Happy New Year: Temporary Shutdown and Site Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, 2020 is off to a bad start.
Flood, blackout, and now i can't access MD for 3 days, i'm doomed

Thanks for all of your hard work though, i hope the server change will go smoothly without any hitch

Welp

Guess I'll hang around the discord server, always good to discuss manga

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the announcement. Take your time. But, 3 days huh... Should I binge some anime then?
(...) because our host is no longer able to support us and we need to move to a new hosting service.
Is it perhaps because of storage capacity/bandwidth? I'm not familiar with these things, but I hope it's not pressure from you know who....

Oh, and Happy New Year to the team and everyone, scanlators & readers!

Dex-chan lover
I guess I'll have to be a productive member of society for a bit then.

Carry on the excellent work!

Dex-chan lover
oh no, when will this start? i need to finish... things

@Su_37 i see a fellow heavily rained citizen, except mine doesn't flood... or having blackout... at all. Shall your grief won't linger long with you

Will chapters still be uploaded during the downtime?

If so then I can binge read when it goes live

@Nick86 My guess would be bandwidth versus storage. All the manga peeps be using all the widths up....

Happy New Year all!

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Nick86
Don't know, we're just following the message they told us

@DVeils
Yotsuba is the best

@CoolOtamegane
We don't know an exact time, it'll just be as long as it takes for us to migrate. It's not a long process, so don't worry about it too much.

@Aryrha @phoenix_eD
We push about 1-2 pb of data a monthish in total, I guess. Not a huge lot, especially when compared to video streaming services. Total storage ain't a big issue either, MD fits in like 9 tb of storage lol

@2251997
No heteros allowed in 2020, everyone's homo now

@MisakaxMisaka
No, the site's gonna be down

Contributor
I see, believe something different but guess is not the case. Oh, and happy new year to everyone too.

@Plykiya Thanks for the update. So, it sounds like we do not use enough. I will do my best to use as much bandwidth as possible and get us to streaming video usage levels! 😁

Dex-chan lover
72 hours huh? I guess I could finally go back to reading ebooks/light novels in the interim. Have a huge backlog that I've been neglecting because I keep grabbing new series to read in-between doing surveys and just general downtime here.
Happy New Year and hope everything goes smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread