Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Older? Sure. Wiser? LOL No!

No offense, but do you have autism? You have an out of this world response making it seem like you haven't experience the outside world.

Mofo has been at it for hours on end. Makes me question if he has a life or career outside of being correct 🤓 in this damn forum LMFAO

Blaming sexism when I and a majority of people would heavily scrutinize the girls if they were men. It's not like homeless shelters exist...
I am sorry your life is so jaded and cynical you have to assume cruelty and poisoned apples are all you get when you reach out a hand to people and have only have the sourest of closures to relationships because you cannot pick good people to be a part of it nor continue to, like adults, break it off amicably.

I think this manga, generally speaking, is supposed to be at least in this instance be a moment where the "Best of a bad thing" occurs as this clearly isn't some psychological think piece on isolationism and absurdism to the extent of where altruistic tendencies meets idiocy. But you can't get past fiction and are stuck spewing vile insults at people because your worldview cant cope with a fictional work....How sad is that?

You are like those people on twitter and tumblr unable to cope with existing characters having different skin, beliefs, or bodyshapes and start attacking people because "ITS NOT REALISTIC".
To them and to you I say...

Don't care + didn't ask + ratio + you fell off + cope + seethe + mald + dilate + L + hoes mad + W + cry about it + stay mad + touch grass + pound sand + skill issue + quote tweet + get real + no bitches? + banned + cancelled + suspended + terminated + deleted + kys + you're* + not funny didn't laugh + radio + the audacity + go outside + cringe + get clapped + triggered + ggez + cap + whipped and nae nae'd + i own u + fatherless + motherless + brotherless + motherless + familyless + what the dog doin + reported + blame will deez + it wasn't me + unfunny + rejected + invalid opinion + clout seeker + get rekt + who asked + dead channel + the hood watches ishowspeed now + caught in 4k + ligma + retweet + benched + wrenched + boomer + did your mom + clown + basic + get good + ad hominem + typo + repelled + ur pp smol + drink bleach + redpilled + unsubbed + wait i never was subbed in the first place + lol + simp + sussy baka + straight cash + free + freer than a private dark auction + dogwater + ricewater + catwater + potatowater + onionwater + zero earned + zero pr + zero awareness + zero braincells + you're lost + more lost than a blind kid in a mcdonalds playplace + added to my cringe comp + nft owner + sex offender + sex defender + mad cuz bad + karen + log off + go commit die + braindead + sub bot + failed school + get a life (that doesn't suck) + blocked + pedo + zoo + you are going to brazil + can't touch this + retarded + splish splash your opinion is trash + opinion rejected + genshin player + league of legends player + counter ratio in advance + get sticked bug LOL + talk nonsense + trump supporter + your’re a full time discord mod + grammar issue + nerd + clapped + + lorem ipsum dolor sit amet + bleach + lol + done for + don't give a damn + get a job + sus + baka + sussy baka + get blocked + mad free + freer than air + furry + rip bozo + you're a (insert stereotype) + reported + ask candice + ez clap + straight cash again + idgaf + ratio again + stay angry + read FAQ + you're lost + you “re” + stay pressed + reverse double take back + pedophile + cancelled again + your dad + slight_smile + aired + cringe again + Super Idol的笑容 + yb better + i won

I am sorry your life is so jaded and cynical you have to assume cruelty and poisoned apples are all you get when you reach out a hand to people and have only have the sourest of closures to relationships because you cannot pick good people to be a part of it nor continue to, like adults, break it off amicably.

I think this manga, generally speaking, is supposed to be at least in this instance be a moment where the "Best of a bad thing" occurs as this clearly isn't some psychological think piece on isolationism and absurdism to the extent of where altruistic tendencies meets idiocy. But you can't get past fiction and are stuck spewing vile insults at people because your worldview cant cope with a fictional work....How sad is that?

You are like those people on twitter and tumblr unable to cope with existing characters having different skin, beliefs, or bodyshapes and start attacking people because "ITS NOT REALISTIC".
To them and to you I say...

Don't care + didn't ask + ratio + you fell off + cope + seethe + mald + dilate + L + hoes mad + W + cry about it + stay mad + touch grass + pound sand + skill issue + quote tweet + get real + no bitches? + banned + cancelled + suspended + terminated + deleted + kys + you're* + not funny didn't laugh + radio + the audacity + go outside + cringe + get clapped + triggered + ggez + cap + whipped and nae nae'd + i own u + fatherless + motherless + brotherless + motherless + familyless + what the dog doin + reported + blame will deez + it wasn't me + unfunny + rejected + invalid opinion + clout seeker + get rekt + who asked + dead channel + the hood watches ishowspeed now + caught in 4k + ligma + retweet + benched + wrenched + boomer + did your mom + clown + basic + get good + ad hominem + typo + repelled + ur pp smol + drink bleach + redpilled + unsubbed + wait i never was subbed in the first place + lol + simp + sussy baka + straight cash + free + freer than a private dark auction + dogwater + ricewater + catwater + potatowater + onionwater + zero earned + zero pr + zero awareness + zero braincells + you're lost + more lost than a blind kid in a mcdonalds playplace + added to my cringe comp + nft owner + sex offender + sex defender + mad cuz bad + karen + log off + go commit die + braindead + sub bot + failed school + get a life (that doesn't suck) + blocked + pedo + zoo + you are going to brazil + can't touch this + retarded + splish splash your opinion is trash + opinion rejected + genshin player + league of legends player + counter ratio in advance + get sticked bug LOL + talk nonsense + trump supporter + your’re a full time discord mod + grammar issue + nerd + clapped + + lorem ipsum dolor sit amet + bleach + lol + done for + don't give a damn + get a job + sus + baka + sussy baka + get blocked + mad free + freer than air + furry + rip bozo + you're a (insert stereotype) + reported + ask candice + ez clap + straight cash again + idgaf + ratio again + stay angry + read FAQ + you're lost + you “re” + stay pressed + reverse double take back + pedophile + cancelled again + your dad + slight_smile + aired + cringe again + Super Idol的笑容 + yb better + i won
I'm sorry about your stroke.

So I read ahead the raws but this is weird.

Apparentely the girl is 14. But it is said in a quick blurb by the mom in a conversation she is not present in. The woman kyou is being set up as a complete unreliable narrator. The girl is in middle school but her being 16 and held back isn't impossible and the mother is just lying.

If she isn't lying, it's just a weird manga premise. Her husband or the father of the kid isn't being brought up and she just shows up in his backyard one day.

If she is the protagonist daughter, it just makes the woman seem like a bitch for hiding it. If she isn't, then she's just freeloading and taking advantage of an ex that still has feelings for her. This manga has the romance tag after all.

Dex-chan lover
So I read ahead the raws but this is weird.

Apparentely the girl is 14. But it is said in a quick blurb by the mom in a conversation she is not present in. The woman kyou is being set up as a complete unreliable narrator. The girl is in middle school but her being 16 and held back isn't impossible and the mother is just lying.

If she isn't lying, it's just a weird manga premise. Her husband or the father of the kid isn't being brought up and she just shows up in his backyard one day.

If she is the protagonist daughter, it just makes the woman seem like a bitch for hiding it. If she isn't, then she's just freeloading and taking advantage of an ex that still has feelings for her. This manga has the romance tag after all.
I think there's been enough hints that he's likely her dad. Their eyes look similar and they have the same personality, and mom wants them to get along. We don't know the circumstances about how they broke up, but considering they're still friendly with each other, and he seems to have lingering feelings for her 17 years later, my guess is that it wasn't on a bad foot.

My guess would be that she probably either got pregnant right after they had broken up and didn't want to burden him with it, and had her daughter outside of a hospital and wasn't registered until two years later so she's actually 16. Or parents went the shamefur dispray route and took her away and said that she shouldn't burden the guy. Some people have suggested they had a one night stand he doesn't remember or something.

Yes. I got that. Don't worry. I'm telling you that that regardless of what the author's intent is, he drew a disturbingly accurate depiction of a toxic narcissist. From showing up like nothing happened to pressure a doormat ex to fund her failed life, to coming up with an obvious lie as a pretense (Which we know is a lie, since she acknowledges that she'd brought her clothes before he even agreed), to the attitude, etc. If the author had gone to the SSM channel and picked out one of the horror stories, then taken out all the drama surrounding cheating, you'd be left with this exact woman.

Again: I know the author wants to paint her in a positive light. But much like in Sono Bisque Doll, Keikenzumi, or Hajimete no Gal. the author is painting a garbage woman as sympathetic and likeable.

Thing is that "this extreme" is literally indistinguishable from malice. At some point, your intentions don't matter. We've crossed that point right at the start.

Yes. No shit. But until the author tells us why this particular parasite isn't maliciously evil, all we have to work with is real-world logic. Just like with every other story ever. Just because magic exists in a story doesn't mean I'm suddenly going to ignore characters teleporting around off screen before teleportation magic is introduced.

I don't completely disagree. I have certainly seen a few things happen to friends of mine (both men and women) where their partner takes advantage of them, or their exes are a total pain in the ass, and in some ways none of it was as silly/sad as showing up for a favor 17 years after the relationship has ended with no contacts during that time whatsoever.

Still, I think there is enough leeway, given how ditzy she is portrayed so far, to pull a "she was just that desperate while also being a klutz", it's just that the plot hasn't done any of the legwork. Intent matters, and if someone is being this stupid, it should be up to the protagonist to say "no, at least not until you give me a good reason" and then maybe have a proper conversation about the situation like adults.

The fact that he goes along with it so easily is the really weird part. Someone in a tight spot making a stupid, selfish attempt at getting what they need without actual malice isn't necessarily unbelievable.

Note that I am not trying to defend the plot, I am just saying the characters could have been salvaged even with this bad start, if the author wanted to, but there is no indication this is the plan.

Double-page supporter
I take offense to that. Even an autist like me knows better.
As a fellow autist who personally also considers the implications of this setup to be... uncomfortable I'll leave a humble recommendation to you and everybody else not to overdo it. I don't think gender stereotypes and societal injustices rise or fall with manga plots. Crusading should be done in court rooms, engaging in flame wars benefits nobody.

There are apparently people in real life who would take these two in under these circumstances, there are others who wouldn't (maybe based on irl experiences and maybe not), and there are probably others like me who would rather take in a random homeless old man since he couldn't possibly be more dependent and ungrateful than these two um, visitors(?) here. I'll just accept that and move on, live and let live, agree to disagree with people with different opinions here. Stand by my opinion that I find the set-up offputting and none of the three characters likable, but won't impose my opinion on anybody else.

I'm out, I'll read an actual cookbook. Peace.

Dex-chan lover
Older? Sure. Wiser? LOL No!

No offense, but do you have autism? You have an out of this world response making it seem like you haven't experience the outside world.

Mofo has been at it for hours on end. Makes me question if he has a life or career outside of being correct 🤓 in this damn forum LMFAO

Blaming sexism when I and a majority of people would heavily scrutinize the girls if they were men. It's not like homeless shelters exist...
Ikr. It's tedious to read ad nauseum the same arguments.

People defending this FMC(?) have a positive view on the MC's actions and the FMC(?) unknown motivations.

People criticizing this FMC(?) have a negative view on the MC's actions and FMC(?) unknown motivations.

Is not that difficult guys. Some of us think differently about it. But we all have something in common: we don't even know what the hell is going on because the author purposely omitted a lot of important background information and whether you like it or not that's bad writing.

Plus there is no need to go to the personal insults and assumptions from both sides of the argument. Just stay in the topic of this controversial manga is what I propose.

People defending this FMC(?) have a positive view on the MC's actions and the FMC(?) unknown motivations.

People criticizing this FMC(?) have a negative view on the MC's actions and FMC(?) unknown motivations.

Is not that difficult guys. Some of us think differently about it. But we all have something in common: we don't even know what the hell is going on because the author purposely omitted a lot of important background information and whether you like it or not that's bad writing.

Plus there is no need to go to the personal insults and assumptions from both sides of the argument. Just stay in the topic of this controversial manga is what I propose.
If Communists could discuss things reasonably and honestly they wouldn't be Communists.

I think there's been enough hints that he's likely her dad. Their eyes look similar and they have the same personality, and mom wants them to get along. We don't know the circumstances about how they broke up, but considering they're still friendly with each other, and he seems to have lingering feelings for her 17 years later, my guess is that it wasn't on a bad foot.

My guess would be that she probably either got pregnant right after they had broken up and didn't want to burden him with it, and had her daughter outside of a hospital and wasn't registered until two years later so she's actually 16. Or parents went the shamefur dispray route and took her away and said that she shouldn't burden the guy. Some people have suggested they had a one night stand he doesn't remember or something.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it's something like that.

The manga is 100% weirder if she is not his daughter. But either way, the woman doesn't come out well cause she is lying about it

Incels going nuts in the comments b/c dude cooked a meal for an old acquaintance and her daughter and is letting them stay at his house for a bit while they're in a tough spot.
Hilarious, but real. Maybe it's my life experience speaking that the first thing that came to my mind is not that she is trying to scam him or mooch off of him (people take different approach then, they almost immediately dump very good sob story as well), but she is either running away from pretty bad domestic abuse (her being uncomfortable at the end of the last chapter for instance or how untrusting, thorny, informed about booze, but at the same time very caring for her mother the girl is) or that their house burnt down and they lost most of their possesions and he is their lifeline (line about her apartment being rebuilt). Even then who knows if they are really going to prey on him. It's been literal hours since they met and it's getting late, so that discussion can wait. Also treating an old acquiantance, hell, old flame to a dinner and letting her stay a night when she is in a tough spot is just good hospitality, but I guess some people are just too bitter and jaded for that

Dex-chan lover
I just hate the author for writing in such an annoying way.

I think key problem of this is the mother just had to be the god damned airhead type which is supposed to be funny and cute.
The dude being lonely is fine. If only he didn't act like a pushover.
The daughter and her brattyness is annoying but its still reasonable. But based on the spoilers, why the hell did the author choose to complicate it? Shes acting like a god damned airhead again. Ig it fits how annoying the premise is but god.

I would have loved this one more if author toned down on the airhead ness and give it more of a realistic behavior like shame and refrains on another person's house. I think the daughter is acting realistic enough but the mother needs to be holding onto the reigns of her brattyness.

Also the joke wasnt that funny. Plain water as a prank? wheres the funny? The gag of "Aw, getting along well aren't you." and then a sync denial is old. But ig fits the intention of trying to make the dude and daughter have invisible affinity/connection/similarities.

Very annoying. But some parts are cute tho with the daughter. Mother just pure stupid tho.

TBF, there are only two short chapters posted. That would be less than 10 even 5 minutes read in an actual manga booklet, literal sneak peak at the story. The story where only a few hours passed and is getting late, so discussion like that can wait a bit or after the kid goes to sleep. Also many, many other well-liked and praised works took far more to estabilish the plot or provide background. We just don't have enough to go on. That's the downside of reading or posting manga online I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread