Haite Kudasai, Takamine-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Professional Newlywed, Takane-san

I'm pretty sure any remotely sane normal guy would run for the hills if a girl did the same to him as Takamine does.
You'd never know when she's going to get tired of you and frame you for what she threatened in the first place, much less what she's thinking in general.
You've been subjected to multiple forms of abuse throughout your relationship/friendship/time knowing each other which is a huge red flag, unless you want to be doormat to a possible psychopath for life.
Which brings us to the question:
Why?
Why would she do this to you?
Why would you consider enduring this for longer than you have to, assuming you have no other choice?

The safest option would be to endure until you can run the fuck away and eventually find someone who would heal all that trauma and damage you suffered, because I can assure you, the scars from that would run so deep you'd never trust a woman again if you don't find someone decent to slowly help you recover from all this.
Consider that his stereotype is the type of guy, like most Japanese young lads nowadays, who lacks confidence and is more or less easily subjected to abuse by a more dominant girl, who can and most likely will easily lead him by the nose because he believes himself inferior anyway and would accept all that poor treatment thinking there's never going to be anything better coming to him.

@Tamerlane like you said, we need a rival, who's going to be a decent human being to take him away from Takamine so she and our boi get a wake up call, cause this is just going to end up being a toxic relationship.

Dex-chan lover
Yo, Iron Chef is like one of the OG GIF memes on the Internet....

...holy fuck I'm old

Power Uploader
Yo, I don't know how much bolder she can get without crossing genres for this manga.

T51

Double-page supporter
@FelMisT Yeah I second that. I judt imagine him running out of that place, cause you never know when he's gonna snap, but I guess that'll change this whole story completely, but yeah, ya boi Shirota deserves better than this.

Fed-Kun's army
I call bullshit on that, every teenager would have rocked a raging bonner that would have been impossible to hide.

Dex-chan lover
@Koni Personally, I see it more that Shirota constantly has his guard up than him being dense. He's pretty much like Seto from Anjo-san only Anjou stopped with the mixed signals very early on and started doing her best to break down that she indeed likes him. Takamine will have a sweet moment like chapter 6 where she took care of him while he was sick(even stopped teasing him because he asked her to stop) and then it's right back to calling him a closet and basically dragging him around by the nose and forcing him to do and re-do things to her liking.

Aggregator gang
Wait, people are thinking MC is dense? People, the FMC threatened him with a false rape allegation. The dude is probably EVEN MORE wary of her, because if he plays along too much with this game, she essentially has more ammo against him for blackmail.

@yautja Your inferences from what I've written make no sense and ultimately are completely meaningless objectively. If things had to have realism to be entertaining, fantasy stories would be complete shit.

Anyway, you were judging the readers of a MANGA, people don't go into a light comedy/romance expecting to be told a deep narrative grounded on some sort of didactic purpose. I'm not saying manga can't be realistic but they don't have to be, to be entertaining. If you expect realism out of every story, then read a book. If you enjoy entertaining and weird concepts that wouldn't fly in the real world manga can often be a source of that.

Double-page supporter
@Rinku_kun
What makes no sense and is objectively meaningless is both of your responses to me. You're responding to comments no one has made.
No, being grounded in realism means a series has to be internally consistent and believable, within its own world, so it won't break the willing suspension of disbelief or otherwise bother readers.
You clearly don't know what realism means in any sense, since you seem to think you've not read a manga grounded with it. There's also magic realism for pedants. All fiction needs some realism.

Yea, they also don't go into it expecting psychological torment and rape accusations, not that this is relevant to my initial comment either. No one was talking about a "deep narrative grounded on some sort of didactic purpose", a sentence that has no relation to what I've said or (especially) the words before it in your comment.
Every story has to be internally consistent and logical, IE realistic. If you're arguing manga don't, for no special reason (something you must justify before anyone takes your ridiculous claim seriously), there's no reason for anyone to assume books do. If manga "don't need realism" neither do books.
Come back once you've actually responded to my first comment instead of some delusion, because as far as I'm concerned, everything you and I have both just written is entirely irrelevant to my first comment.

@Yautja Your initial comment was about how everyone seemingly forgot MC was blackmailed into servitude. My response was that the response to his situation doesn't have to be viewed necessarily from a prism of realism. Ultimately, the manga uses a pretty outrageous premise to explore these characters in a light romcom.

Thanks for explaining what you meant by realism as the definiton is "the quality or fact of representing a person or thing in a way that is accurate and true to life", when we're talking about fiction. Being internally consistent and believable are necessary but not sufficient for realism. Something can be both of those things and not realistic, as you describe in your fantasy example. So you're not wrong about stories being consistent but you're also not right about what you mean by realism. Thus, based on the definition of realism, fantasy manga cannot be said to be realistic (they're not true to life).

However, if we take this view of the story being internally consistent, there hasn't been anything so far that has seemed contradictory in the story structure outside of the FMC flip-flopping, however, this seems intentional and more of a build-up to something else. Not only this, but MCs reactions are completely believable and all make sense within the context of someone who is being blackmailed and there is a constant awareness that he might be being tricked and isn't sure what to think. This manga is also a romantic comedy and as such there will exist moments where the story makes less sense for the sake of entertaining the reader.

So no, fiction doesn't need realism, but it does need to be consistent which I never disagreed with.

Double-page supporter
@Rinku_kun
And that makes zero sense and does not respond to my comment at all. It simply does not follow. You're talking about the manga and your faulty understanding of realism, I'm talking about the readers short attention span and attitude.

Yea, simply not true. You need to read the definitions, the 3rd last link and the results of the google search. Every result and author and definition overtly disagrees with you. I listed them for a reason. That's not what realistic means in fiction, it just means true to the life of the world a series is set in, believable, could have happened, sensible, marked by realism. Believable, consistent, realistic, all go hand in hand to some degree. You cannot fully abandon one. Not even in fantasy scenarios, which require some degree of basic realism, or verisimilitude. Realism has such a wide depth of meanings, you don't get to assert which one we are, or (especially) I am, talking about and then pretend that is its only meaning. Doubly so when what you're asserting is not the consensus or even accurate.

Again, entirely irrelevant to anything I've said.

That's part of what realism in fiction is. You asserting otherwise, when the definitions and consensus do not agree with you does not change that. Here's another one while we're at it. A blanket "fiction doesn't need realism" is simply wrong in every way possible. Especially when you have such a rudimentary and incorrect definition / understanding of it.
I like how you've still not justified either of your claims, that manga does not need realism but books inherently do / have it.

Again, come back once you've responded to my initial comment, because all of this is still irrelevant to it. Or don't bother, because at this point I won't regardless of whether you do or not, since you seem adamant on not responding to what I've actually said and not justifying what you've said.

Group Leader
Probably MC doesn't want to let his guard down since he was threatened with rape allegations. Though if my teenager self were him in that situation, I would need a universe-wide of self control for my raging boner. Good thing I'm a 75-year old Mauritian guy now.

Someone invented an elastic wrapper wherein you can be able to have sex without getting the girl pregananant. This is good for young teens and those people who are not yet ready to raise children.

Power Uploader
That's just typical otaku fantasy: an assertive girl taking charge of the relationship, so they don't have to be proactive, but at the same time, she reveres them.

No real value in this manga.

Users who are viewing this thread