Hagure Idol Jigokuhen - Vol. 9 Ch. 57 - The Genius Comes at the End

Aggregator gang
Mao Mao's gonna kick her ass isn't she? The last few KOs were in one chapter, but here it's left ambiguous

@rymar Well Kamp is just someone typo'd Kampf at some point, don't know if it was like that originally or the scanlator.

@lazyoldman Yeah, I was pretty confused by Sektion being used, as it's really only used as well... section. Does make you wonder what made him pick that word exactly, because it is technically a term used for dissecting corpses... but not really something someone ever uses.
He could have potentially meant to use Entscheidungsfaktor (deciding factor), but that doesn't really make much more sense lol, so who knows.

It does make me wonder why mangaka don't just reach out to a German speaker (or whatever language they're using). Surely it's not that hard to find someone willing to help you find the right word. Oh well.

@DjAlexDubCheck

Legend has it that Adolf Hitler was into scat play and Eva Braun indulged his fetishes, but I doubt many historians would agree, or be interested on THAT part of his personal life.

Group Leader
@lazyoldman @rorymercury

Thank you for the input, I edited a few of the pages to hopefully improve the German a little. A lot of people have been blaming the author for bad declensions and what not but it's totally on me translating in a language that I don't speak. All of Dorothea's German this chapter is written phonetically in Japanese, so it's been a huge pain trying to parse how it's supposed to read. It is 100 percent Kampf on page 5, and that's now been fixed. It was written as "Kanpu" so I mistakenly thought she was mixing in Dutch. As for page 10, the Kanji reads "Dissection/Autopsy Decision," and the "German" reads "Zekutsuion Enchiito." That's how I arrived on Sektion even if that usage doesn't seem that frequently used. Enchiito doesn't give me nearly enough context to figure out which of the many similar words I should be using. I changed it to the nominative Entscheid but I don't know if that makes any more sense. As for Naht, it was being used as as a noun {written Naato.) I changed suture to a verb so that the sentence would flow better, but that had the side effect of making the German wrong. Maybe "Shall I used my Naht (Sutures) on you" would be a more correct way to translate it.

Group Leader
@Vengeance22 Oh, I think you're thinking of the Yajima/Prez Sanada flashback chapter. Since it took place 20/15 years before the "present," I had to figure out when that would have been in order to correctly identify the arcade games that were being played. Those flashbacks would have been at the turn of the millenium. Hagure Idol more or less takes place in present time, even though Misora has only aged two years since the start of the manga. Since the tournament has slowed down Hagure's timeline, the manga is probably still in like, 2018 or so.

@Odoritomaki
Oh, from the phonetic Japanese Zekutsuion = Sektion makes sense but Enchiito is just lmao. It would have to be "Enchaito" or something to sound close to Entscheidung so I have no fucking idea what Rui went for here. What you suggested for Naht works totally fine.

Aggregator gang
@lazyoldman It's probably the case of him wanting to have a cool sounding technique name, but too lazy to actually check up the word, so he just used something random that sounded German, many mangaka do that, since their target audience aren't us, but the Japanese readers, who don't get bugged down on small issues like these.

That story at the end reminds me of Manon Rhéaume.

A top female athlete can crush 99% of men, just not the top male athletes.

Dex-chan lover
I never liked the scientific fighter trope. You don't need a doctorate to understand stopping your opponents breathing or causing internal bleeding will end a fighter faster. Every other martial art already does that too.

Dex-chan lover
I'm amazed how much all these fighters manage to stand out. Most fighting manga struggle to give you 8 interesting matches.

Dex-chan lover
@Ironclad If we talk about purely fighting manga, then they have much more interesting battles, at least due to that they are completely focused on battles and basically only consist of them. Baki has become an enduring legend for a reason. On the other hand, who knows what a good fighting series Rui-sensei could have developed if Hagure was also a fully tournament title.

Well, it mostly works if you have a very high speed of thinking and reaction. This will be very useful if your opponent is not a loser who can be stopped with a couple of accurate punches.

@Odoritomaki
I edited a few of the pages to hopefully improve the German a little
Sorry to say, you failed. I haven't read such ridiculous Gelman outside of Typemoon, and that's saying something.

"Kurzester" -> "Kürzester" (or "Kuerzester", the Swiss sometimes use that spelling).

"Sektion Entscheid" makes no sense at all. "Sektionsentscheid"would be a proper word, at least, and would mean either "a decision made by a section" or "deciding whether to dissect" (as well as the "decision to dissect"), the latter being very oldfashioned German most Germans wouldn't understand nowadays. Most Germans would say "Sektionsentscheidung" instead, which has the same meanings. But neither is a common word.

"Naht" The German is correct, but the English grammar is wrong, as "Naht" is a noun, not a verb. It needs to be "Should I put a Naht (surture) on you?", "Should I finish the Naht (surture)?" or "Should I close the Naht (surture)?" to make sense. Which one depends on what verb the Japanese uses.

Users who are viewing this thread