Hajime no Ippo - Ch. 1329 - A Request of the Gods

Fed-Kun's army
Ippo's mother never opposed him. She never encouraged it but she never stood in his way.
Ippo's making excuses. He doesn't want to confront Kumi and wants to make himself feel that he did the right call when he quit.
Ippo is scared

Gah, another death flag. By now I'm expecting that either Sendo has to die in his match against Martinez, or Takamura has to either die or get so injured he's forced to retire. Something really heavy for him to want the world title. Nothing else seems to be enough to actually get Ippo back in the ring.

Knowing Takamura, he was probably praying for something stupid like "luck with women" or something, though it'd be nice if he really was praying for something serious.

Obviously Takamura is praying because he is blind in one eye (there have been lots of flags) and thats something beyond his control. Also every panel with Ippo inside is as wasted panel, I just read this to see Takamura's dream come true.

@Piyush123 "Ippo's mother never opposed him. She never encouraged it but she never stood in his way." While that is true, she still needs help with the manual labor part of running her business. Ippo cannot help while being a pro boxer.

Fed-Kun's army
@lyme
That's why i used the scared word. He is afraid, that being one and only support for his mother,if something happens to him, her mother will be devastated. What i hate is how kumi is becoming her 2nd mother. And that's why i like Takamura, he has ambition and burning passion for boxing. I don't hate the decision of ippo, but what we are seeing is just a facade that he is imposing on himself.
The only thing, that can ignite him is either his friends die or hurt very badly in the ring.
@Ceildric
I wish, she never had introduced, just like Sakura from Naruto.

This manga was released 12 years before 9/11 happened 3 years after chernobyl happened. AND IT"S STIL NOT FINISHED. Jesus .....

Dex-chan lover
@maisonaustyn
I say he wins, but barely does it, and during the fight it's revealed what is in Takamura's mind, either his own health and age as a boxer or Kamogawa's, and that's what is going to push Ippo to do it.

Ippo has stopped thinking in the couach for a long time, maybe that is why Takamura asked him that, to know if Ippo cared for the couach as much as he does.

Man I really hope ippo starts to get what takamura is talking about soon. I would say one can only be so dense, but this is the guy who hasn't fully picked up the not so subtle hints of his love interest in 1000+ chapters xD.

Was also pleasantly surprised to see takamura paralleling himself to ippo, but disappointed that he thinks that there is a fundamental difference between them (takamura's focus is boxing, ippo's is the ppl around him). I'm willing to venture if push came to shove and takamura had to choose boxing or the coach, he'd choose the coach, and if he did that, he'd be just like ippo is now in retirement.

RIP coach

At this point I have no idea what might make Ippo return to the ring. It would be tragic and the coach won't fulfill his dream but well...But Ippo really needs something to push it forward.

Takamura was praying for Ippo, not for himself. He wants Ippo to fight for the world title and fill that huge arena in Japan for coach Kamogawa, since Takamura isn't sure how long he can continue fighting at a top level.

ngl I'm sensing a death flag tbh someone close to Ippo may die that may push him hard to go back to boxing.

Dex-chan lover
He just took it home...
I hope the repercussions are a joke later.

Users who are viewing this thread