Happy Holidays: Server Upgrades and Rule Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know...

With the 2nd rule, we moght have lost another good Scanlator in the site!

It is the Jaimini's Box situation all over again!

Rapeman said he's not going to post anything here anymore because of this!

Now who is the one who is going to replace him on translating the stuff that I read!?

Worse case scenario, he might remove his TL chapters in the site just like JB did!

Are people really can't ignore his "problematic" TL notes!?

This feels like censorship to me!

Dex-chan lover
@Renko Rapeman's "jokes" are tasteless af and you do know there are limits to which a person can stand right? Try making rape "jokes" to a sexual assault survivor, or make that stupid terrorist "joke" with a Christchurch mosque survivor, see how it goes? I used to study in NZ, I have friends freaking live near the mosque attack. Everyone was shaken and here he was making "jokes" about that incident. If you can ignore that kind of translator, feel free to support his works somewhere else.Not like there are any lack of mangasites that still keep his credits

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Friendly Neighborhood Mod here.

Just a reminder to keep discussion civil. Rapeman is a...polarizing figure, which is probably the kindest thing I'll ever say about him. I've made no secret of my distaste for his credit pages and I quite frankly believe that he doesn't belong on MD.

However, while discussion might get heated, be sure that you are following rule 5.1 and its corollaries when you post.

@Yatsuki

Why are people even bother to read them though?

If they really can't take it and are so offended, they can simply make it go away by not reading the TL notes and clicking to the next chapter!

It's that simple!

I can't believe some people here are so thin skinned...

smh

Dex-chan lover
@Renko It is not about how thick or thin skinned people are, it's about their own values and limits. You're ok with ignoring the whole stupid "jokes" and offensive material even when it could one-day target you? Sure, as I said, go read his work. I and a lot of other people are not okay with it, that's why we block him and don't read his translation.

This is also my personal stand but I refuse to read any more of Nobuhiro Watsuki's works, even threw away my 2 copies of Rurouni kenshin because I don't want to support a pedophile author.

Dex-chan lover
@renko

Won't somebody please think of the edgy racists.

All what rapeman did was vomiting his shity nazi/incel progranda on mangadex and the comments related to that showed pretty much what kind of audience that attracted.

Oh and please don't even start with the "its just dark humor" or w/e defense.

@Renko

The crux of the problem here, which was addressed in OP, is the fact that: "Political discussions, and hell, any kind of discussion, has a place and a time." Keep political/controversial commentary to the general forums, where it belongs, if the manga/manga chapter talks about a political issue, or anything that could (And most likely WILL) cause a shitstorm, then good, go ahead and debate/talk about it. Just don't insert it where it Does Not belong naturally (Aka forcing it, because at that point you're fishing for a reaction, that's it.)

Is it so hard to understand? Is it so hard to fathom that, by bringing up a controversial subject a shitstorm will ensue? Is it really? In this day and age when literally a celebrity farts and people on twitter or whatever start trying to burn that person on a stake? Come on, you know it's just sensible to do what they're doing which is to say: "Keep it where it belongs, thanks."

@Yatsuki

@Sabin

@Tromend

I respect your beliefs and choices then.

But as for me, I tend to "seperate the artist from the art" so to speak.

I don't support Rapeman's offensive drivel but if it wasn't for his TL works I wouldn't have discovered and enjoyed some of the manga that I'm reading to this day!

Can't we have a block feature instead so those who do not want to see the chapters of a TL group won't show up to people who do not want to see them?

Dex-chan lover
@Renko We have a block feature. You can block a group and their scanlation works won't show up at all while you're logged in. That's what I did with a bunch of troll groups, SSSSS, Rapeman etc Out of sight out of mind

@Yatsuki

Then why make this 2nd rule then if people can just block Rapeman?

Out of sight, out of mind right?

Because the Administrators of the site want to keep comment sections focused on the subject matter.

Again, this is not about whatever they're talking about, or censoring someone's work, its about Proper Timing and Proper Placement. Keep it where it belongs. it's not like people, ANYONE (I don't care who they are), don't have a place in this platform for those kinds of topics. They do, which is why they're telling everyone to "Keep it where it belongs." Why is it so hard to understand? It's not a, "Don't talk about that shit in my platform" it's a "Put it in its rightful place, damn it."

I really can't explain it any better, seriously, it escapes me how to put it any simpler than this.

Dex-chan lover
@Renko You know what, in an ideal world, everyone would do that and it would be awesome. I actually recommend to everyone to block groups or users whose behaviour you don't agree with/can't stand. However, the fact is that there are always new people coming to check out his translation, and as he continues to bring in his offensive and rotten viewpoints, it creates unnecessary drama that mods have to deal with.

At the end of the day, remember it's Mangadex's rules and it's their rights to adjust and enforce those rules. If you disagree with it, you are more than free to take your business somewhere else, there are tons of other manga sites out there that don't do any kind of moderation that rapeman is free to spread his view. Mangadex could even remove his chapters for him if he doesn't want his translation to remain on the site.

@Yatsuki

But there is no other site like Mangadex.

And I don't want to visit & suppport sites like Kissmanga just so I can read the manga that can't be found here.

Some of the manga here have none to incomplete chapters due to the issues with the TL groups.

Are there any new groups who are willing to replace the missing chapters then!?

It's sad and riduculous!

I'm going to be devastated if the early chapters of Murenase! Shitton Gakuen by Rapeman is remove in the future because of this.

It is one of my long time followed manga since its first 5 translated chapters.

😭

Fed-Kun's army
Only snowflakes want safespaces. There should be no censorship. Go all left or right all you want. No one gives a shit about credit pages.

Rip rapeman, I didnt agree with your cries for attention but they didn't trigger me either.

Now on to kissmanga to pick up Yuki Onna and ReMonster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread