Happy New Year: Temporary Shutdown and Site Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’

Dex-chan lover
Why a vague start time? I think you should change the block announcement (above the top chapters) from "a short period " to three days. To me short is an hour or two at most.

Is there a way to get some technical insight about how MangaDex's infrastructure has evolved. At which limit the admins decided to restructure their network and some other numbers and how they restructured the new system?

is a Reindeer
VIP
@foxtrot22 simple webserver + image server, extremely slow
to webserver + dedicated db server + image server when the site was slowing down on basic browsing
to webserver + dedicated db master server + db slaves + image server to fight against ddos
to webserver + dedicated db master server + db slaves/image archive servers + main image server because one image server couldn't handle the amount of connections being made

we make upgrades like every additional two million visitors I guess. currently at 11 million

Thing like this and also others (MD turn official possibility, surge of english manga publishers and also DMCAs resulting in site's death) is what makes you to start reconsidering learning the language itself from now.

Anyway, 3 days of no MD doesn't make any difference at all to me; I mean, most manga these days follow the same template anyway like school battle harem shit, over-saturated isekai garbage, self-insert harem MC and you name it.

Thanks for the update! I won't be surprised now if I can't access the site.

Dex-chan lover
We'll all migrate to hitomi then... lo/ ok ... Guess I'll work- pffft who am I kidding? time to finish some pending games in my harddrive!

Fed-Kun's army
Guess I'll hibernate for a few days.
Joking, joking. I've got a lot of light novels to catch up on so I'll be alright.

Dex-chan lover
welp seeing as how the pages just stopped loading now, i guess it went down

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for all your hard work. Fingers crossed that the update goes well, and is finished sooner then est time! :p.
Happy New Years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread