Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 4

Fed-Kun's army
Easiest comparison is, why bother taking the time to make your own tatertots when you can get them by the pound in the freezer aisle? Frying isn't even the most annoying part, it's dicing everything up and then shaping individual pieces back together, and the daughter isn't wrong to imagine a machine in a factory because that's way more efficient at scale. Same deal with hashbrowns; I could see myself trying to make some fancy ones at home on a weekend once in a while, but 9 times out of 10 I'm getting in and out of a McDonald's drive through in less than 10 minutes.

Last week we had someone implying not slut shaming women is communist behavior, at this point I'm looking forward to the shitshow in the comments more than the actual chapters lmao.
Yeah, it's insane how riled up ppl got in the comments
Chapter is pretty good.
I will say this, calling him a cuck is insane. They aren't even in a relationship. They both are (clearly) single, especially since her child's father is not in the picture. I'll admit, I think he's way too nice to her. But calling him a cuck is jumping the gun, the bullet, and the gunman. Is the mom a bit stupid for going to someone she hasn't seen in 17 years? Yeah. Is it kinda a dick move to expect he was just gonna let you move in? Also, yeah. But I don't think that makes her scum. Nor does that make him a cuck. They're supposed to be flawed people, that's all.
Btw they the friend said they were a trio back then meaning childhood friends so they should be pretty close and not just someone I met 17 years ago in a class group project and never again

Dex-chan lover
I read the comments before reading the chapter and thought the mom did some really fucked up thing, then I read the chapter and basically nothing happened
Honestly I feel like a lot of people commenting here are just straight up being super sexist, like they are hating on the mom for really no reason, it is not like she is asking for anything other than a place to stay, she is not saying "Oh this is your daughter" or anything like that, and it is pretty obvious that the dude likes her.

It is really shocking to me how angry people are at him for allowing his ex and her daughter to stay with him, like it is obvious that he really is lonely and still likes his ex, it doesn't seem like it was a bitter or hateful breakup, painful maybe because he really seems to still even now still have feelings for her.

She is also not someone who seems to be malicious but rather just a natural airhead, also I saw someone say that he should marry the daughter and that is really creepy, dude is 36 the girl is not even an adult, from what I can tell she must be around midway through High School (like 15 or 16), like christ get a life

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
while i do think helping acquintance having shelter is a nice thing, the way MC happy even if his ex is deceiving, as long as he get to her smile.... is what makes me label him as kind of simp.... like, that was a really pathetic. No hard feeling on helping people, but to be okay with deceived as long the woman is happy is way too low.

just from me, but he can said "she will not do that" to this friend who tell him to aware of her motive is way better than being okay to be used.

Also the way she just casually describe his place on what kind of place she want come of as scummy for me, dunno why
Bro he is just happy to see someone he still has feelings for, he is just saying I don't know why she came to me but I don't really care even if I am being used because I am glad to see this person again, this could apply even in non romantic relationships too, like even if a buddy you haven't seen in forever suddenly shows up asking for a place to crash, if you have fond memories with them you would let them stay and not really care about them staying with you.

Obviously if he found out he was being deceived he would definitely feel hurt, but like he is basically saying I am just happy to see her again, mind you he geniunely seems to have been really in love with her back then, and finally seeing someone you had those kinds of feelings for after 17 years of no contact.

Also her basically just describing his place is definitely no scummy she just likes it there with him, from what we see of the daughter she likely was worn out as a single parent, I don't doubt that she herself also has feelings for MC, but likely won't try to act on them because she has a daughter, she is much happier around him too.

Guess what emotions are complex and not simple, sometimes we feel things that are contradictory

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
Why are so many of the comments so weird? Calling the mom a hoe and the mc a cuck? Do people here not understand empathy? It's been 17 years since the breakup and the fmc has a kid. If she's willing to ask for help and he accepted, it didn't seem like they ended on the worst of terms and there hasn't been any leftover resentment shown. If he has the room, why not lend them help. And while her actions haven't been the greatest, we've been shown that she's an airhead and with his he's used to it she's been like that for awhile. The people who think her actions are of malice or her trying to take advantage of him are likely either extremely pessimistic or projecting their hate of women onto her.

I swear it's like they're reading a different story. If there's some hint I'm missing, let me know. There's still a chance the story might turn that way later, but as of now it's just a dude helping an ex who needed some help.
It really goes to show that a lot of folk in this community have some really nasty problems if they see this wholesome story and start being all weird and sexist like that.

Because honestly it is just sexism, they see a woman with a daughter and they start assuming she is just using him, and being awful and manipulative, they are giving her a lot of credit to be fair she seems a bit dumb and an airhead more than maliciously cunning.

Also the literal first lines from the MC are that he feels lonely being 36 and single, I think that it is mostly a story about family and love, she might not be his bio-daughter but that doesn't mean they can't become like father and daughter through a developed bond, I had that kind of bond with my grandfather because my dad is a workaholic who can't be bothered to be interested in being a dad, it is also obvious that the daughter is going to push them to be together because she is realising that her mom is happy with him, and the mom was very obviously his muse and source of inspiration because his inspiration came from his love for her.

I don't think there is anything wrong getting together with someone who has a child already, but it is not something everyone should do because not everyone is capable of navigating the complexities of having a step-child and dealing with the baggage of previous relationships, because a marriage can end a million different ways, everything from death of a parent, to abuse, or just falling out love with someone and all of those have different problems you have to deal with.

Someone who separated due to abuse will have different problems regarding being in a relationship, and children with an abusive parent require a different approach to make them feel safe with the new parent/partner of the parent, it also likely involves having no contact with the abusive parent because, while a family that lost a parent will mourn their loss, the widowed parent will likely have a tough time emotionally moving on and will require understanding, same with a child who might be more reluctant to acknowledge the new parent as their parent, thinking that you might be trying to replace their deceased parent, while a child from an amicable divorce might want to spend time with their bio-parent instead of the step-parent which requires understanding and you can't replace that relationship but just form a new one where the child might be able to accept that they have 3 or 4 parents depending on if both parents get remarried and that they all care for the child and are not trying to replace each other.

Easy to say those relationships are increibly hard to navigate and deal with.

I don’t but maybe I’m wrong but what if it not her real daughter and it was her sister daughter or a family and she had to take care of it so that y she broke up with Mc cuz he had a future and she didn’t want to take that away but that just my opinion

Dex-chan lover
I don’t but maybe I’m wrong but what if it not her real daughter and it was her sister daughter or a family and she had to take care of it so that y she broke up with Mc cuz he had a future and she didn’t want to take that away but that just my opinion
Sources: that is the daughter and that is the real mom. The father is not the mc, 100%. About the past, it will be detailed later on.

Dex-chan lover
🍿
Hope he actually got the ball to kick them out
He better has, considering how shameless she is 🥲

After all looking at the conversation with the friend in the previous chapter she is the one who dumped him and then up and left, while getting pregnant by someone else relatively soon, since nothing was said so far I'll just assume it's not his kid, until proven otherwise

He's setting ground rules and enforcing the urge to get her to move out and move on so thats good! The daughters behavior seems rude but with a mom like that and her being left to herself with no adult-acting "Adult" in her life she could be a hell of a lot worse.

I don't think they are terrible people but the mom definitely is a failure to launch problemchild and most likely the reason the breakup occurred. I am insanely curious how they flush out her character or make the mom likeable because while I have sympathy she definitely hasn't made herself a likable character so far.
Considering the fact that she seemingly has no extended family and it seems like the mom and her ex didn't break up on bad terms my guess is that she's from a rich family that arranged a marriage for her and threatened the Ex if she tried to decline them.

I don't think this manga is going to take make crazy pivot to something dark and serious so I think author will make the mom a sympathetic figure

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, it's insane how riled up ppl got in the comments

Btw they the friend said they were a trio back then meaning childhood friends so they should be pretty close and not just someone I met 17 years ago in a class group project and never again
More reason to not call him a cuck. I will say, it is still a dick move on her part but that doesn't make her a terrible person. And he's still way too nice, though I still wouldn't call him a cuck.

It's just me or there's a exact same manga with the same premise.. the main character ex bring their child to live in with the mc, I feel that I've been reading that and not this one

Banned
This comment section can never not be filled with the worst incel monkeys who will never be in a real relationship ever lmao

he can simply ask his ex where her husband is or what happened that they're now alone. he's just going to let them take advantage of him. what a simp.

he can simply ask his ex where her husband is or what happened that they're now alone. he's just going to let them take advantage of him. what a simp.
If I'm being honest, he wouldn't tell her he would not cook for her if she didn't look for a place seriously, but people are blowing the "simp" word out of proportions.

Again is still good hearted to give them a place to stay till they find a place for themselves and the girl doesn't just stay in the house doing nothing all day

Dex-chan lover
20240223031637-340d283f.jpg

:notlikethis:
Tend to happen for me too
But it's more "now I got curious at how bad this is going to end" for me

Honestly I just feel like most of the issues would be solved if we knew who the kid's dad was

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I just feel like most of the issues would be solved if we knew who the kid's dad was
That's a problematic question because there are only 2 outcomes:
  • Kid isn't his, meaning he is being taken advantage of
  • Kid is his, meaning he is being taken advatage of AND the person taking advantage of him also kept his child from him all her life

Users who are viewing this thread