Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
That's a problematic question because there are only 2 outcomes:
  • Kid isn't his, meaning he is being taken advantage of
  • Kid is his, meaning he is being taken advatage of AND the person taking advantage of him also kept his child from him all her life
The only way the kid could be his is:
  1. Gestation took at least 3 years,
  2. She saved some of his semen and inseminated herself after around 2-1/2 years,
  3. He contributed to a sperm bank and she was inseminated with that (and I think those are anonymous), or
  4. Someone else collected his semen without his knowledge and inseminated her with it (with or without her knowledge).
(1) isn't possible, (2) would require professional preservation, (3) is reaching pretty far, and (4) would require a conspiracy (and for what goal?).

Dex-chan lover
His ex's daughter is too old to be his so technically he can play at winning her over and turning her into his new young wife. That would be the ultimate revenge for his ex leaving him.
Wouldnt it be the oposite since she's too young? She's like 14 atm.

Supporter
He better has, considering how shameless she is 🥲

After all looking at the conversation with the friend in the previous chapter she is the one who dumped him and then up and left, while getting pregnant by someone else relatively soon, since nothing was said so far I'll just assume it's not his kid, until proven otherwise
"relatively soon"

~3 years

Granted, I've had a dry spell or two like that in my time, but that would obviously be a dry spell.

She moved on properly, he clearly still hasn't, he's not the father of a kid born three years after they parted. Any further assumptions lack evidentiary basis.

Dex-chan lover
"relatively soon"

~3 years

Granted, I've had a dry spell or two like that in my time, but that would obviously be a dry spell.

She moved on properly, he clearly still hasn't, he's not the father of a kid born three years after they parted. Any further assumptions lack evidentiary basis.
2-3 years, you gotta take into account the pregnancy itself, finding someone and it's not like she has to be gotten pregnant the first time around (She was also relatively young if i got that right), also the manga makes it feel/look (at least in my eyes rn) like she still has feelings for him, or at least right now we haven't really seen a reason for her to break up to begin with, more so the opposite, if anything (Though can't really judge on that since we havent seen anything surrounding that)

All in all it feels kinda sketchy, unless the author is trying to pull a weird switchero, which can't really logically be explained, if he really were to be the father for some weird reason (unless she lied about her childs age, of course)

Double-page supporter
Best thing in this comments section is the terminally online calling others terminally online without a hint of irony

Dex-chan lover
not sure why the ratings are so low here, and why most comments are quick to attack the mother either..

she's a single mom. it's so obvious it's almost formulaic at this point. no husband, no cuckoldry, no weird degradation shit that y'all are quick to rally behind.

I'm theorizing here for a bit, how does she even know where he lived in the first place? if the mc is still living in a house since his college days that the mother knows that's fine. but what if he already moved and lives in a place that the mom doesn't know since their college days? that would suggest the mom has been paying very careful attention towards the mc for 17 years, that says a lot plot wise. cmiiw

I'm theorizing here for a bit, how does she even know where he lived in the first place? if the mc is still living in a house since his college days that the mother knows that's fine. but what if he already moved and lives in a place that the mom doesn't know since their college days? that would suggest the mom has been paying very careful attention towards the mc for 17 years, that says a lot plot wise. cmiiw
Looking from her personality(that seem to lack the ability to think things through), and how overwork she was in her daugther flashback... i doubt that she actually know for certain that MC still live there, I'm guessing that she just do a shot in the dark out of desperation after the yet to reveal circumstance to find something to rely on and was just in luck that MC still haven't move out.

Why did she has to rely on her ex instead of her family home? Either bad family, already got disowned(like Yacchan in Toradora), or they are already passed away.

Jesus Christ, the amount of hate for the mother, for all we know that is HIS daughter and the mother broke off the relationship to not get in the way of HIS painting career or whatever.

She could be lying about the age.

As for looking for an apartment, we don't even know if she's looking or not and the "ideal apartment" comment was just a joke.

They were going out and by the 3rd friend interaction they all were obviously best friends, why would she not be happy/playful.

PS: I still thing she's her daughter, I saw a strand of hair that had the same curvy way, plus the hair goes the same way as Takaharu's, and the opposite way of her mother's

Crazy how people will defend the mother. 17 years no contact just to come back and ask for housing. People really do have rose colored glasses for the manga art style. No sane person would accept it in real life.

Dex-chan lover
Author's trying to spin this as some wholesome fluff manga, but it's genuinely disturbing. She's completely taking advantage of him, and he's just taking it like a right proper japenis. And of course we get no clarification about their relationship or who's daughter that is. What a trainwreck...
All we need now is for some weird replacement father-con romance developments and to set that train on fire... :notlikethis:

Dex-chan lover
It's the same place he lived in college when they were dating. C2P5 "Though Ryou probably knows her way around."

I thought it was stated that he's lived there his whole life but I couldn't find it so that must be from one of the other hundred manga I'm reading.

Dex-chan lover
You mother is better now because she has a men taking care of her, kid she is the worst trying to leach out of this dude... Holy shit bro, kick her out.

The guys that see no problem with the mom are going in for pain in their life, she is the worst, you cant blame the daughter, she is fine.

Aggregator gang
Crazy how people will defend the mother. 17 years no contact just to come back and ask for housing. People really do have rose colored glasses for the manga art style. No sane person would accept it in real life.
These weirdos somehow feel like this manga is good and wholesome while ignoring the whole setup of 30 something y.o. single mother has no choice but to sneak to her ex's house to crash until her apartment is fixed...?

Like...the premise itself only has dark assumptions to it lol....

Users who are viewing this thread