Hajimete no Gal - Vol. 9 Ch. 82 - My First Job LEWD EDIT NSFW

Dudes really out here mad about manga being edited to be uncensored even though they're probably not paying a single cent to the mangaka or the translators lmao let them do what they want

Double-page supporter
Yea, don't just add edits all of a sudden to a series when the source material didn't have it. Alt chapters are one thing, but completely changing a manga, even a trash one like this, regardless of how clean it is, isn't a good idea.

@Ebot
"YOu DIDn'T pay SO You CANnot criticIZe"

You don't get to complain about them or praise the translation because you didn't pay anyone either. Take your hypocritical fallacy and leave.

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja yEa, DoN't JuSt AdD eDiTs AlL oF a SuDdEn To A sEriEs WhEn ThE sOuRcE mAtErIaL dIdN't HaVe It. AlT cHaPtErS aRe OnE tHiNg, BuT cOmPlEtElY cHaNgInG a MaNgA, eVeN a TrAsH oNe LiKe ThIs, ReGaRdLeSs Of HoW cLeAn It Is, IsN't A gOoD iDeA.

Seriously, you're pathetic. Do you need to go hide in your safe space with your crayons and blanket after seeing some bush?

Just ignore all these little kids bitching about the edit. Do your thing and if they don't want to read it then they can go pound sand elsewhere.

Double-page supporter
@HammerU89
Do you have a point or is it just insults? Still as stupid as ever it seems. Because it seems to me you're just mad someone else has an opinion you dislike and flipped the bs logic some other guy used to try and dismiss it onto him and showed how stupid it is.

Changing a manga for no reason to add something it has no had is not something people want and makes no sense. Seems like you're the one that needs a safe space considering you're using the tried and untrue "iF yOu DoN'T LiEK iT dON'T rEAd iT" that has zero substance as a rebuttal to criticism. Then you followed with "EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT AGREE WITH ME IS A CHILD" shit, another generic one.

Dex-chan lover
MC is starting to realize that maybe not having any goals in life could be a problem if he actually wants to keep her.

I think given that given that this chapter is, in fact, a scanlation and not an official and licensed direct adaption/translation/localization, I think the scanlation team adapting the content is really basically free to tweak things according to their intentions.

No one is "entitled" exactly to this that or the other thing. Yes, I and many other people prefer things in certain ways, but because I'm not scanlating it, its not my call exactly how they should go about that.

Would I be disappointed if, say, "Hajime no Ippo"s scanlators took out anything that could be interpreted as blood or violence above a pg-13 level? Yes. Would I have the right to say "I would prefer it the other way, without the edits"? Yes. DOES THAT ENTITLE ME TO DEMAND CONTENT CREATORS DO EXACTLY AS I SAY?! No.

Think it's interesting that the scanlators here decided to edit in some NSFW content. I can also understand why people might not want that NSFW experience. Further if they don't want to read this group's scans I find that understandable. But someone else's creative endeavors shouldn't be beholden to what other people want. You can't tell Jackson Polluck to start painting like Monet just because you like and appreciate the latter more than the former. You can't tell Tarantino not to make "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" just because he's making a fictionalized film about real events and not a literal documentary. You can comment on the value, or lack thereof, you find in a work, but I don't find it useful to suggest it ought not to exist without really making a strong, succinct argument.

Do you want no nipples in your ecchi comedy? That's absolutely fine. Find the raws and recruit a team to make your own scans. People probably want that.

Now this turns into a whole 'nother can of worms if you want to talk about something being an direct non-native language version of a work that is intended to match the original artist's vision, something I would argue a scanlation need not be.

Dex-chan lover
@blue6 They are absolutely allowed to demand whatever they want. They are being assholes when they do so, though. And the content creators are absolutely allowed to tell them to take a hike.

1. It's not "uncesnsoring," it's editing the original material
2. how is it entitled to ask for someone to do less work
3. the edits are honestly pretty low quality and stick out way more than they should
4. if you really want to make the edits just host them on your own website to drive traffic there

Dex-chan lover
Dudes over here literally losing their shit over edited nips, why? Chill out people.
That being said, I read this chapter earlier and didn't even notice the edit, neither did I get surprised over it, maybe I've gotten used to seeing nips in manga.

I prefer nsfw version (even if edited).
But completely understand why some people are mad.

So, a humble advice from me.
Make nsfw edits, but release unedited version first, then edited one (or both at same time), if you can and will ofcourse.

Everybody complaining about the edits.... and here I am thinking this was a pretty great chapterNoticed the edits but didn't pay it any attention, hentai has dulled my senses lol

Users who are viewing this thread