Happy Holidays: Server Upgrades and Rule Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Good changes but the timing is a bit unfortunate. Only the most hardcore weebs of us will spend time here during this day. Btw can you also ban comments attacking users who are reading a type of manga in the comments section of the manga? The comments section of a big portion of gore and ecchi manga have turned into cesspools of rants about fans of the genres. Merry Christmas everyone!

Contributor
Merry Christmas to everyone in the EST timezone! EST rules!
And to everyone outside it too!
2.6 Uploading a scanlated chapter before the official raw chapter is released in the original country is prohibited, unless an appropriate delay is used.
3.2.7 Adding extra page(s) to chapters for the purpose of crediting scanlators or translation notes is generally OK. Extra pages which contain extraneous political content, agendas, propaganda, commentary, race-baiting or content that could be construed as offensive may be removed by staff. Extra pages are also subject to the same standards as listed out in section 5.1.
Fair first addition, but I think the second one will trigger a shitstorm as soon as everyone is back from the holidays. Not that it affects me since I'm mostly just a reader.

@Yourself
The timing reminds me about how one of our ex-presidents used this time of the year to abdicate without much bad press because everyone was recovering from holidays.
Btw can you also ban comments attacking users who are reading a type of manga in the comments section of the manga?
Isn't that already covered by the civility rules?

Contributor
@Dorfanorf
Probably whether it generates 4 or more pages of discussion in the comments for the chapter.

@derpdederp
I also don't get it. Nobody complained about that one fanfic where a girl started working for the front company of an actual neo-nazi operation, and that was in a place where anything political was policed hard.

Power Uploader
@kenx Indeed, telling the truth is now against the law. In fact you're now mandated to lie lest you hurt the feelings of certain protected classes. This is just a chinese manhua forum but still we all know the double standard being applied at all levels of society. If you're worried about bad things happening, shutting down dissenting viewpoints you don't like is not how you stop it. Because they see the hypocrisy.

Staff
Admin
mxjoqnJ.gif

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the updates.
I’ll mention this before the whole free speech thing takes over.........
lgwjjessdh9wrmo9amzu.png

Fed-Kun's army
@Ixlone Ha! That GIF made my day.

-----------------------------

Glad to see the first change. I feel like the early releases were just a huge target on the site and not worth the risk.

Pretty neutral on the second. I am glad to see that it isn't a blanket ban on political commentary/talks and I think it is pretty reasonable. No need to try and start a political discussion on a SOL manga.

Aggregator gang
Seems like a good update all around.

...Provided it's enforced properly. And that itself can create another storm depending on the group/scans in question. There's also those who somewhat egg on such behavior, as seen in other comments here, which begs the question "so why are you on a manga scanlation site that's actually trying to do things fairly if you're clearly here for petty drama?". I do understand "why" for the question I ask mind you, in addition to what's typed out not encompassing all thoughts per person... but there's tons of other places for drama if you really want that.

Personally, I doubt it's the aforementioned r-man scans so much as k & friends. At least as far as recent trends go and for what I've seen.

Happy holidays and merry xmas to all.

Dex-chan lover
I'm also not a big fan of the second rule, but if that's what the people want that's what the people get I suppose I just wonder how long till
something else get censored.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what you expected, when you're trying to censor the public's thoughts and opinions.
So what they said something you didn't like in one of their credit pages? Nobody's trying to shut you up for your bad opinions.

And yes, they are bad.
If people don't like something, they can avoid it on their own.
Nobody is forcing you to consume content you don't like, and nobody likes it when you force EVERYONE to avoid content that YOU don't like.

Always good to see good changes in the rules.

Hope you and yours have a safe, and happy, holiday season, no matter what you celebrate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread