
Truly did not expect anything supernatural from this manga. A sad little arc so far, tbh.

Dex-chan lover
@lokithus This is called a well-built provocation. You are shocked and say with disgust "what the fuck, dude ?!", but in the end it only strengthens your interest in further reading. You don't have to write an amazing masterpiece like Shakespeare or Balzac to tie your audience to you.

Dex-chan lover
@EcchiT

Yep. Fujimoto, rather than making outright statements, explores premises and themes in a rather subtle way and during pretty large chapter runs (Arcs). But they are definitely there. Rui is more kind of in your face using character dialogues to explore his views, making statements on stuff almost every chapter.

The overarching themes/premises of CSM are "Ignorance is bliss" and "Family isn't defined purely by blood" just to give some examples.
I could say the same about Dowman Sayman, but that motherfucker is so subtle with the themes it becomes fucking abstract. "Shit does shit because of shit" is something that fits them even more than Fujimoto.

@Elianor "weird" is usually a word with negative connotations... Is just that here it isn't the case. It's "good" weird shit. Totally understandable.

@SuperOniichan In fact, do NOT try to be a Shakespeare. The current audiences aren't looking for that, and it's better to find your own identity as a writer even if it's related to weird kinky shit.

Experience shows people happen to be interested in weird kinky shit anyway. Morbo is such a beautiful thing. also let me show my appreciation for holding up on big spoilers once again

Dex-chan lover
@Raknasuu By Shakespeare, I meant that you don't have to make content "objectively" attractive to attract a strong audience. In a sense, even the repulsive one can do the same. For example, if you're not afraid to see some very weird shit, try googling "Green Elephant". This is a Russian arthouse anti-war (seemingly) film that has become extremely memetic for precisely these reasons. Literally 90% of the lines and terms from it eventually became Russian slang for really various stuff.

As for the word "weird", for me it is rather neutral-negative or even neutral. Usually I just don't know how to react to this, it's just that by the time of translation, I had already thought about and studied these chapters from all sides in raws.

P.S. No problems. This chapter has a cliffhanger, so it would be utterly dumb to spoil it even in hidden text.

Dex-chan lover
@EcchiT there was another manga that had ascene where this M guy pays for afull course from an SM queen/domme whatever, and even the extra for the enema.

Only to kill himself after the session was over while she was cleaning up in the shower.

Fed-Kun's army
This never ceases to surprise me lol

Thank you so much for the chapter πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Users who are viewing this thread